Reviews for Taking Action
the grey mage chapter 7 . 11/4/2009
hi, did season three kill your imagination for this story?
shaid chapter 7 . 8/13/2008
seeing as it's been a couple of years since you last updated, I know you're not going to finish this... but I'm putting it on my alert list anyway.
the former anime-luney chapter 4 . 12/2/2007
I'm only on ch. 4, but in answer to 'If you’re reading, I’d love to know what compells you to do so...good, bad, or otherwise' at the top, I have to answer. xD The reason i started was because I found it on ardy1's fav list. I continued it because I love stories that have not so main characters lead, such as Sokka centric in Avatar, Shikamaru centric in Naruto kind of thing. :3 I also like your Sokka. xD Much love

kk, now back to finishing what you have of your story
Alasoi chapter 7 . 10/31/2007
Ah, very good. It is very interesting so far, and I hope you continue it.

I wish you luck with your writing :)

Iztiak
nutshak chapter 7 . 9/30/2007
(gives apluase) very good story! i just hope you haven't abandoned it! it's great. keep it up!
Zerole The Untamed chapter 7 . 6/11/2007
Great story, I love the sense of humor used in it. My favorite line being Mai's "Will someone just bleed already?", it was so hilarious despite the group being in a life or death situation. Aside from that I love Sokka's interaction with the others, Suki and Toph in particular. On that topic however, I'm not sure if I'm squinting to see what I wanna see but is Toph interested in Sokka? Iunno, I thought she seemed jealous of Suki on occasion but I could be imagining it. A SukiSokkaToph romance would be great though, poor Sokka would literally be stuck between a rock and a hard place. ' Well, good luck and best wishes on the next chapter, I hope you update soon.
Dan chapter 7 . 6/7/2007
Update!

I've read the story twice now. I thought the season was coming early as well. I'd heard March and May were when the new season was starting and it's June now. Still no Avatar. The fics you and authors like you write are the only things that are keeping me going so please please update.

Watch the new season will probably come out of the summer (I'm not saying when, because I don't know!) because then I'll be away from home without a TV or internet for reading Fics.

Great story please update. You've got a portrayal (misspelledd, b/c I'm sleepy) of the charcters that is very gritty, while managing to capture the essence of the show that makes them so rich and complex.

Bravo say I
Dan chapter 7 . 3/24/2007
Update!

Please . . .
CultOfStrawberry chapter 1 . 3/22/2007
I had fun reading this :)
Dan chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
Update dude update!, that's me 2 reviews down by the way, all the compliments are in there . . .

um . . . yeah this is kinda akward, i've never actually seen an old review of mine, so . . . update!

(runs away from keyboard)
Eowyn-sama chapter 7 . 2/3/2007
I was just returning to check for updates when I realized that I haven't reviewed yet! So here it is: this is one of the best fanfics I've found in awhile, I love your characterizations and Sokka's wry humor. The plot works really well, and you even manage to make some sense of Zuko's insanity in the season finale! _ Please continue, I'm not going to make it to March without this fic!
Dan chapter 7 . 1/21/2007
Great story, as i was reading the last chapter I suddenly realized I was near the end of the screen and by the time I hit the review button, I was already thrust into a horrible nightmare world from which there is no awakening! That is . . . unless somebody updates perhaps? (Cough) (wink wink nudge nudge)

Anyway, the first of season three is supposed to premire March so you've got a good month and a half. Don't worry, they'll be moving slow because they only add new episodes once a week or so and you've got a big headstart.

I loved how it is first person Sokka with points of view from others to provide more of a big picture. Too many people write Sokka off as comic relief, he isn't. He's more deep and complex than people give him credit for.

Anyway(man I need more of an eloquent vocabulary . . .), I digress. Good story, can't wait to see how it turns out best of luck blah blah blah blah blah . . . I REALLY ENJOY THIS UPDATE, pretty please? :D
Tiph. Top chapter 7 . 1/16/2007
This story is truely amazing. It makes sense and it is logical. I am really enjoying this. Please keep up the good work. I will be waiting for the next chapter.
ardy1 chapter 7 . 1/7/2007
Despite my actual impatience, this chapter was worth waiting for. So much action!

I do think Sokka probably had Mai too well figured out, given how little he's actually seen of her. On the other hand, I would expect him to be pretty observant, and perfectly willing to put himself in danger to protect someone else (as evidenced in the way he threw himself in front of Suki when Zuko knocked her down way back in ep 4). Toph also probably would have been in it more - remember her finesse with the pro-earthbenders taking her on en masse?

Much as I adore Sokka's narrative, I'm interested in seeing more of the Zuko action as well. He thinks he can stop the war from the inside? What a dreamer.

One thing folks need to remember as they write - a war that has been going on for 100 years would have put quite a dent in resources and population. With refugees pouring into Ba Sing Se over the decades, this latter point might have been overlooked a bit, but surely there would still have been a shortage of military-age males. I would think conscription would have been a given. Anyway, an influx of such would have to be noticable.

Editorial comment - gold eyes would not have been unique to the region - that implies that they would be rare anywhere else. You meant that gold eyes were unusual to the point of rareness for the region. There was another similar word use error, but I don't remember what it was now. So it probably wasn't important.

I am loving this story. Truly!
Kumori Doragon chapter 7 . 1/7/2007
Is there a reason this chapter was in the present tense? Just wondering. You did really well with it actually. I was surprised; I don't think I've ever seen a good piece of writing in that tense. I shouldn't have been shocked though. You're an awesome writer and you pulled it off quite nicely.

I do think Sokka knew a little too much about Mai. I don't know what else to say about it, so I won't.

Toph being conservative? That was handled really well. I don't think she would actually fight holding back, but I suppose the situation did call for it. Please update soon. I really enjoy this fic. It's one of my top five easy.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »