Reviews for First Truths
Cluckster chapter 2 . 12/3/2017
This will forever be one of my favorite stories.
UglyGreenJacket chapter 14 . 11/24/2017
This is one of the first stories I can vividly remember reading in this fandom, and even today, nearly 20 some years later, it still resonates with me as an all time favorite.

Your depiction of Usagi and Mamoru is perfection, and it tugs at my heart strings like none other. It makes perfect sense for Mamoru to cling to this vision he has of the princess instead of what's real and standing before him. And it makes just as much sense that Usagi would be the one who would get him to see the light.

Plus, all the hijinks of the senshi make this fic all the more amazing.

Thank you for writing this gem, and know that it's still appreciated all these years later 33333
RogueAlly chapter 14 . 10/31/2017
Just found this and read it in one go. I love the whole thing, but the last two chapters—the Senshi had me dying of laughter. Completely in tears, and my mouth hurts from stretching this much. Good job!
NikkiBC chapter 14 . 10/25/2017
Oh my goodness ... love it so much!

One of my faves!

xoxo
N
NikkiBC chapter 12 . 10/24/2017
The end of chapter 12 is evil! So heartbreaking ... I ugly cried!
NikkiBC chapter 3 . 10/24/2017
I'm just reading this for the first time... and I really want to see/read these "ode's"! Lol
afionna262 chapter 1 . 8/10/2017
I love this
Deadly Aura chapter 14 . 5/29/2017
Well written and an absolute delight to read!
tanithlipsky chapter 14 . 3/10/2017
cool
midnightsnapdragon chapter 14 . 11/21/2016
The ending cracked me up. :D
midnightsnapdragon chapter 4 . 11/21/2016
Part 1, the after-punch: I love how Usagi's moral side wins out and, in an almost batty move, she just sticks her chin out and is like, "Go for it." Bahaah, I love her - that is, your interpretation of her. At some point I remember thinking that you make her pretty relatable, somehow. And I love how their banter becomes almost friendly, though still full of challenges for each other.

Part 2, the fight: I love that you acknowledge the somewhat sillier traditions of Sailor Moon - calling the idea of killing the youma right away with no speech a 'novel concept' and all that, xD - and also the teamwork between the Senshi. It cannot be overemphasized! But mostly, I wanted to laugh like crazy when Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon were having A Moment and the audience gasped gleefully when they kissed, and when they finally broke apart, broke into wild cheering. THEY SHIP IT like anime fans ;) :) ;)

And, finally ... Sailor Moon now has a sneaking suspicion about the secret identity of Tuxedo Mask. *hehe* I LIVE for these moments. Cannot wait to read on.
midnightsnapdragon chapter 3 . 11/21/2016
GOOOOO USAGI! WHOOOOO!
I really like this scene. How in mutual stubbornness they refuse to leave and refuse to move from the accidental position of "one mortal enemy has her head on other mortal enemy's lap. no biggie". And Usagi getting enthusiastic about his crush - 'sooooo, do I know her?' oh man, don't you just love dramatic irony? Because I do!
Can't wait to read on :)
midnightsnapdragon chapter 2 . 11/20/2016
I like that you acknowledge the absurdity of Tuxedo Mask's costume and rose-throwing ability, and that Mamoru and Usagi both have the same fears - that if the other's superhero identity knew who they really were, they'd be disappointed. It's very sweet. Imma keep reading!
midnightsnapdragon chapter 1 . 11/20/2016
I LOVE THIS! Usagi's interactions with Mamoru ("that day will be the day you ace a math exam" - nice one, Chiba!) are great, and their internal monologues after the encounter are PERFECTION. They both have legit reasons for disliking each other, they both have their own troubles and presumptions of the other's "perfect" life. I really like your characterisation of them both.
And I just ... love everything about this!
P.S.
"If you can show me the difference between your head and a trash can, I might stop treating it like one"? OOOOH, BURN! I can hear the crowd going "ohhHHHHHHH!"
Anne O Nemous chapter 14 . 11/13/2016
I loved your story! It was apparently published 10 years ago, but I've only read it now and it was great! I wished the ending could have dragged a bit longer, but otherwise, I adored your story.