Reviews for A Facination with Ice
Sordinmyhart chapter 2 . 8/13/2008
Very very well written

i am really enjoying this story, you have both an intriguing plot and a good writing style and sense of setting

i look forward to reading more
Amaunet3177 chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
Love the story! I always thought that Cal got a bum rap. Please write more!
EvilGoat chapter 2 . 4/12/2007
This is great! I am quite intrigued by it. I would love to know how the story pans out, and how Cal proposes to Rose.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write more! :)

You are an amazing writer...You're officially on my favourite author list! :D

KEEP GOING!
McPhantom chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Please update!
Rory4 chapter 2 . 12/17/2006
Haha, I really loved this. You described Cal quite well, and made him human. And when you described his temper, you didn't make it seem as if his temper was all he was as a person, like the movie sort of did, and like most fics do. And you even gave him a sense of humor, which is completely believable...and funny! Great job. Hope you plan to update soon!
Rory4 chapter 1 . 12/17/2006
I like this take on the Cal/Rose relationship. I believe that in his own way, Cal did love Rose as much as he was capable of. And this ficlet depicted that fact perfectly.
Tipperose chapter 2 . 12/17/2006
This is absolutely incredible... this is one of the best Cal/Rose offerings I've ever read on this site... ever. I am so sorry that I let this set here for however long it's been here and not read it, I certainly have missed out on a perfectly wonderful story.

If you've read anything of mine at all on here, you know that I have a fascination with Cal (Billy Zane is just yummy, lol) and I write about him in just about every story I do. Sometimes I humanize him, sometimes I villify him and sometimes he lands in between, whatever the story dictates for him. Regardless, I can't seem to stay away from him no matter what I write. So, when this caught my eye I decided to give it a chance and I'm very glad I did. I was mesmerized from the first line and was disappointed to see it's only two chapters in. At any rate, on with my review.

First, I LOVE that it's from Cal's POV mostly. You have captured him in a most engaging way, the way I always have seen him. When he first see's Rose, you can tell his world is about to change. He's absolutely enchanted with her in spite of the 'ice' warnings, which is probably the reason he's so enchanted. I have always seen Cal as the type of man who wants what he thinks he can't have, and Rose was that thing. Her reputation as unattainable intrigues him from the first and when he finally dances with her, that just seals the deal for him. No one has even gotten close to having a chance with her and because of that, he must have her for himself. It's Caledon Hockley to perfection.

The second chapter was great because I love the interaction between him and Nigel and his declaration that he is going to marry Rose, much to Nigel's shock, lol. Maybe Cal didn't even know he was thinking any such thing until he actually spoke the words and then when he did, he knew that's what his intentions were for himself. He wants Rose and that much is evident.

I will be anxiously waiting for you to update this story. I just have to say here that beyond a few writers on here and they know who they are, you're style is refreshing. It's obvious you are no novice to writing and it shows. You have my curiousity piqued. 'A Fascination with Ice' is definitely going to be on my list of alerts. You have me hooked and now I have to wait, lol. Hope to see an update soon.

Tipper
McPhantom chapter 2 . 12/16/2006
Oh my gosh, i love this story, update soon. But Cal went to harvard, not oxford.
Kagome2004 chapter 2 . 12/14/2006
Excellent writing. I am very impressed with your style and transitions. Very nicely done.
JustplainLilly chapter 2 . 12/14/2006
Oh Cal! He does hold a place in my heart and let me tell you, it just grew! Few stories on here show Cal in such an endearing light and I'm so glad that you have.

Nigel is truly something else. He definitely adds a certain something to the story and its nice for Cal to have a friend around (something I don't believe I've seen before)

More, I beg you! More!
JustplainLilly chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
Oh WOW! This was a great idea, and a truly remarkable first chapter! Your writing style is excellent, the flow is perfect and the your ability to capture the Rose and Cal we all know and love is making me VERY jealous!

I wish you LOTS of reviews with this one, you really do deserve it ;)
Simply Laura chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
Good start. I hope you do more and if you get a chance, I'd love it if you'd read and review my story!
Bohemian Anne chapter 1 . 12/10/2006
This is very, very good. You show both Rose and Cal in a very human light. I hope you continue this.