Reviews for The World Turned Over
Derek's being a McA** and this is the first time in this story that I didn't find Meredith's behaviour absolutely annoying and mortifying whenever she is around him. Don't get me wrong, I like your story and your writing style except for the way you make Meredith behave in Derek's and Addison's company.
rosewantstofly chapter 40 . 9/23/2014
this fic was amazing! you wrote every character so well! cristina was particularly hilarious! i like how you showed addison's perspective sometimes also
Ultratee chapter 29 . 8/4/2014
Oh man! This was painful! Meredith deserves to be happy
Ultratee chapter 17 . 8/4/2014
I realise this story is about 6 yrs old but I have only just discovered fan fiction and I am a huge MerDer but can I just say I spent most of this chapter in tears. Der does not deserve Mer at all, Addision and Bailey are just so brilliant. Thanks for this
Guest chapter 40 . 2/21/2014
Such a good story. I don't even know how to say how much I loved it. Excellent storyline and just perfectly written. Your ramblings were sweet and really showed how much you loved writing this and it showed in just how awesome it is. I spent every spare moment on a skiing holiday reading this and grinning to myself like an idiot instead of revising for exams, but I wouldn't change a second.
I just love your writing. You know that game, 'if you could only take one ... to a desert island, what would it be?' In terms of books I would want to take an anthology of everything you've ever written. You are genuinely my favourite FF author, not just for GA but for LoTS as well. I'm just gonna go read more of your stories now and stop fangirling like an idiot.
Thank you for your writing.
sami1010220 chapter 40 . 4/5/2013
Great job, but omg your authors notes! I hope there wasn't anything too important in them, because after the first one I just ignored them. They were way too long, and just reiterated what I read two seconds ago.
Ren chapter 24 . 2/21/2013
I'm enjoying your story but your authors notes are killing me! Not sure I'm going to make it til the end. Seriously, you write well, but what's will the need to rehash and ramble the whole chapter again?
va09 chapter 40 . 2/20/2013
I fall in love w/ that story.
CileSuns92 chapter 20 . 12/16/2012
"Derek smiled dryly, thinking of how easily it was for him to sever things every day. He was a surgeon. Cutting was built into his bones. Scalpels fit to the curve of his hand like a glove. And yet this cut-this final separating stroke-was holding him paralyzed. He didn't know how to begin. The permanency to it filled the air around him despite the fact that he hadn't even voiced it. In a way, Derek didn't need to. He could already tell. This would be permanent. This would send them miles apart in a way that even a whole continent hadn't quite managed to do."

Your observations are as sharp as Derek's scalpel. I love how you make everything fit perfectly, even when it's hard to understand, even when Derek has to leave Meredith alone to get his peace of mind, it is still beautiful.

I strongly believed that Meredith working herself into exhaustion and almost labor was exactly the wake-up call they needed, as things were spiraling out of control at that point, fighting or non-fighting. It is a storyline that many writers used, but you added a depth and a realism in every exchange between Meredith and Addison that was great to read through. It's awkward and, let's face it, crazy for Addison to be Meredith's doctor, but I still believe she would have acted like a professional and Meredith would be mortified either way. I loved how Meredith cried for Addison, I really loved it.

I still should be studying, well, whoops ;)
CileSuns92 chapter 12 . 12/16/2012
You know, when I get to this chapter, I always think that the duality of it is astounding. Seriously, the warmth of Meredith hearing the heartbeat -disrupted only by the fact that Derek is not here and she feels alone- completely clashes with the coldness Derek is feeling, despite the warmth of the setting you threw him in.

I have read this story multiple times and at this chapter I always get shivers. Meredith, looking over her shoulder as she thinks of herself as a mom, that is just beautiful. I can imagine her face and her gestures and they always amaze me. She might be sad and lonely and alone in there, but she knows that she's a mother and this sudden and apparently plain realization is always something that blows me away when it's brought up. You build up the scene perfectly, honestly. There's a reason why your story is one of my favorite study-break to date, after all.

I'm going back to the story then, enjoying the greatness of it all, pretending I don't have exams in less than a month.
ggg chapter 30 . 9/26/2012
i have never read such a stupid merder storry. meredith as a spinless victim? seriously? it's sooooo ridiculous and absurd...
Hasi2012 chapter 40 . 8/17/2012
Your story was really great to read. Thank you!
I was just addicted to it and couldn's stop reading every day...
MeghanSGH chapter 28 . 2/28/2012
I've read a lot of spineless Derek stories but this one takes the cake. What giant spineless cunt he is. I've never read a more miserable Meredith story. She would've been better off having an abortion and changing hospitals. Derek is toxic as is family. Meredith's life will be nothing but sheer misery for the rest of her life. It's heartbreaking.
CileSuns92 chapter 40 . 2/9/2012
You know, I read this story at least three times and each time I ask myself, why isn't it in your favorites, why haven't you signed a review yet? So I decided to make up for lost time.

I don't care that it's been years that this story is finished, because the more I read it, even if I actually know what is going to happen, I can't help but get the same warm and fuzzy feeling of joy, love, passion or even fear and sadness at the beginning.

Many people had left their opinion and I'll be just another drop in the ocean, but whatever. Thank you for writing this story!
Chicleeblair chapter 39 . 3/19/2011
Reviewing here because I reviewed 40 like a million years ago. I just spent all evening rereading this, remembering the passion of early Grey's. It made me cry again, even now. Thank you! :)
1,367 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »