Reviews for A Visit to Losthope
Morrolan chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Nice blend of the two worlds. I like it.
AmethystBlue chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Brilliant story! I've always thought there was a remarkable resemblance between the thistledown-haired gentleman and Jareth, and it makes perfect sense for them to be related, somehow...

Anyways, excellent characterisation and description- I especially like the little tidbit about whimsical Fae and detached immortality. It would be great if you expanded this story, but it's perfectly alright as a stand-alone piece.

Again, wonderful job done!
ReaderinthePNW chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
Oh, excellent! I loved this, it was very well done!
Elisabeth Hill chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
I love you.

About all I could think about for the second half of Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norrell was: "The gentleman with the thistle-down hair doesn't have a name! Give him a name so I stop thinking of him as Jareth!" I am so glad to see that somebody actually wrote a fic about it!

"a shade of blue the color of nightmares and moonless nights" - lovely imagery.

"'I find it far more to the point to turn them into goblins, which, if equivalent to corpses on many levels, are at least animate and therefore marginally more useful.'" - this is just such a very Jareth line.

That last sentence wraps it up quite nicely.
Morgana Black chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
ah, this is a lovely fanfic. A finished read "jonathan strange..." yesterday, and I'm so enchanted by the story and the characters are so awesome. I love Stephen Black and Lady Pole, they are so... noble.

I really, really enjoyed your history. And to put together Lost-Hope and the King of Goblins (one of my favorite movies) was a great idea.

And this quote was really fantastic:

"Not long after, Lady Pole would remember Jareth's words when her friend spoke aloud a wish that seemed to condemn her to share the same fate as Lady Pole herself."

Congrats.
satta chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
Thanks for the read! For once it's refreshing to read something else than the usual Sarah/Jareth fic. Besides, the story was well-written and I enjoyed the characterization a great deal. Nice story!
Pika chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
Good idea, and nicely done.
ainself chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
Hey! Someone else who does country dancing!

Also, if you haven't run into it, there's a (very new) livejournal community for JS&MN fanfiction called the_famulus, which you should totally post this on.
Ledderlegs chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Hullo!

That is brilliant-so much so that I am about to go and dig out my copy of Jonathon Strange and Mr Norrell again.

Thankyou for such a wonderful story-it's cheered me up on a very rainy day!