Reviews for The Promise
Dayreader chapter 15 . 11/10/2014
question: where the hell is Bobby?
1Angel Of Darkness chapter 15 . 4/9/2014
I love happy endings :)
1Angel Of Darkness chapter 12 . 4/9/2014
Son of a Bitch! Everything was going so well! John is such an ass!
1Angel Of Darkness chapter 4 . 4/9/2014
Did he just get... Dean why didn't you grab a weapon ! Ugh somebody needs to do something!
1Angel Of Darkness chapter 3 . 4/9/2014
Omg Lloyd and John are such assholes! I know they hunt so they must have some type of pole iron in that house. I would get it knock Lloyd out with it and drag him out the door. Then lock him out and when John comes back he would be staying outside too. Friggin' physociopaths !
Yorushike chapter 13 . 2/4/2013
Hi,
There are a few parts where the story as well as the characters feel really alive, but there are a feew parts too, where this is not the case. You have a tendency to rush the story a bit. You say what happens, but you don't tell a story: Over the next few days they started to trust Melissa, for example. You have two abused boys they don't just suddenly trust her, there is a story behind that. Also writing that they are terrified, is probably correct, but the reader doesn't feel the terror, only recognices the fact. For your charaters to be alive the reader needs to feel what the boys are feeling.
Another spot:
Dean waited for Sam after school and they made their way to Melissa's Range Rover.

"Hey boys, you have a good day?" Melissa asked. this goes on with them driving to the house. I realise, that you were probably trying to simply start the important part of the chapter, but it feels dead. There is nthing there but some facts. I would either start with them pulling up to the house, or give the beginning at the school some topic. But don't just put it there. Let your characters think, see, interact, etc. Don't just use stoic standart sentences and than leave the scene.
I understand that this is probably a bit difficult to read, since I am sure you put a lot of work in this story, but maybe try reading it yourself again and try to add all of the images, the feelings you have. This is extremely difficult to do, but with some practise I am sure you will manage just fine.
Greetings Yorushike
iamnotfabulous chapter 15 . 7/29/2012
I know it's a few years late but this fic was awesome! I was almost crying when you wrote them almost being split up when the CPS people went to the hospital. One of the best Sam/Dean fics I've read.
Power Of Funk chapter 15 . 11/25/2009
Dude that was really godd :) and it was great at the end when ecerything had worked out for them, which i guess they deserved after the rest of the story :)
shagalecki chapter 15 . 10/16/2008
Oh my god! I fecking loved it! That was amazing!

I loved peer pressure as well, Sammy screwing with drugs and protective dean are always great stories..Wow tht rocked! Good work my friend XD
sammygirl1963 chapter 15 . 5/1/2007
Holy crap! This story was just awesome-a look into what Sam and Dean's life could have been like if John had chosen to take a different path and turn into the monster portrayed in this story!

Dean was awesome as he tried to protect Sam from being hurt even tho he couldn't. He took more beating himself trying to save his little brother!

I think John redeemed himself in the end tho by calling the police to let them know where the boys were so that Melissa and her husband could get them back.

In his own way, he was making sure his boys weren't subjected to something much worse than the torture he put them through.
Malle Winchester chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
OMG… Lloys seem like Albert Fish, that sick mother fucker… and the scene when they are frozen in the car just was, omg, like Titanic at the end… Really, all the fic was awsome and I cried in many parts… I love this kind of stories, you know, drama and all those things involves, an this one takes the price :)… Keep Writing!
supernaturalmars chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
So normally i don't really give a review if i don't like a story... but i really felt the need to speak up on this one.

This was pure, uncut, unadulterated garbage. If anyone who reads this finds it to be quality fanfiction they should have their head examined. Clean up the grammar and maybe do a little maturing and then maybe you writing won't be at the same calibur as a 6 year old's.

Sorry... i just needed to say that.
funkyspunk chapter 15 . 4/10/2007
omygod this is a RLY good fic! i so really fricken LOVED it, I felt the need to send you a review or else you wouldn't know how big a success this story is! under favorites straight away!

im on to read your other fics!

funky.
The Silent Rumble chapter 15 . 3/26/2007
Well written. Well-done. 110% effort here.
Anna Wolfe chapter 15 . 3/17/2007
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I really liked this story. Heartbreaking but it ended happily. Wonderful job! Until next time.