Reviews for The Daughters of Krull
pamelawright chapter 6 . 2/14/2011
Very good. I got confused a little bit as you juggled POVs, but overall the story is excellent. A nice little addendum with it's own voice and appeal. Wonderful characterization. Thank you!
AuronLu chapter 6 . 3/18/2010
Wow. So much happening in this chapter.

I see the POV-shifts from chapter to chapter are part of your style. It's a great way to give each character limelight. For what it's worth, I felt like there was just a wee bit too much in Torquil's headspace, so that some of the development between him seemed like "tell, not show" - but that's subjective.

The sparring scene was excellent and alarming.

The city of snoots (why am I so bad at remembering names) is annoying. Isthmene is intriguing, but you've set such an expectancy that something's not as it seems- I'm wondering if it will be her.
AuronLu chapter 4 . 3/17/2010
The tension with Torquil strains this whole chapter like a bow, so that the romance is having to sneak around the edges. A very good method for keeping out bathos and sap; I shall have to remember it.
AuronLu chapter 3 . 3/17/2010
Whoops! I was getting so engrossed in the story that I forgot to leave comments, which is a good sign!

Krull was fun, but like much fantasy it wasn't well-developed. You've fleshed it out into a world.

Your characterization of canon and original characters is excellent; I hear voices, I see personalities. Come to think of it, you don't suffer from OFC fail - not that I'd expect you to, but it is of course rare to find original characters in fanfiction tht work.

The slavery, the underside of this world make sense, considering the thieves. Lona and Kela and Torquil's family are all well-realized, and the clash between father and daughter is painfully real.

There are small beats even in this simple story that show a writer's craft, from the early foreshadowing-glimpse of Kela to the complex dynamics in Torquil's family to the fascinating and as-yet-unexplained dragon dreams.
AuronLu chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
Oh my goodness. It's been long enough since I last watched one of my favorite grade-B movies that I'm having trouble remembering which one was Oswyn (and Torquil, how could I have forgotten that rogue?) but the characterizations here are spot-on! I quickly recognized and rememberd Torquil once you'd written a few lines of him, and your Ergo is perfect.

Too bad some of the best characters didn't survive the story, but I suppose Rell wouldn't be anywhere near human goings-on anyway.

I'm loving what you're doing with Titch as a young man, and eager to see what you'll do to address this very boys-club world. Lyssa's one incisive remark to Colwyn was a welcome one, and I like Zalinde.

Alas, I need to stop playing around in fanfic and get to work. I've bookmarked this for later!
Jen Rock chapter 6 . 1/4/2007
Beautiful story. There are so few Krull stories out there and yours is just wonderful. Everyone is in character and the originl characters are interesting in their own right. You should definately write more Krull stories.
gothlyssa chapter 6 . 1/1/2007
Wow. Good dialogue and great detail, with an unusual plot. *claps* I enjoyed reading through it, and I congratulate you for carrying on with it the way you have. There aren't many Krull stories really. I curse my parents for calling me Lyssa, lol. You're a very good writer. :)