Reviews for The Virgil Card
tiylaya chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
What a sweet story! The characters are spot on, and it's clear that Jeff put his finger on the one thing that is most important to Scott. I loved the way it was written, and the ending was fantastic.
eriphi chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
This is lovely. I am having a very nice evening finding some new delights in the back-catalogue of ff. net. This is just what I was looking for, without even realising it.

I think you caught the characters just right, Scott the protector, Gordon the oft-underestimated, and Jeff the sly-old-dog. I love your description of the family, and the dialogue was spot on. Congratulations for a lovely story, and thank you.
ejb chapter 1 . 12/19/2006
I enjoyed this. It is a change from your usual style of little humourous tales but quite well written and thought out all the same. Poor Scott staring up at the pilots going off to fight and longing to join in with the action. Still however his need to be with I.R. and to take care of his brothers won in the end. Well done for another nice story.
Sapphire1 chapter 1 . 12/19/2006
Yes, if there's one thing to make sure that Scott would stay with IR is his need to protect the others. Really like that story
Dickonfan chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
You captured Scott's angst perfectly. Only Gordon could get away with calling his father "a sly old dog" and only Gordon would even think of calling his father that. And at the end, when Scott doesn't even pay any attention at all to the sound of the jets but turns to Virgil with a question about his art, shows Scott's resolve to stay with IR and continue to watch out for his brothers' safety, not just Virgil's.

Gee, I want to write the way you do when I grow up.
Ms Hobgoblin chapter 1 . 12/10/2006
Hey, not what I was expecting at all, but it was better than what I thought!

The Virgil Card..(well I was right about him being unwell!)

Loved it, great piece of writing.

Hob x
wintertea chapter 1 . 12/9/2006
I enjoyed this, thank you.
quiller chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
We're going to want to see more of this story, you know that, don't you?

And a big thanks for the mental image of Gordon skinny-dipping!
cathrl chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
Nice one! I like the setup, and I can see Scott feeling like that. And you really had me believing that you were going to go through with it - but I'm glad you didn't.