Reviews for The Morning After
GoldenGryphon chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
Great story. Love the visual imagery. Love the modern setting for the start of a log and firm friendship. (Though whether or not these two characters make it that far is up to question...)

Thank you.
Hidari chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
Ahh, okay, that's it. I'm in love with your writing. _
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 12/16/2006
Loved it! (of course I usually love everything you write so that's not a big surprise.)

Kenshin's blend of strength and restraint, his compassion and regret are a joy to read, while Sano's passion and dismayed 'oh crud, what happened last night?' reaction raises him from a buffoon (compared to Kenshin's level of skill) to a redeemable kid with a very justifiable grudge. Gotta love the way Kenshin turns Sano's preconceived ideas upside down.

Nice one-shot!
Me chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
OOHHG! Amazing! More, please! _
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
an interesting and intelligent short story. to feel the rage against the calm, quite a contrast.

ginny
Fenikkusuken chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
Excellent. Nice additions to the original, and highly enjoyable to read.
Mir chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
Nice, especially the contrast between Sano's youthful rage and Kenshin's unflappable calm. Is this a just one-shot, or might there be a part II?
anon chapter 1 . 12/10/2006
Inconsistency: In Last Honourable Man, Sano mentions that he met Kenshin six years ago. Kenshin is 29 in LHM. Which makes Kenshin, at the time of this meeting, 23, not 27.

Otherwise, lovely ficlet. (What is it with fanfic authors and putting Kenshin in decorative aprons?) Thank you, and I hope you'll be continuing the main fic soon.
Triel chapter 1 . 12/10/2006
I had such a hard time with the conflicting images of Sano in my head, but Kenshin was awesome. No less than spectacular, just as I have come to expect from you. I'm going to go read your other Kenshin fics and see if that helps change my view of Sano.
matchynishi chapter 1 . 12/9/2006
So. Much. LOVE. *_*

I adore Kenshin and Sano fics, especially when it's kidna AU-ish and Sano's meeting Battousai. It was excellently written; loved the characterizations and the dialogue.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 12/9/2006
I liked this but I thought the flowered apron was a bit too much. Also, why was Sano butt naked? Why didn't he think to ask or worry about that? Why would Kenshin take off all his clothes anyway? I feel like that needs an explanation or to be somehow addressed.

I did really like the way Kenshin reacts in both the club and the kitchen, the steel behind the gentleness. You had Sano say it better as he characterized him as a "...delicate, gentle, ruthless killer." I think you show that dichotomy well.