Reviews for Chained
sapphireswimming chapter 28 . 8/6/2014
HOLY COW. Wow. Wowwwwwwww. I just. My goodness. I've been staring at the screen for a while wondering what I can say, haha.

Congratulations, I think, should be the first thing. Congrats on your 10 years on fanfiction and so long on this story. I am impressed beyond everything that you have been able to work on a single idea for so long and keep it going and keep it GOING SO WELL. And amid school and graduation and work and everything that life has to throw at you, this is hard for me to image. Congratulations!

And this was the absolute first fic I was directed to once I joined the fandom and it remains one of my all time favorites and I am just so floored by the things you keep doing and the angst you keep bringing and the levels of psychology and friendship and sacrifice and morality and all of it

alsdkfhslkdhf

CONGRATS AND THANK YOU AND OH MY GOODNESS THIS CHAPTER WAS AMAZING
Brandie chapter 28 . 8/1/2014
Hello Lightning Streak,

I consider chained to be a masterpiece in the DP fandom. This story has had me hooked from the beginning. Your take on the characters are strong, and I love how you flesh them out. I felt in the cartoon too many people were oblivious to certain things that should've been apparent. Not only that, but the entire seriousness of the GIW's aka A**es in White, and Valerie pose are realistic. Valerie's anger w/ constant blindness in her refusals to listen ruined a boy's life. That held serious consequences. Yet at the same time keeping Val ignorant lead to this. The way Dark Dan is introduced in this story is ingenious. He's like a bad seed of corruption that sprouted from survival, hurt, and rage.
There's steady realistic development in the emotional lives and perceptions of the characters.
Danny's mother coming to terms w/ who and what her son is/was is hardly ever recognized in actual terms. We see these battles of prejudice & rationality happening within both her and Valerie. Then eventually sweet acceptance no matter how bittersweet.

Also I have to say Sam is very well written here. Truthfully I can't stand her... Sometimes she comes off as a hypocrite, but she's utterly devoted to Danny. Here Sam is mature in mind and will. The selflessness is noted and I appreciate her character. Though I wonder how she'd react if Danny wanted to be rid of his powers all together, or how he has a not quite so innocent interest in Valerie. It's kinda like watching a train crash. lol The mentioning of the other spirits is appreciated. There personalities are so fresh, realistic, and just there. I could imagine this whole story literally.

The question is what's going to happen now? Danny's been caught again. Valerie is captured and to be used as a hostage to test Danny's attachment to her. Will anything that happens to her actually cause him to really care. He's wholly attached to Sam or is he...I can see this going a few ways. Danny will be rescued by Tucker and the gang*, Danny will find some inner animal desperation that'll spur him to desperate measures, but also quickening "Dark Dan's" arrival, or Valerie if she hasn't given up will lie, and work with the GIW. Mainly to survive long enough, but also to help Danny.

Oooooooor lol Danny will suffer once again, but this'll be the final bell toll for his human half. With the constant draining, procedures, and etc...maybe his will of self/psyche does fracture permanently. Maybe he dies in some way, but rises in another. This would be Dark Dan's cue to come into being and make all those f***ers wish they'd never seen a ghost. Anyway thanks and excuse the paragraphs! ;p
Guest chapter 28 . 8/1/2014
OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH This is the second DP fanfic that I've ever read and I have to say its makes me very excited for what has in store for me in the Danny Phantom department. This fanfic is incredible with enough feels to last me a long time. I love it so much!
To answer some of your questions:
1: Either. I really don't care. What ever puts you under the least amount of stress.
2: Danny, Sam and Val CAN NOT DIE! I suppose Danni could die... but preferably no one dying. I like happy. Also I don't want Skulker or Ember to die, ok? They are cute.
3: I think your characterization are spot on. I haven't actually watched DP in a while, but from what I remember I think they are great. Also, your transitions from scene to scene are flawless and smooth.
4: I would make fanart if I could draw.
WithAnAngel chapter 28 . 7/30/2014
Absolutely amazing. I think I favorited your story when you had just released the 3rd or 4th chapter, and now look where we are, over 20 chapters later! I found myself unable to put my tablet down for 5 hours today because I was so immersed in the story. It read very smoothly and beautifully and I could picture everything playing out in my mind like a movie.

Personally, I don't really like Sam because I always felt she only liked Danny because he was something special, something unique. When the series finale aired, this seemed obvious because she didn't agree with him just being "normal" and gave him so much grief about it. Anyways, now that my rant is over, I'm rather enjoying how you portrayed Sam here. She is much more... human and realistic. Although I secretly wish Danny would end up with Valerie, somehow ;)

I've never had the honor of reviewing your story, so to answer your questions, I personally prefer shorter chapters with quicker updates. As for character death, I don't want Sam, Valerie, or Danny (obviously) to die. However I think if Dani were to die, or Maddie, it would make the story that much more emotional and gut-wrenching. Not that needs it-I found myself silently crying during the scene where Danny is talking to his mom after revealing himself... "Where were you? Where were you when I was being tortured?" So hauntingly beautiful!

