Reviews for Marines in Middle Earth
Spartan-A312 chapter 6 . 12/2/2014
Oh... GOD! Verry...Verry sadening...
Heatblizzard chapter 3 . 9/4/2013
Well at least they are not fighting the USS Bismarck.
Heatblizzard chapter 2 . 9/4/2013
Thanks for providing a background chappie or I'd be wondering "What The Fuck Is That?" about the entire story!
Hammerchuckery chapter 6 . 4/29/2011
Woo! A bit too cliche in those final stands, but it fit well enough. Oh, thanks for the cliffhanger. I've enjoyed the quick read.
divad relffehs chapter 4 . 9/16/2010
Is the jerk elf Elrond? if so I think you are grossly mischaracterizing him. Also, these guys should be picking up swords or better yet would be spears knowing that they are going to run out of ammo.
unknown chapter 6 . 7/1/2010
This was a very good story. I am hoping that you will continue it soon since you hardly ever find that many WW2/LOTR stories that are really good. And I want to see how the elves react to him and his soldiers bravery. How did the elves find them? Did they hear the Marines chanting? I also hope you bring in some more Marines because he needs the help. And I want to see the change that will come from the Marines fighting along side the elves. Oh, how will the elves react to Humans fighting with them. How the Human armies of The Last Alliance will react. But over all this is a very good story. So please continue it.
SGT.CJC chapter 2 . 4/17/2010
Well I know where the Title for the Chapter came from. Yep, that explains it nicely. Mph hmph that really does pretty much encompass the whole chapter.

WHAAT THE F... IS THAT!
SGT.CJC chapter 3 . 4/17/2010
Bloody Elves! why do they always loo down on us humans. I mean I know that they're higher beings and all but enough is enough.

Keep it going.

SGT.CJC chapter 4 . 4/17/2010
Ooh suspence I would leave a longer review but want to keep reading.

Basically, Well done
SGT.CJC chapter 5 . 4/17/2010
Oh dear god this is going to get nasty isn't it. there are some spelling mistakes but they are hardly worth mentioning. This is excelent keep writing your other stories.

Your great ;)

SGT.CJC chapter 6 . 4/17/2010
Wow! that was some good writing. I was completely done in by this, you were right this isn't a happy story, not at all. I must admit I wasn't as attached to the characters as I have been in the past but I still felt that horrible pang for the guy 'Jacobs' as his squad was butchered. Especially Daniels and 'Little Jimmy'.

Well done, it seems your writing talent is universal throughout your stories. Bravo, Bravo

I appologise but I don't have a sign off for Lord of the Rings.

SGT.CJC chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Wow that was a good beggining I shall read on.

Sorry for spelling mistakes but the key board I'm using is rubbish.
IloveOrlando08 chapter 6 . 8/23/2008
And the elves arrive fashionably late...

But on a serious note, it was a very good, if very graphic, chapter. The vivid imagery and descriptions only enhance the readers perceptions and emotions at reading the chapter.

I'm hoping that this means that all the killed Marines are back home now (the one thought that makes their deaths not as terrible).

I really have to add that your writing is excellent... the actual mechanics and structure of your writing, I mean. It really jumped out at me while reading this chapter.

Very good work, and I'm interested to see what happens next.
dreamingfifi chapter 5 . 8/20/2008
This is a great twist on the normal bamf plot line. I have a forum devoted to stories like these. You'll find a link to it in my bio.

I'm your friendly neighborhood linguist, by the way. In the first chapter I noticed that you were using some Grelvish. Grelvish is a language invented for a Role-Playing game. It has nothing to do with Tolkien's languages, other than they vaguely based it off Quenya. Because of that, it's often mistaken for Tolkien's languages.

In this time and place, you'll want Sindarin. realelvish sindarinphrasebook.p h p (delete the spaces)

Also, how are they able to speak Ad√Ľnaic?

Galu a teithad vain!

dreamingfifi
IloveOrlando08 chapter 5 . 8/20/2008
Very good chapter. I also wanted to say that I really liked the author's note at the start of this chapter.

While I'm wondering what'll happen as far as the elves offering their assistance, I'm also curious about how the Marines get home. My only guess is that death is their portal. But who knows (except you, of course).

Great work, as usual, and update soon!