Reviews for Concealment
Hinotama-Soul chapter 4 . 12/6/2012
I like the drabbles!
it is always difficult to write the charakters like they are. thats something that will never change
Blossomwitch chapter 6 . 5/12/2009
Now I get to read all your Saiyuki fic. _

The qualities you picked for the Sanzo-party were none of them what I would have guessed was coming, which made it all the more fascinating. I particularly think you nailed Goku's deception dead on. He is not a child, and doesn't mind a bit if everyone thinks of him as one. Sanzo's hyprocisy is also a dead hit, and I loved Hakkai's assertion that as long as people think he's fragile, everyone will leave him alone. (Very Kurama-ish of him).

...And you really didn't see the 58? Really?
jellyfish incorporated chapter 6 . 10/25/2008
Dontcha just love Nii, despite his ass hat-edNess and ability to enrage Kami - Sama fans.

Lovely as ever, and frighteningly insightful, not only for Fans, but for those who share History with the Ikkou.

Much Love.

Duzzie chapter 2 . 2/3/2007
Agh. Goku's got to be my very, very favorite character in Saiyuki, and I wish I could find more writing like this. You've really portrayed him very well and realistically. I absolutely love it. I can see it.

The other chapters are just as lovely and real, I chose to review this one. They're great.
dawn2dusk chapter 4 . 12/28/2006
insightful-I really liked how in a few pharagraphs you hit the essence of the charactors. I especially liked Sanzo's.
Eyes of Shinigami chapter 6 . 12/24/2006
*laughs* Thanks for the shout-out. I appreciate it.

What a great way to top an already wonderful series off. Again, the characterization was perfect. You really captured the essence of Nii here, including the little bit about losing his sun. Though, it might have been more appropriate if you would have used the moon, since Koumyou and Nii were compared to the moon and the night. Just a thought. _

Though, I loved the way that you ended this. I think that he's very similar to Homura in how he wants to bring everyone down with him, if only to justify his own pain. It's that envy, that need. You really nailed it.

And you're right...he does hide. After all, he hides behind the name Nii Jenyi to mask that he's really Ukoku Sanzo, the heretical Sanzo who really wasn't supposed to be. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

-EoS
hasleftthesite chapter 6 . 12/24/2006
Whaah, very cool! I love it! The first line just was dead on and set perfectly the mood for the rest. Damn, you really portrayed him good!

I could just see him in front of me while reading this and see him sceaming and plotting and so much more. Really nice work.

"Even in success he will be lost in the shadows" loved especially this line cause we so often forget about him while in fact he is the one pulling most of the strings. He's the person behind most of it even if we tend to forget that cause he doesn't step into the light to claim the praise for his plans.

And didn't he also love the night? Hadn't he made some bet with Sanzo's master about whether the sun would raise again or not? Sanzo's master was the sun and he is the moon. Two sides of the same coin and yet they differ from each other like night and day.

Very cool and good!

Loved also your explanation about Kougaiji. It makes more sense now.

Well it was one hell of a ride and it was my pleasure to read it and review. Thank you for sharing your insight with us (bows respectfully).

Gillie

And also a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
narrizan chapter 6 . 12/24/2006
O-oh! Nii. *Falls over in fangirl puddle mush*

Thank you. For this alone I could love all your writings. He gets' oft forgotten, people forget half their trials and tribulations are due to him and Kanzeon...WHen they meet it's gonna be one helluva smackdown.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year. I will get to the rest of your writings soon enough never fear. Mwahahaha!

I must go for the children are calling!
missingkitsune chapter 6 . 12/23/2006
ok i get it. the whole shadow thing right? yep i'm still here and will remain so. your work is fun to read. keep up the good job.

don't remember if i reviewed the kougaiji on or not but it was also good if i didn't review. *bows head in shame* any way hope to read more of your work soon. .x
Raging Lulu chapter 6 . 12/23/2006
Ooh, I liked this one.

I like the first sentence: "Nii doesn't know not to hide."
Eyes of Shinigami chapter 5 . 12/22/2006
Wooh. What a wild ride. I have to say that I both agree and disagree with you. You really nailed Kougaiji here too, just like you did with Gojyo in the one before it.

He is a hypocrite, just like all the rest. He does use his mother's love to justify what he's doing and what he feels he must do, even though he knows that it isn't what she would do. He drowns in her love to save her, and it clouds everything else.

But I do have an appreciation for him, nonetheless. The boy just has a bit of an Oepidal complex...to much love for his momma.

Despite that, you did a tremendous job. I'm very impressed (as if I should be surprised. Look at how awesome the others were) and it just makes me hunger for more. I loved the comparison to the earrings, something that Gyukomen Koushu makes a point of singling out in the manga. It means you really did your homework. *winks*

You have left me in your thrall once again. I can only wonder what will happen when you get Nii in your clutches. Good luck!

-EoS
hasleftthesite chapter 5 . 12/22/2006
Auwch, I feel like you're a bit off here.

I don't believe Kougaiji would betray his friends. He would more likely go through a hell to help them or save them. He does have a strong bond with them and he does have a nice side. He doesn't kill others just to kill. There are times when he even saves innocents.

As for doing it for his mother and seeing as he owes it to her while there is no debt ... Kougaiji really loves his mom and no matter what anyone says, he really believes in his debt towards his mom. Maybe because she raised him or because of some other reason we don't know yet but that feeling of a debt is very real for him and there have also been times in the anime and manga when he has betrayed his vow to his mum just because he couldn't justify the action that was demanded of him and that would bring him closer to his goal in regards of his mom. He doesn't act blindly out of love for his mum.

Anyways, that's my opinion.

Raging Lulu chapter 5 . 12/22/2006
Kougaiji is hard to understand for some. We all are driven by something, some of us are more selfish about those things that drive us more than others.
Wonderland chapter 4 . 12/15/2006
Great set of one shots. It was interesting to see how each one hides things. One of things I've found interesting is the difference in how Goku acts and his actual age, though to be fair a person really can't mature when he is locked up with no one else.
hasleftthesite chapter 4 . 12/13/2006
Very good. I don't see why you aren't satisfied with it? You managed to capture Gojyo very well.

It is so true that he hides his fear of being rejected and unloved behind smiles, seducing women, ... I think he jumps from relationship to relationship to avoid someone rejecting him. He gets out of the relationship before the other has the chance to hurt him. His playboy attitude is also something he hides behind.

And yes, he says things as they are. No hiding with him unless it has somthing to do with himself.

I know that from now on I'll watch Saiyuki with a whole new perspective thanks to you.

Gillie

And as I said I would love to see your insight in other characters.