I can't tell you all my predictions, thoughts, or comments because then this review would be 37 pages long, but I just wanted to let you know you have a loyal story follower and I can't wait to see how everything turns out!

If I have any fear, it is this-that you will decide to discontinue the story. Please don't.

FINALLY, if you ever get a chance, I hope you can read some of my DP stories. Some of my older ones aren't wonderful written, but my newer stuff is much better written, I promise! "Lovesick" seems to be the story everyone most enjoys (:

Sincerely, WithAnAngel
pirates99 chapter 28 . 7/28/2014
Please update sooner.
Kira L. Lawliet chapter 28 . 7/16/2014
I have no clue what you ur ending WAS!? Its like... Idk... I m sad that humen danny died tho...
Of course.*sobs* I don't know if these are in pure joy...pure horror... Or just pure confusion on IT.
It was good... THERE ARE NO WORDS TO EXPLAIN! Time to... Move on...

Kira L. Lawliet
Erufuno chapter 28 . 7/16/2014
Danny.. Will he ever return to normal..? ;A;
Miss Suger Unicorn chapter 28 . 7/15/2014
1. Depends how slow the updates are, but I'd prefer long chapters.
2. I DO NOT want Sam or Valerie to die because that would crush Danny, and I don't want him to be hurt... it'll be an interesting twist if you kill Danny, and it'd save the strained relationships he'd have with his friends, but I don't think I could bear reading about him dying without, like, bawling my eyes out... In other words, please don't kill Danny or Sam or Valerie. I wouldn't mind the Guys in White dying, though.
3. This fanfic has so many twists I won't be able to predict anything. That's why I love it. And THANK YOU for updating!
NeoRetro10K chapter 28 . 7/13/2014
Wow... I just read through all 28 chapters (sorry I didn't before, I also have had college to worry about), and I have to say that is INTENSE.

In response to your Author's Note, I know I made one cover for you, but honestly, I was feeling EXCEPTIONALLY inspired that day. Plus, in this story, so MUCH has happened that I wouldn't know where to start choosing which elements to cram into a measly cover page. Sorry to disappoint...
JustKissMe chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
I'm starting to reread this story again! I've been missing Danny Phantom lately so I'm going through all my favorites :)
Pterodactyl chapter 28 . 7/12/2014
Well, just when I forget this story's existence you update. Thankfully your writing and story are jarring enough for me to remember it long term. The recap paragraph at the beginning was very helpful.

Update however you want. I would rather have breaks be sensible stopping points than have a lot of extremely short chapters that you have to read ten or so of to get anywhere. So go ahead and keep going at the pace that you are going at. I enjoy the surprise of an update that this has when it comes up.

Just please don't drag it on forever. You are coming up on a stopping point for the whole story. I'm thinking maybe five more chapters at the most. Depending on the direction that you go with it. I don't want to influence you on plot, you are doing great as it is. But do have an ending at some point. Be it tragic or happy. (this one could go either way)

RFYS!

Pterodactyl
ChigauBakemono chapter 28 . 7/11/2014
I love your story and I look forward to the upcoming chapters. You have thoroughly captured my attention and sucked me into the story. I need more! lol. I kind of like the longer chapters. it depends on how long your updates are. what would be your estimates for updates if it was shorter chapters or longer? Thanks to the great character development, I don't want anyone to die except for the CGIA. Again, your an amazing writer and I look forward to more! XD Congrats on graduating!
Guest chapter 28 . 7/11/2014
NOOOOOOO! DANNY! *sob* WHY!?
Oh god, this is getting so intense now, it's actually maddening, especially because i have NO Idea where your going with this. It's one of the few fanfics I can't predict, and i love it for that, but the suspense is killing me! Personally, i would like Dani to die. I know, I'm a bad person, but i never liked her anyways. And Valerie. She's a badass, but she rubs me the wrong way sometimes. But honestly, i don't care who dies, just write it, because it will be great no matter what (based on previous chapters, cause you haven't gone wrong yet) I would love to do a fan art for you, but unfortunately, we she the same inability to draw. i might try to convince a friend to read this and she might (doubtful, but maybe) because she pwns at drawing, but so far, it's a no. But I'm sure someone will draw something. I would prefer shorter chapters with more frequent updates, (well, technically longer chapters with more frequent updates would be preferable, but a girl can't always get what she wants huh?) because IM DYING with the aforementioned suspense/intrigue. I have no idea what is going to happen in the future (unfortunately, I'm not Clockwork) and it's got me going crazy! And happy anniversary to you! wow, 10 years is a lot longer than me! you must be like, a fan fiction veteran or expert or something.

anyways, thanks a TON for the latest update and keep writing. WE LOVE YOU!

gandalfstyle
Invader Johnny chapter 28 . 7/11/2014
I liked that Danny killed several GIW bastards, they had it coming, I was not happy however that Danny got captured yet again.

Will the GIW meet their ultimate downfall anytime soon? Please say yes!

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
reality deviant chapter 28 . 7/11/2014
good chapter. good to have this update.
965 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »