Reviews for Birds of a Feather
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Although I have read several fics where the Rob/Rae pairing was made to work (and work WELL a few times), on the whole I have to agree with your summation of the issue. They really are too much alike to be successful, barring extraordinary circumstances. Starfire is a much better match for Robin (and canon, besides). Raven ... well, her relationship with Gar is also canon, although the comic version of Raven is quite different from the cartoon one. But of the other Team members, the only one I'd be less likely to pair her with is Cyborg. (Yeah, she seems like she'd swing either way to me. Just sayin'.) So I have no quibbles with this story.
Harmonious Wolf chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
I'm a BBRae shipper too, and almost passed over this fic, till i saw the sum. said not for Robrae shippers. I thought to myself 'Self, you should read this, just to see what it's about.'

I'm glad i did. I like how you always brought up how BB's been in her mind, BB saved her (as the Beast no less) long before Robin retrieved her from Hell, and Raven hugged Beast Boy first. Then, you pointed out the fact that both of them have been heartbroken by someone they thought they could trust, and have a hidden dark side. BBRae FTW! I have nothing against Robrae shippers, to each his/her own. If you didn't catch it the first time, Loved it! ...Wow, sorry rambling again. Har
Stumblefoot chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Aside from Robin calling Starfire stupid (which seemed more OOC than necessary) I really liked this. You nicely articulated why the two of them together is just a Bad Idea. Good writing too, though it's always amusing to read "sweat-dropped." Stumblefoot
Lunarangel's Dark Flame chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
It was a really good story. Nice plot, well-written and it tackled the RobRae thing in a logical manner. I loved it. Good job.
TeentitanFan chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
THANK YOU SO MUCH! You have just "summed-up" all the reasons Robin and Raven shouldn't be together in one story! I don't like bashing them either...everyone to their own opinion, but still, they(RobxRae shippers) like to shove into everyones face that him and Raven are perfect for each other, because they're so similar, and it gets really agravating!

BB and Rae FOREVER! (And if heaven permits, even after!)
xXNevermoreAgainXx chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
YES! THANK YOU!

Dude, every RobxRae shipper needs to read this! You're noit being mean about it, but you're still proving the point! You hit the nail on the head. You explained that just cause of all that stuff, it doesn't make them into each other!

And I agree. That 'love bird' stuff makes me so angry! That doesn't mean that they're gonna get together cause of their names being birds!

BBxRae all the way!

Haha great story. Loved it.

Write on!

Storm
pisceanchic101 chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Nice story. And it did have its funny moments too. As a RobxRae fan, this was very different from what I normally read, but I'm okay with that. And I totally agree with everything you said. I don't like it when people try to make Star or BB seem stupid. It's OOC.
Alice chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Hohoho, amei a fic!
Tari Silmarwen chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
*snicker*

Ah Raven... fanwriters abuse your character so much...

Nicely done. Raven being the sensible one felt quite in-character and actually made a lot of sense. And, well, I've never liked Rob/Rae so I do get a certain humor from fics poking fun of it.

Something that always irritated me about the ship is the justification that both characters are "dark". Yeah. Of course, if you actually WATCHED the series you'd realize that their inner "darkness" is neither healthy nor beneficial for either of them so it really ISN'T a good quality for them to have in a romantic relationship.

And it squicks me when they cite The End Part Three as "evidence". Um... Raven is kind of like eight years old for most of that, you really don't see anything WRONG there?

Nicely written.
Loy chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
I agree with Raven a 100 percent in this story. Let me tell you that I absolutely LOATH RaeRob stories. It's just not right for me. What really ticks me off is how people keep on believing that the two of them are "the best couple ever!"... Blech.

Robin is with Starfire for crying out loud! They are a couple in the comics AND in the animation show AND KISSED each othe for crying out loud! If you go on Youtube, there are some videos where the scene of Robin kissing Starfire in the movie 'Trouble in Tokyo' got edited and made that he is kissing Raven instead. SERIOUSLY! Nearly threw up when I saw it.

I am HAPPY when I read this story. I was practically nodding to everything that Raven said and kept rolling my eyes to Robin's resons.

Another thing that ticks me off is that when comes to RaeRob stories is how some people write about Starfire. They either made her extremely stupid and/or jealous to the point of hating Raven.. made her turn into a criminal, killed her off or making her fall in love with another titan without any reason AT ALL besides getting her out of the way when it comes to Robin. It's true. I read those stories. If not, they will make either Robin or Raven (or both) completely OOC.

Let me point out a few things from the show.. In the episode Nevermore, instead of checking up on Raven, Robin pushes he situation aside, even stopping Starfire from going to see her.

In episode 'Apprentice', Robin did NOT hesitate to attacking Raven, only to Starfire. Robin is ALWAYS screaming out Starfire's name when she gets hurt AND got extremely jealous when Starfire is getting 'married'. Try to explain them!

Oops, review is too long. Sorry. Just wanted to get some things off my chest about this pairing as well. Thank you for listening to my rants.

BTW, this is a GREAT story!
Brightstar's Promise chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
this is the kind of story I have been waiting for, very good, and, OMG, I can't believe Roblin called Starfire stupid! Not nice on his part
Mendeia chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Can I just say...YES! Thank you for this.

I like the TT fandom a lot, but I really don't understand why some people insist on going against all evidence to the contrary to stick Robin and Raven in a relationship. What, just because they're both moody birdies they are soulmates? Sigh.

Nicely done. Thanks!
Peace Like a River chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Ha! Call me weird for reviewing an older fic, but this is brilliant! And yeah, it was painfully obvious that Robin was out of character, but that approach worked perfectly for this story, and it was also the funniest thing I've read all week. :-) I loved Raven's calm, reasonable replies to all of those pathetic arguments. 'Both of us are named after birds...' Yeah, that one always made me gag, too. :-) This story is definitely going in my favorites.

-PLR
Skitly-Tab chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
I dont like that ship either so it made me giggle, lol, i can stand it if its written tastefully though but thats really rare.

Anyway, awsome story!
bbissocute chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
I really liked this, and totally agree. I don't understand why people write to bash. I also agree with the paring, I love BB/RAE more than the other's, but you know, the first fan fic I read was a ROB/RAE BB/TERRA, and now, I hate both. Time can change people's views, plus, if the story line is good, why not read it? I've faved slashes before because the story line is so well done, I cant resist doing so. Excellent job with the entire thing. I loved it. A total fav.

bbissocute