Reviews for Cold, dark night
Guest chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
That's a really nice and sweet story. Thanks for posting. Just curious, what are those "making of vids" that you are talking about it the summery?
nautika chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
Nina, I didnt know you liked SeaQuest. I liked both captains, even! This story is so poignant, especially with the ultimate death of the actor who portrayed Lucas. Thanks for sharing!
Questfan chapter 1 . 1/11/2007
This was really lovely - so sad and kind of bittersweet too. I haven't seen the videos you mentioned but I'll have to look them up. The moonpool description was very cool. I remember playing with the glasses when we washed up as kids. Don't have time to play anymore so thanks for the memory. Looking forward to more of your writing.
Lynnp chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
What a lovely fic. I could really *see* this. Thanks so much. I see that you've written SeaQuest fics before, any chance of putting them on here? Hope so.

Love,

Lynn

x
Kiddo chapter 1 . 12/17/2006
hi peppy,

i already told you how much i love your story and wrote something about a few parts.

i love the way you wrote about lucas feelings and everything else, but my favourite part is still the beginning about the moon pool and the water glass. i love this so much because nobody else used this before.

i'm looking forward to reading more of your writing.

greetings kiddo
Teresa chapter 1 . 12/15/2006
Great work! Really great. You had me all the way through. Aw, I go weak at the knees and that scene, and to watch the two actors making it, my stomach flutters and I just can't stop looking at how beautiful he is.

I love how you've done his thoughts. All the way through he looks so sad! I love his beautiful smile at the end, but I thought he so desperately needed a HUG.

I think I agree with your reflection entirely. The two parts I especially love are his thoughts when he asks the Captain if he thinks that part of the ocean will never thrive again (of course! He'd already know...), and the part where Bridger chuckles, "Well, it's hardly a fleet (you cutie!)" LOL

I could go on and on. Argh, thank you so much. I loved it. Will read more from you. Good work :P
CoryF chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
I guess it's not easy writing first person fanfics, peppy, but you did okay. Oh, and, btw, love the moon pool explanation...just tested it *puts glass back in cupboard*
Chris chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
I'm just a frequent reader, but this story got me curios. Yeah, I love Lucas "all good soldiers do" attitude, but I have to agree with my fomer reviewer Yury. He'll be over it by the rest of the season three.

Well written, nice emotions, fits the character. What more do you want? When's the next story up, Peppypower?
YuryJulian chapter 1 . 12/10/2006
good evening peppy!

thanks for your e-mail with the note about your fanfic. the summary sounded so interesting that I have to read it immediatly.

I never saw Lucas as a soldier and I think Lucas himself either. it's only a short period of time while he fells like, whoa, I'm now an ensign and a soldier and have rights and power over others but he will calm down by the time he is used to his position. I'm really sure he will. ;)

*sigh* the last words of bridger are so beautiful! *sigh again* nice ending.

bye yury

p.s. only registered users are allowed to review?