Reviews for Forget Everything I Ever Told You
wolfgirlnowandforever chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Aw, damn! You.. this! It's so sad and, gah! I'm not sure how to describe this, it's so good! I enjoyed reading about Yami's return, and I loved that it's so tragic! Great job!
Ray Venn Hakubi chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
It would be much neater if I'd decided to review A Ship Sailing...

That way, I could have said 'I'm nearly crying...' and then reviewed this to say, 'and now I am.'

I need a hug. It's all your fault.
Aspicia chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
You made me cry with "A Ship Sailing Over the Edge of the World", and now you've made me cry over its sequel. All I can say is... I'm speechless. Another GREAT JOB. (:
bubblygoo chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
Great fic. I really liked this passage: "Except that putting it that way makes it sound all trivial, and it’s not. Realising I love you was the most significant moment of my life, and despite it being really hard to deal with sometimes (especially in New York when I got emails telling me how happy Yami makes you feel, and how much you care for him) I wouldn’t change it for the world. You will never know how I feel about you, nor this one proper act of friendship I’ve done, and I wouldn’t have it any other way."

As a side note, what in the world was Yami wearing when he came back from the "afterlife"? O.o
Dark Magician Girl Of Chaos chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
Gah.

I'm this - close to crying.

Beautiful, just beautiful.
MihealandMail4ever chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
that story was so beautiful *sniffle*. of course so was a ship sailing over the edge of the world. know i wnat to read all your stories. you're a great writer keep it up. :)
Distant Storm chapter 1 . 12/16/2006
OMFG. That was so sad it made me cry. but i loved it so much! It was so amazing. I have to go read everything else you've written!
Higuchimon chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Aww, that makes me want to cry...it's so sad and so beautiful and so perfect..
Azurite chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Well, I don't know how you do it, Scribbler. You consistently produce fics that are really just a glimpse into a moment, or the sharpest part of a situation, and you draw them out, almost like a rainbow stretches across the sky- so vivid, so real- but just for a moment.

My first thought wasn't actually the reality behind this -and I certainly hope there are few people that have dealt with this kind of thing and would read this and say "Ah, I know that feeling. I remember doing that." That's not an experience I'd wish on anyone, but in retrospect, that feeling was there -a little bit- after I was done reading this. But for me, having had the experience of someone I love dying when we were both young certainly sharpened my reading of this- without even realizing it.

And as with everything else I've seen from you -not to generalize, but it's true!- this remains an excellent sample of a "what if" into the real Yu-Gi-Oh canon. I can honestly say, those characters that I know, I can really see them doing this, saying this. Moreso than most anyone else's fics, you've got their characters down to a degree where I am JUST shy of believing you're just fluidly transcribing the lost part of the manga.

Was there a particular intention in not italicizing the first paragraph of Anzu's letter though? I'm merely curious.

It took me quite a while to think of the right words to say in response to this; this story and its predecessor are a far cry from fluff fics, but it's not as if it's some big angsty sob-fest in here, either. You have a quiet sort of sadness in this universe, of a life worn and well-lived. It's an odd impression to get from Yu-Gi-Oh characters! An excellent fic.

Thanks for writing.
LeDiz chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
-flail-

It doesn't change a thing but it's so perfect and Yuugi's so Yuugi and Anzu is so incredibly Anzu even post death (because I can't say that other word without automatically thinking humour and that's just wrong) and there's even a little bit of perfect Yami and the snaps of the past and the little details and damn you!

-flail-

Try that again.

I know why it changes everything, but at the same time, it really doesn't. Although you did a really good 'childhood friends' vibe in SSOEW, I think there's a part of me that's so certain Anzu and Yuugi-without-the-puzzle should have been together that I always inject the latent feelings into everything I read with them. So while we were all upset over Anzu being sick, there was also that 'what could have been' thing going on in the background. That was partly what made it so sad... there was more there and it just didn't happen... so much like real life, you know?

We just forget to do all the important things.

That's something that always rings true in your Anzu-Yuugi stories. The bits that are left out, because there's so much more that needs to be done in the meantime. It's very real, and very sad, but so very true, too.

And now I'm feeling all thoughtful again. Hence the damn you...
MyAibou chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
Damn. I so didn't have time to read a fic today, but "Ship" is one of my faves, so a sequel? I had to drop everything.

So glad I did. This was beautiful. Messy and poignant and OMG so sad. Poor Yugi. Poor Anzu. Poor Yami. The three of them... it's such a mess, and yet... I dunno. You really nail it, all aspects of it. Well done.
Jefepato chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
Good stuff. I still wish I knew more about YGO so I could actually judge these fics in context, though.
Yma chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
Leaving reviews for your work can be kinda hard, as they're often so good there's not much to say after reading excpet, 'gah, that was GOD!'

But I'll do my best.

The thing that stood out to me the most about this fic was the emotional complexity of it. Yeah, the characterisation was good, the general writing was good, and all that junk. But I've come to expect that from you.

But it's way you dealt whith the story. There are no clean cut endings, no sense that the reader shoudld feel this, or feel that. No reason for the reader to think, 'oh, he should SO have gotten with her instead of Yami,' or 'oh, Anzu was such a bitch!'

One thing I appreciate in your writing, and in the writing of most of the authers I like, is that complexity of emotion. A lot of 'shippers,' (and this is one of the reasons I don't like most romances/ships) is that it's very clear cut. It's X falls for X and lives happily ever after. I like emotional interaction, whether that's hate, love, or all the complexities in-between. This is a perfect example of the kind of 'shipping' fic I like. It shows hte pain, and it's a pain a lot of people come to know, of falling for someone, then n ot being able to tell them. or falling for someone too late. Or feeling a... loss, in some way. It's the real sad, complex, and in it's own way, just as beautiful side of love.

To say this story is bitter-sweet would be wrong. It's sad, it's tradgic but... but... it's not overblown. It's loverly.

Emotionally wise, this has to be one of the sweetest, sadest, most tender and longing stories I've read in a long time.

Thank you Scribs. A wonderful read.