Reviews for The Unkindness of Ravens
Crow's Talon chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
I'm really enjoying this - the characters are introduced smoothly and well, and the initial description of Crane in particular stood out. You really have a knack for his character: his mannerisms and dialogue were in-character and believable given who he is and the situation he is in. Seeing him interact with his abductor is a very interesting read, and the two interact smoothly and interestingly I really look forward to seeing more of them and where the piece leads to, since it's already gotten off to a fantastic start.

Your writing is absolutely marvelous, and I love the way you handle description here. It's truly enjoyable and you get across a great sense of place. I have a feeling that this will be a deeply interesting Christmas story, and a great introduction to the world of the CATverse itself. Congratulations, I look forward to reading more.
BlatantBookworm chapter 32 . 6/29/2012
Awesome!

Love it love it love it!
BlatantBookworm chapter 28 . 6/29/2012
Cool!

Villains christmas dinner... interesting idea! Surprised more people haven't used it!

Keep writing!
BlatantBookworm chapter 23 . 6/29/2012
Cool!

Like your description of the hospital!

Keep writing!
BlatantBookworm chapter 11 . 6/29/2012
The chapters have gotten shorter, haven't they?

Great story! Love the karma for Scarecrow! Keep writing!
BlatantBookworm chapter 7 . 6/29/2012
Poor Scarecrow.

Then again, all things considered... karma would have to visit him sometime.

Great story!
BlatantBookworm chapter 4 . 6/29/2012
Cool! XD Love it!
BlatantBookworm chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Stephanie chapter 20 . 3/30/2012
I love the use of LSU fans in here. But we really arent all viscious. Louisiana is known for its southern hospitality after all. But there are a lot of jerks here too. I felt the same way at Bama until the third time I went over there. Anyways, great story!
MissBliss8527 chapter 30 . 10/25/2011
This was the best chapter of anything I have ever read. From "Your face is childish!" to "There was much rejoicing. Yay." to "My... hat?" I could barely stop laughing. For this chapter, I will favourite you, this story, and bookmark this page. XD
scarlett onyx chapter 14 . 6/22/2011
"crunchy little bites of joy"

boy, do i quote that line...XD
Que chapter 26 . 4/13/2011
I loves this! U should make a comic too! It's alsomest! To the EXTREME! Alsome work :3
Murdoc's Mismatched Eyes chapter 33 . 2/1/2011
I am an evil sadist who loves to read about poor Johnny getting hurt. Seriously, I could read them all day! And that's exactly what I did with this fic. I spent two days reading this and I must say I REALLY enjoyed this fic. xD

But now it has ended! OH NOES! D
Jaselin chapter 20 . 10/28/2010
I've never been to any university football games. (and I do realize as someone from Alabama that's blasphemy, but whatever.) But the LSU guys sound almost as bad as the Sulligent High-school football fans. They throw rocks at the band, big ones.

Poor Crane better run though, rabid football fans are way worse the evil squirrels...

great chapter!
The Talking Absol chapter 33 . 6/13/2010
Hoo boy is this overdue. And you gals broke 100 reviews! Yay!

When I first started in on the CAT series, I seriously thought this was only one chapter. For some reason, I didn't see the rest...

The scene that seems to stick out most from this is always the Batmobile one, even more than the squirrels. "Batman is not a traffic cop," yeah. XD I like that. And the next line, "Well aren't you cute?" Oh! And, my personal fav., right after she puts him in a straightjacket, and there's the "glare-off." That one made me giggle.

Favorite chapter, though? The snowball fight. Ooooh, I loved that one. The interactions of all the characters, the Monty Python reference especially...pure genius.

And I got confused with the whole "shadow-popping-up" thing, but I think it was explained in the forums. And Squishy will hopefully never encounter Squirrel Girl. She's unbeatable, and has several armies of angry squirrels.

But yeah, overall this has a really good plot. I personally think Scarecrow would have been a little more compliant, only as an act. But this works too, and provides for excellent comedy and pity for our Squishykins. A spectacular introduction into the awesome series, now that I know the whole story.