Reviews for Revenge Isn't Always Sweet
sbishoff chapter 7 . 12/20/2007
I read this a while back, and loved it then. It was very suspenseful, and a great story. Thanks for sharing.
JeanneZ84 chapter 7 . 6/1/2007
This story was read before a while back.

All these guys Milt and Mark go after are Bad guys thats for sure,but the one in this story was extremely dangerous and very sick minded.

He was defianantly not in a right frame of a human beings mind.

Anyone who would fix up a video of people to make each other think there friend was in very bad Man made a video for Milt and Mark each to see of the other.

This story had lots of Drama.

It was well written.

JeanneZ84
firefly123 chapter 7 . 12/11/2006
This was a terrific adventure!Lots of drama and great dialog.

Wish I could write like that! Anyway, the story was always interesting, and I wanted it to continue on and on.

Thanks...

Ann
L.M.Lewis chapter 6 . 12/10/2006
From anguish over his supposed failure, to 'I don’t suppose you’d like to make some sort of deal, would you?', to combat mode, all in six lines-that's why Hardcastle pays him the big bucks. ;-) Wonderful characterization.

And though both guys think they've failed the other, in fact you have both of them coming through on the most important points. Mark couldn't betray the judge's principles, even to save his life, and Hardcastle broke the letter of the law-hiding evidence-to cover for McC.

A very nice twist.
L.M.Lewis chapter 5 . 12/10/2006
Interesting, too, how you have McC just inherently take things more on faith than H does.
L.M.Lewis chapter 4 . 12/10/2006
Nice piece of foreshadowing you did for this part back in Chapter 2 (the bit that went 'I won’t help you ever again, Judge, trust me . . .'). Easier said than done for McC.
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 12/10/2006
"Besides, I didn’t think you’d believe me if I said we were going to do something for the cops that didn’t involve you in some sort of danger."

Gosh, I can't imagine why. ;-)

And chapter one was a good jump off-straight into the midst of a set-up that look pretty fraught.

I like the bit about just what it is that bothers the hell out of Hardcastle-there's a guy who sees past the superficialities.
owlcroft chapter 7 . 12/10/2006
There are some really great lines in this story - "hate to shoot and run" and the whole dialogue where McCormick gets defensive after the scene in the emergency room. But probably my favorite bit is right at the end with the popcorn and how Mark tries to get the judge cut down on his salt, but then gives in. Lovely little touch as a flourish at the end of an emotion-filled adventure.
owlcroft chapter 5 . 12/10/2006
Very suspenseful, quickly paced, super-dramatic. I loved the throw-in about Frank being a pool shark.

Where's the rest?