Reviews for What Ends Well: Wherefore a Villain
Lessiehanamoray chapter 10 . 2/3/2008
I finally finished it, and I'm glad I did! It is sad that Entreri's lie went over so smoothly with Jarlaxle. I look forward to the next installment!
jarltreri chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
Do pardon the triple post, the story was just so amazing I couldn't resist being overly twitchy with the mouse!
jarltreri chapter 10 . 11/23/2007
Oh, my. You've bested yourself again, my dear. The epilogue was just perfect. The emotion behind the few words was just excellent, and somehow you managed to retain the characters even in a situation difficult to see them in. Do continue this series. I especially enjoy the touching dialogue as well as the fitting excerpts from the books. Bravo!
Darev chapter 10 . 11/16/2007
A good ending. I'm not too comfortable with Jarlaxle being so vulnerable. It seems so...unDrow. He's been hanging around humans for too long.

I can happily say that this story has been fun to read if a little slow at certain points. That's no judgement on you, I liked it a lot, and there were many memorable scenes (Jarlaxle and Artemis in the bar pretending to be Drizzt and Gwen is my favorite) and memorable lines. You've managed to capture the character of these two so well that you may as well have created them yourselves. (Don't tell Salvatore I said this, less he hire Bregan D'arthe to hunt me down).

It's a good start to a multi-volume epic. The beginning is always the toughest. Count me in for the sequel.

KnightofFaerun
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 10 . 11/15/2007
Wow. That. was. ... Amazing!

Well, what could I say without breaking the wonderful world you have created out of a real mess? These last chapters were such powerful and moving ones. I was out of breath when Jarlaxle's hat has exploded (How dare you to destroy such a beautiful hat by the way?), and I'm still trying to catch my breath! Jarlaxle's fragileness, Artemis's decision, a so incredible characterization and so great ideas!

Wow.

That little word says everything.
Linndechir chapter 10 . 11/15/2007
Aw, that's sweet. Artemis is just perfect in this epilogue. I want more!

As I told you, I like the battle scene much better than the first version, it's really good. Although I probably can't forgive you for what you did to Jarlaxle's hat. :P

Only little criticism: there's one thing at the end of the ninth chapter that seems a bit out of place. After all, Jarlaxle didn't even try to talk to Tandy and to charm her, so it seems a little strange.

Anyway, great as always, and I'm really looking forward to the next part of the story! :)
Darev chapter 9 . 11/14/2007
Now this is what Forgotten Realms is all about: heroes and villians facing unspeakable terrors in a fight for survival. The chase scene was also heart-pounding. I kind of felt dumfounded how Jarlaxle and Artemis could be cornered so easily but they are in Tandy's domain and they didn't have Bregan D'arthe to aid them. Wonder how Jarlaxle is going to take this when he wakes up?

Knight
Ariel D chapter 8 . 11/10/2007
Nice action sequence, and the possessed animals were refreshingly unique. It's interesting that the chief gives Artemis his necklace; I'm wondering what the significane or consequence of that act will be.

And: You're welcome! It's been a pleasure to beta for you. :)
Darev chapter 8 . 11/7/2007
Much more exciting than the previous installment. I don't ever recall a battle between possessed animals and swordsmen before. Any one else would have used the cliched demon or goblin henchmen. It's good that you're being original. As always, Jarlaxle and Artemis are on par. Salvatore would be proud.

My props to Ariel D and Linndechir for their aid.

Knight
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 8 . 11/6/2007
What a shame that there's only one chapter left!
Linndechir chapter 8 . 11/6/2007
I already told you that I like the chapter, but I really love it after your revisions. I can see the battle happening before my eyes, and I like the details you work into the whole story (Jarlaxle's fancy for horses, his awe when he sees the surface animals etc.). The dialogue is, as always, great.

I also like the ending, it's nice to have a calmer conclusion to such an agitated chapter. Artemis' last sentence is quite fascinating; he probably doesn't even realise himself that he is showing Jarlaxle a bit of trust - I doubt that he would have said that to anyone else.

Great work again.
Lady Fellshot chapter 8 . 11/5/2007
I love the banter in this scene. Particularly Entreri's refusal to take some of the credit for the rescue. "I was helping him." *snicker*

I do like how you handled the battle scene BTW. I suppose now we can say with a straight face that both Entreri and Jarlaxle can beat their weight in wildcats .
MisterE69 chapter 7 . 9/24/2007
Great Story thus far. Please continue as I am curious to see how the relationship between Artemis and Jaraxle ensues.

I would be curious to see more actual combat description as well as Artemis and Jaraxle are known warriors, and unique in their ways, especially with their variety of items and weapons.

Please continue as it would be a travesty to not.

Thanks,