Reviews for Stones Become Mountains
Cy Fur chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
This is an excellent story. I especially like how you told so much of Lexaeus' backstory - many people tend to ignore it.
WonderlandSyndrome chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
One of the best Lexaeus-centred fics out there, if not one of the best ‘Somebody origin’ fics. I’m glad you made Aeleus a farmer’s boy; I have always pictured him the same, being friendly and familiar with the earth from birth, as well as his observant way of thinking. A very rare treat.
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
Awesome. That's all I can really say. Awesome. Lexaeus is one of my favorite nobodys and I just played FFVI and met Laguna, Ward, and Kiros... Their characters are written well. I really like this.
lily23 chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
That story was awesome.

"“that makes me into your brother while we're here, right? I'd better make sure you stay fed.""

That was cute.

I love the whole end when he is thinking while holding the Tomahawk, especially this part:

"Every atom of Elaeus’s body hurts, so every fraction becomes rebuilt, rewritten in his mind like a book whose sentences have been jumbled into parts and forced to make sense anyway. Pain and life and death and strength - again and again he thinks about them, about earth-work that continues forever and can only be endured."
Lil Tanuki chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
Oh gawd, I love you. Please marry me?

I'm an overlyemotional person, more so when it comes to the few Lex center stories that exist. Never once did it /not/ feel like Elaeus. The entire story made sense for his character, a VERY believable background for him. When he's reciting the oath I had a Geek moment (I tend to do this often) and pictured him preparing himself for the responsibility of donning spandex and primary colours. After a bit of giggling, I realized that it wasn't as Crack! of a thought at all, Lexy is the Silent Hero, after all.

Another thing that just seemed so 'Lex' was that he came from a large family. It would explain how he could deal with the varying/eccentric personalities of the rest of the 0rg. members.

-Tanuki
i AM the Random Idiot chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
Greatest Lexaeus fic.

EVER.
The Light's Refrain chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
Beautiful. Just beautiful. It makes sense that Elaeus was a farm boy, trained to be strong and tame the earth beneath his feet. I espeically love the part where he's left standing with the tomahawk, and he holds off his pain with the thoughts and memories of his life.

I assume the three soldiers are from a Final Fantasy game, or some other story or game, but I didn't recognize them myself.

Cya!
Lady KeyBlade chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
Yay! There is not enough Lexaeus/Elaeus fanfiction out there! Write more!
Specter Von Baren chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
Hhm... Pretty good! I'm glad that someone is willing to write about Lexaeus rather than the usual Orginization members.

signed

Specter
MidnightWhisper7 chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
I am so glad to finally read some good quality fics exploring Lexaeus's character. Because he is not the dumb fool that most authors make him out to be. I love the way you write of the apprentices and their experiences, and the subtle personality quirks that come across.
Elias Dae chapter 1 . 12/17/2006
That was just beautiful. That's all I can say.
Carmen Willious Dorman chapter 1 . 12/15/2006
This is a great concept for Lex's background story. Very well written. Great work!
GKit chapter 1 . 12/9/2006
Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. Most people tend to forget about the silent strength of the earth, as they do Lexaeus. You always manage to bring out such amazing personalities of the Organization XI, even with the characters that are barely mentioned.

Great job, and I hope to read more of your works. :)
Nameless chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
Yes. Very much yes. People always forget the salt of the Earth - that which needs to be done, and is done, but is so often overlooked. Lexeaus strikes me to be like that. And his observations of the other boys is very observant too, particularly his notice of what they each fear. Just over all, very good.
ShadowCoeur chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
Amazing, how you've constructed a past for Lexaeus. It held me right through the end just like all your other pieces. "Small stones like to become mountains". A very, VERY good description you used for this to reflect on everything else. The moments of aid, the moments of weakness, the way he used it all to stable himself. They are all one big family.

No Xehanort, but it doesn't matter. You made a great portrayal of the rest -heck, Reno and Rude came to mind when you mentioned Braig and Dilan as a 'team' for lack of better word. Hah.

The part with Ienzo up against the laboratory closet is still in my mind at the moment.