Reviews for The Way Things Were
v bdfb chapter 16 . 5/18
great story. please continue. will naruto help sasuke to beat orochimaru and not get a cursed seal?
god of all chapter 16 . 5/12/2012
Great chapter and story so far please continue this story soon.
Obi1Nemogbr chapter 10 . 6/15/2011 Naruto Kage Bunshin can serve as distraction whilst the groups escapes.
Obi1Nemogbr chapter 2 . 6/15/2011
Different premise to the story. Not sure why the orphanage would allow just anyone to adopt Naruto, when the adults know that he is the jinchuriki.

Especially a stranger who no one knows about.

Did the Sandaime smooth things through?
dragoon109 chapter 3 . 7/12/2010
I can understand the different time paradoxes, depending on how one goes back in time determines on if a person will survive. meaning if ryuu goes ahead and kills sasuke know than he could still live since it seems to be part of the price of the time travel. on the other hand i dont

understand how being 'cursed' like you say is possible. perhaps fixing a more probable method and price as well as of the few plot holes than the story would be smoother. but i get the general idea and pace you are trying to get at and it is a rather more of a 'fun' story than anything but still fun!
dragoon109 chapter 2 . 7/12/2010
Am curios, how can you sat that the seal was weak? it was held by the death god after all it cant be. unless damage of some kind happened to it than that is a different story. please be more specific, after all the death god is stronger than the nine tails is.
ForeverFallen76 chapter 4 . 4/8/2010
I would say that you're being way too rough on Naruto's training, but I'd be lying. When I was that age, I trained my ass off, and I was insulted if my sensei or any of my friends went "easy" on me. By the time I was twelve, I was sparing against seventeen and eighteen years old for a change. I didn't stop until I really injured both my knees and right ankle, but I wouldn't have change anything even if I could. So, the way Ryuu is training Naruto is pretty spot on, especially for the given profession that Naruto is going to be entering at an early age. Great story and chapter. I wish I started to read this when I added it to my Story Alerts, but it didn't happen that way. And boy am I kicking myself in the ass for it now! LOL. Well, now its on to the next chapter. Later.
neoslucius chapter 16 . 3/16/2010
I'm not sure, but when I look at the rules for the exam I believe that you don't need to even answer the questions. It isn't said that you lose points when not answering.
Barranca chapter 16 . 3/13/2010
Sure, Naruto is more brawn than brains but I'm curious to see what you will do with him in the next chapter, he has been well conditioned by both Kurenai and Ryuu.
HikariNoTenshi-San chapter 16 . 3/12/2010
YAYS! XD Naruto and Hinata are so cute together! XD
xJust xx Smilex chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
Ok this is pretty awesome.

Well written and thoroughly enjoyable.

Sarah1281 chapter 6 . 10/22/2009
Well, obsessed with finding answers is probably better than obsessed wtih getting revenge, right?
Serena530 chapter 16 . 9/16/2009
I wasn't sure I would like this when I first started. I know I was completely confused as to what was going on but I kept reading and became more interested. The question that keeps running through my mind is how the heck did Hinata end up having the Uchia's child? Was it an arranged marriage? Because I just don't see Hinata ending up with him willingly. Or was it something...unsettling? Like him forcing himself on her? Nah! I don't think its that. I'm more with the arranged marriage theory. Unless you mentioned it in one of the chapters and I just somehow missed it. Can't wait to see what the next step in Naruto and Hinata's relationship will be. Can't wait for an update, so please do so soon.)
The Gandhara chapter 6 . 9/9/2009
Usually, I'd say that the academy days are boring, but so many fics skip them that it's actually a novelty change to read about them. Plus, we get to see how you're molding Naruto's psyque, how he decided his path in life and all. And you're doing a great job with it.

I have a couple doubts. First, Ryuuki has barely interacted with Hinata. Is it painful for him to do so? Is it simply that he's too busy with Naruto and missions? I would have thought he'd want to know his mother a bit. Or at least to insure she's strong enough to survive the storm that is coming.

Second, if Ryuuki was in the village, how come he didn't stop Itachi? I can't believe that the elder Uchiha is stronger than him. Didn't his scroll warn him about the massacre?
The Gandhara chapter 5 . 9/9/2009
I know from experience that a three-way fight is quite difficult to pull off. Congrat on making yours quite decent.