Reviews for On the Steps of the Lincoln Memorial
Shao7 chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Loved this story!

Abby and Ducky were perfect!
Monker chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
This was so cute! I simply adored it and I think you depicted Ducky very accurately to his on screen personality. I must admit though, through the whole story, I had this terrible feeling that it was about to turn tragic. I kept thinking, "Ducky isn't married on the show, it must not work out somehow," and I thought for certain you were going to break him by killing her off or something. But then you didn't, and you actually let it end happily! I was thrilled! Their relationship was so cute and sweet and I loved it all. I thought the scene with the kids in her class was particularly adorable and the pumpkin pie was so flirty and spontaneous. And I loved the passage of time you specified. Ducky doesn't strike me as the type of man who would rush his personal affairs, especially when they are affairs of the heart. I'm sure he would have taken things slow with the woman he loved until he was sure of both his and her feelings. I thought it was great how he sought Abby's opinion throughout the whole story as well, especially in buying the ring. And I loved how he was so thoughtless when he just said, "I'll take it!" and then Abby had to negotiate a price on his behalf...good ol' Abbs.

The story wasn't perfect on a technical standard. All though it seems it was betaed twice, there were still a number of errors that were neglected to be corrected (which sort of rhymes if you kind squint with your ears, lol). I would also recommend you go back through the story and see if you can change the font of certain words back to its standard thickness. I noticed that many of your presumable beta marks were highlighted in bold print. This made it a bit distracting for the reader from time to time. It might be a good idea to go back and read through your story, rectifying those situations for the enjoyment of future readers.

But all in all, I thought it was a wonderfully romantic and sweet story. I do think that you are good at highlighting Ducky as a main character. Not everyone can write him well, but I really think you did. So please keep up the good work. Maybe a sequel? Ducky's married life, perhaps? Or a sweet honeymoon oneshot? Hm...that could be interesting...But I leave it to your discretion. Whatever you do, continue writing. You have a talent for it. Well done!

-Monker
Lerrinus chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
Aw, this is cute! Nicely done! :-)
Teri chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Outstanding. I love your Ducky in this story. Belinda is a rather good original character. Abby is wonderful as the supportive friend and I like the way you dealth with Ducky and Gibbs' friendship. Very nice work all around.
PhantomFlutePlayer chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Wow, this is absolutely wonderful! You kept everyone in the story so in character, and still made it a wonderful read. I think that it's great that you gave Ducky the spotlight in this. He is such a great character, yet is never more than a side character on the show. I also think that the NCIS writers should get a hold of this and introduce someone as awesome as Belinda into Ducky's life. Thank-you for a wonderful fic to read.
Artemesia chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Oh! Oh dear, I loved this story to a ridiculous degree, and only wish that a writer from NCIS would find it and give Ducky such a wonderful partner in canon. This was unbelievably lovely, had just the right dash of deliciously canon Abby, and was romantic and yet not for a moment sappy. If you decided to do a sequel, it would be most, most welcome! And besides, you know Ducky would have to wear a kilt to his wedding!
curtchen88 chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Thanks for this fantastic story! I love it.
rlynch chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
Aw. Now this isn't fair! Get us hooked and leave us hanging! There IS a sequel or another chapter to follow, right?
narcissus chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
Lovely story!
Bibilein chapter 1 . 12/17/2006
How cute! :)

Ducky and Abby are so IC, i love it!
sb4ever chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
I love this! Ducky is all too infrequently used as a central character in both the shows and the many ff written. It's wonderful to have one about him and a sweet well-written one to boot! The dialogue sounds in character and I like this woman who can bring such joy to Ducky's life. He deserves it! What a nice holiday surprise!
pryrmtns chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
wunnerful.. wunnerful...

I love the sweet story.. and that Ducky gets happy ever after.
Sarai chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
I like it!
cpneb chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
This is so wonderful! Thank you for a wondermous Christmas Present!

You've got Ducky nailed as well as the rest of the cast, and even his Mom is in character!

I only hope that you're keeping this going for a good while: excellent read! 9 of 10 stars (only nine because I like redheads betterL LOL)! ...cpneb