Reviews for Echoes and Reflections
TreesoftheWild chapter 2 . 5/7/2014
Sweet! In my favorites it goes, to sit and to rot ( as much as a digitally stored story can), forever and ever.!
HunterAtNight chapter 2 . 12/14/2013
This is brilliant! Please update, I'd be really grateful. :)
Blushing.Violet chapter 2 . 12/22/2009
This was a nice two-shot. :) Really well done. I found it humorous when Knuckles had to humble himself enough to ask the hedgehog what he saw. And then the string of unanswered questions due to memory failure-Agh! I guess there's some things we'll never know about ol' Knucklehead. p Great story.
Nicole Silverwolf chapter 2 . 4/11/2009
As I haven't been able to keep up with the myriads of Sonic verses I really appreciate that for the most part this remains in the original game verse so to speak. It always allows for a wider voice too, since the game's story didn't give you too much to go on. Your use of the Marble Zone and Lava Reef brought back all of those wonderful times I rushed around that game world. Sonic 3 and the Sonic and Knuckles games were my favorites in the series, and it's nice to be reminded of them. Knuckles feels very genuine here, lost but too proud to admit it. I really enjoyed it and thank you for sharing it with us!
Bruce Pendragon chapter 2 . 3/20/2009
Well, I'm not very familiar with the Fleetway canon (all I know is it's the source of the Jekyll/Hyde angle of Sonic and Super Sonic), but you managed not to leave any insurmountable mental gaps with a quick author's note. I'd also guess the Fleetway basis is why Sonic's not quite as cocky as he is in most Sega or SatAM stories.

There were a few editing errors, like "So who told you'd got this got this guarding the Emerald deal then?" Sonic asked logically.

There was also a sentence with a missing quotation mark: "Part of the roof had come in with the weight of it." Knuckles continued unprompted and shook his head. That seems a long time ago, but I remember it."

And a few similar errors. But aside from a need for some proof-reading, it was impressive. I have to say, between this story and "Ends and Means" you have shown quite the penchant for Knuckles-centered stories, and your protrayal of Knuckles is consistent. He always seems to remind me of Star Trek's Worf.

The biggest thing I can think of that would improve the story is a little environmental detail. You did a fair job of setting the atmosphere in the Hidden Palace, but the rest of the settings are kind of ambiguous.

Criticisms aside, I was indeed pleased with this story. Hope to see more of it soon.
Neeachi chapter 2 . 3/1/2009
My God, you're good. A part of me really- wants another chapter, but another part of me thinks that that was the best ending ever. I'm so torn now! D;

[But, no, I'm totally leaning towards another chapter. x3]
Frozen Nitrogen chapter 2 . 8/4/2008
It's not particularly easy to articulate, but I'll try anyway, to say how much better you write than lots of the other stuff you can read on the ol' fanfiction. And not the "lol Shad0w kawaii!1!" stuff; better than the other GOOD stuff. It's consistently atmospheric prose, that all blends seamlessly into the progression of the story. On the internal monologues AND external dialogues; everything, it's all done with care and polished to a shiny finish.

What would be the best-written part of most other fics is simply the FOUNDATIONS on which the story builds.

So kudos on that. :)

Favourite part: the line "I came to myself in that room." Not just 'I came to'; that little sentence is a brilliantly concise exposition on the fact that Knuckles was essentially BORN there. Much succinctness.

Mention must also be made of Sonic's peering at the Doomsday Zone mural. Especially after I drew some (good natured) flak from folks who didn't instantly remember how Angel Island Zone got burned to the ground, it's heartening to see that some people DO recall the obscure facts from back in the day. ;)

There's nothing in here I can complain about. Sorry. Much as the 'submit review' button demands rounded critique, I'm just a man, and can't find fault where there is none!
greenalchemistgmail.com chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
Very well written. I love stories that touch on how dedicated Knuckles is to the Master Emerald in a realistic way. A great pleasure to read.
Yuga Mizuno chapter 2 . 4/16/2008
Amazing. I never thought about the Emerald being a seeing-stone, of sorts. That was a really good idea. _ You did a brilliant job on this story!
Yuga Mizuno chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
Hey! I saw that you added me to your alerts list, so I decided to visit your profile! And man, am I glad that I did! This story is really good so far, and I fully intend to read the rest of it! good job!
That's it chapter 2 . 12/8/2007
I LOVE this it is absofuckinglutely wonderful.

xP

It seems as if it ended to soon though, I really don't know.

But-

It's perfect how it ended up.

Thank-you, so much, for writing this.

Orin chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
:squeegasms at you: Do you know how hard it is to find a Fleetway Sonic fic? And how bloody impossible it is to find a Fleetway fic and for some reason focuses on Sonic andor Knuckles? For that, I squeegasm at you. Loudly. :does so:

Because this was gorgeous. . ;; The character interaction was gorgeous! The way you have Sonic and Knuckles down- and even Amy and Tails (for some reason I especially loved Tails in his bit at the beginning and I don’t even LIKE Fleetway’s Tails much.)

Sonic’s snarking was on the ball, all the time, and his internal thoughts were so possible- hell, probable- too. His thoughts on Knuckles are pretty much exactly as I see him thinking and I was like ‘dude!’ to that. Because no one has ever really written them like this in Fleetway y’know? With genuine interaction going on. I try to but… damn, I was really looking for something like this fic you’ve written. For a long time too.

The bit with the emerald (I know I’m jumping all over the place) was just perfect. And such a great idea to pave the way for Sonic to have the thought that hey, maybe Knuckles has his reason for being so damn uptight. And you have him drying food for storing( which makes even more sense after Sonic has that emerald-encounter because it shows how effected Knuckles IS by things in his past… er that he does remember.) and doing things that would make sense and I always thought that too and I just love you for that. D

I especially love that you gave Knuckles all the little subtleties he should have. The tight expressions, the unwillingness to show undue emotion, and even the formality! (cure more squeegasms ; ) I seriously grinned though most of this fic. ;0;! I think it’s just gorgeous!

I do so wish there were more of this fic. ;;

Going to add this to my favs. And pimp it madly on my LJ because it deserves pimpage for all the lovely little subtleties you have in there and for all the gorgeous (rare!) interaction. . (and now I must flee to see if you have more fics!)

Rawr~
thepennameboo chapter 2 . 1/9/2007
this fic is so gd. plz update soon
Taranea chapter 2 . 12/17/2006
oh, nice! :)

you really portray their two personalities nicely, are you going to continue? Theres not a plot *as such* I suppose (like, them going on an adventure or something) so you could probably end it anywhere you liked, but...is it really finished after two chapters? kind of sad to leave it like that...but great nonetheless
Forgotten Muse chapter 1 . 12/15/2006
Wonderful characterisation as usual. It's the sarcastic, stubborn little Sonic we all know and love- well, the Fleetway fans amongst us anyway. (adds story to favourites)