Reviews for The Evil Remains
VenaHope chapter 1 . 5/17
So, what happens when you DO do a self insert? What is point in fanfiction if you are doing nothing to the story? Fan-fiction is about changing what the writer wants, I get were your going with the Mary-Sues, but what happens when you write a story about self insert just for the heck of it, or because you like self inserts (But not the whiny romance kind) The none romance kind. Self Inserts, (the good kind) are what got me into fanfiction. They are not all bad. Although I see where your coming from. Some of those fics are completely comical though and that's what make them enjoyable.
CultOfStrawberry chapter 1 . 1/1/2007
[claps] excellent
The Green Phoenix chapter 3 . 12/10/2006
A really good guide to fanfics so far. It was clearly explained and would definitely be my reccomendation to any budding authors out there. Great job so far. Perhaps next you could go into description and imagery.
AssaultSloth chapter 3 . 12/8/2006
All in all good advice. I wouldn't mind it if everybody would ready this. I suggest tips on what makes a good fanfiction, plot and character-wise, though perhaps that's too subjective a topic to cover.

For example, in my opinion, being in character is the most important thing in fanfiction, for what is fanfiction but the opportunity to bring new adventures to the characters and settings people love for the show. Also, don't overpower your OC's. Also, don't rely only on dialogue. In most stories, a balance between dialogue and narration must be reached.

One final comment. In your rant about punctuation, you instruct people to use commas but do not use them in your example sentence. Might be helpful to fix that.

Anyway, keep it up.
Short Witty Name Goes Here chapter 3 . 12/8/2006
I agree totally with what you are saying, however I think you need to put in something about the ENTER button, nobody likes it when your story is all smushed together in one paragraph.

IE: "Hi what are you doing" "Nothing" blah blah blah

SHOULD BE: "Hi what are you doing?" ENTER

"Nothing" Blah Blah Blah

You see what I am getting at?

Thanks!