Reviews for The Adventures of Harry Black, Year One
I really like your story. I just wanted to point out that Harry want fine with Sirius' death, though maybe the movies made him seem more fine with it. He wasn't in the books. He was devastated, he loves Sirius. Harry was really torn up over Cedric because one; he was the first death he really witnessed and remembered (his parents are like a dream, if even really that). And two; the guilt he felt because right before Cedric's death and all year he had less than friendly thoughts towards Cedric half of the time because of his crush on Cho. Though he felt guilty over Sirius as well. Just felt like adding this since you asked the question at the end of the last chapter. Again, love your story, I've reread it so many times.
vmcclure2 chapter 9 . 1/31
Cedric was only 3years older than Harry, whereas Sirius, while he was the closest Harry had to a real father, he was an old man when compared to Cedric; therefore, Sirius was closer to Death's grasp. Still doesn't make it any easier. Also, Harry did experience the first stage of grief: anger, which he released on Dumbledore's office .

Good work with this chapter! :D
vmcclure2 chapter 6 . 1/31
Another difference between movie and book: Madam Rowling described the entrance to the moving stairs up to the Headmaster's office as guarded by a gargoyle, or two, that jump to each side after the password. The movie people had the spread winged eagle or Phoenix.

And u r right it is odd that as many complaints as were filed with the other three Heads of House by their students about Snape, nothing was done about it beyond Dumbledore. Then again, he treats all his staff like they're still his students...

Good chapter!
vmcclure2 chapter 5 . 1/30
Just as well that Ron isn't part of their clique; for in the 1st year book, it was Fred & George who helped Harry get his trunk onboard, and they were the ones who came back with young Ronald and introduced him to Harry. Not like the movie anyway.
vmcclure2 chapter 1 . 1/30
Could you have Sirius get with the goblins and together they empty Peter's vault of everything except "thirty pieces of silver" since that would mark Peter as a traitor just like another one?

Although between u and me Judas Iscariot was better than Peter, because at least Judas killed himself afterward for real, unlike Peter "Ratfink" Pettigrew who continued to muck up the lives of the loved ones of the Potters in one or another without any penalty.

I really would like your Sirius to work with the Goblins and seize Peter's vault, take everything out, leaving only thirty pieces of silver, and give it back with the Goblins writing a summons to Peter.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/16/2017
Nice so far but there are no £100 notes in the British currency.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/14/2017
thank you and the lord hes not friends with ron
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 9/19/2017
"... someone or somethin's been injurin' unicorns in the fores', and we're gonna go 'vestigate." This has to be the most irresponsible detention ever assigned - sending four children who know very little magic into the Forbidden Forest to find something that is capable of killing unicorns. The supervising adult has no wand and is not supposed to do magic anyway, as he is not trained.

What is interesting about this "detention" is the inclusion of Harry and Michael, who don't even HAVE detention. Where is McGonagall's common sense? Is her head THAT FAR up Dumbledore's - well, you know - that she doesn't see anything wrong with deliberately sending Harry into danger? What an idiot. If I were Sirius, I would take these two to America, while they're still in one piece.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 9/19/2017
I don't think screaming at Dumbledore (and, yes, he completely deserved it) and destroying his office counts as Harry seeming to be "relatively fine" about Sirius. And, yes, I do think that outburst was related to Sirius's death far more than anything else Dumbledore had thrown at him during that "session." In addition to himself, I think Harry blames both Snape and Dumbledore - but mostly Dumbledore - for Sirius's death. I know I do.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 9/19/2017
"TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON! TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!"

I have yet to understand why, upon hearing this warning, the brilliant Dumbledore promptly sends the entire great hall full of students out into the halls to return to their common rooms, led only by their prefects ... who, I am fairly sure, are NOT capable of subduing a troll. Oh, yeah ... I forgot to mention that both Slytherin and Hufflepuff dorms are IN THE DUNGEONS! Since neither Snape nor Sprout spoke up to mention the stupidity of this direction, I can only assume they are about as foolish as Dumbledore. Idiots!
Primus2021 chapter 11 . 7/16/2017
I think he stole it from either Godric's Hollow or The Potter Vault.
Primus2021 chapter 8 . 7/16/2017
A 2nd Review for Chap 10.

I was always of the opinion that 'Muggle' parents don't get the option to do A.B. or C. as Albus Dumbledore in his role as 'Headmaster' becomes the Default Magical Guardian of ALL Muggleborns at Hogwarts, and thus he can supersede any decision made by 'Muggle' parents even if it means obliviating them of even knowing they had a magical child.

Also if the parents threaten to do any of those 3 thing, then Dumbledore either obliviates them and/or obliviates and binds the magic of the child too.

Also a 2nd review for chap 9.

When Cedric Died there was a Body and he reacted with sadness, with Sirius there was no body and he reacted in rage.

I also believe that Ginny and Molly began feeding him Love Potion around this time keyed to Ginny which explains the Out Of No-Where romantic feelings for a woman that he barely knew who also not only Looked-Like-His-Mother, but was quite frankly The-Boy-Who-Lived-Number-One-Fan-Girl, creepy as all hell if ya ask me, but ya, the Rage in Dumbles' office, not having a body thus hoping Sirius was still alive plus the Love potion theory screwed Harry up bad on that topic.

I also think that Molly and Ron fed Hermione love potion keyed to Ron for a few reasons, I won't get into right now, I could rant on that for quite a while.
Primus2021 chapter 6 . 7/16/2017
By this point in time Snape would have only been teaching for a Maximum of 11 years and a minimum of 7 years, although with the inclusion of Harry's years at HSoWaW 711 would 20 years of teaching.

However I think I remember hearing something along the lines that Snape only started teaching AFTER the Potters died so in September of 1982, as it would be 1991 'now', that means that he's been teaching at Hogwarts for 9 years.

Also I heard that ever since Snape became Head of House, Slytherin House has had a 7 year long Quidditch and House Cup winning streak that was only ended when Harry started his schooling.
Primus2021 chapter 3 . 7/16/2017
I had a thought ... ...

Its brother gave you that scar. You might also be surprised to know that that the Holly wood for both your wand and Mr. Black's wand both came from the same tree, the same branch in fact.
Guest chapter 2 . 11/20/2016
Hard to fully suspend belief that this is set on the UK, when you add stuff that doesn't exist like £100 pound notes. You either need to check your facts, or get a beta,with some UK knowledge.