Reviews for Apotheosis
K chapter 39 . 8/5/2013
That's the second time I read this story. The first was years ago before I even watched one episode of Battlestar Galactica and I thought it was one of the more well constructed story of the fandom. Now that I've watched the show I must say that beyond that it's also a courageous story because it's one of the few that actually explore on a grand scale the consequences of a divergent element inserted in the show.

All in all in spite of my love of BSG mini serie and its season 1 and 2, I'm kinda sorry that this scenario isn't the one I've seen played on the screen,
CloudyDream chapter 39 . 6/25/2013
This was a very entertaining read. Kudos!
iChaos chapter 39 . 10/16/2012
I like what you did with this story, nice job!
Project Nemesis chapter 39 . 9/19/2012
So this is a long overdue review since I have read this story like 5 times now.

This story is in my top 3 BSG stories on this site. I love your Starbuck and Apollo. So many other authors have so much angst with them that it just gets extremely annoying to read. I've dropped a lot of BSG stories on here because of it (one author's stories in particular). Your Starbuck and Apollo just had me laughing. Lines like:

**Kara took her cue and she and Lee left the CIC to gather her pilots. She couldn't help the smile that pulled at her face when Lee's hand grazed hers and he said, "Well Starbuck, do you believe in miracles?"

She grinned, "I found you in a bombed out museum after two months in a irradiated hell hole and more importantly, I've seen you fresh out of the shower. I definitely believe in miracles."

Lee laughed as he stopped and turned to her, "Says the woman with quite possibly the best breasts in the Fleet."

She faced him with a scowl, "I prefer the term 'rack,' thank you very much." The pair then resumed their trek to the Ready Room. "Or at the very least, 'fun bags.' Gods Lee, show some tact."

"I'll bear that in mind."**

Plus the angst that was there was completely appropriate. Anyway, thank you for writing this great story. My only negative thing to say is that it was too short (which is really a positive cause I wanted to read more P ) and I'm not a fan of the fleet finding modern or slightly future earth. But that's just personal preference.
surfergirl88 chapter 39 . 8/31/2011
It's 3:00 am and I just finished reading all 39 chapters of this fic. This fic was so interesting, well written, and different enough from the volumes of other L&K fic out there that I've read over the years, that I couldn't put it down. Work is going to suck when I have to get up in 3 hours to go to it, but the happiness and serenity the end of this fic left me with is well worth it. Great job on a great fic!
Parzival vi Britannia chapter 39 . 6/4/2011
hahah i love this fic, very well done!
Little Miss Sci-Fi chapter 39 . 4/24/2011
Wow, that took you two years to write! Well thank you for it, I really enjoyed it, one of the best I've read!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 39 . 11/17/2010
Interesting bit of work, I have to admit.

The opening scenes created an intriguingly dramatic twist on events, and even the scenes on Caprica as Lee met Helo and the future Athena made sense (Having had less contact with the human-form models than he had in canon- and also spent little time with Boomer before meeting Sharon-, Lee’s less inclined to start automatically trying to shoot Sharon just for being a Cylon).

I was a bit uncertain about Lee’s ‘determination’ to go back to Caprica and the Colonies- he might have evidence that people survived the nuclear bombardment, but at the same time the Colonials only have one Battlestar and limited ships available to them; not exactly the resources required for this kind of assault-, and your decision to miscarry the would-be Hera was a bit of a surprise as well, but it’s Lee’s ability to see ANYTHING worth respecting in Admiral Cain after he learns about “Pegasus”’s civilian fleet that really gets me; his father might not have wanted to run from the Colonies at first, but he didn’t leave a mass of civilians to die just because it was ‘inconvenient’ to worry about protecting them.

Lee wants to go back to the Colonies simply because he thinks it’s right, regardless of the practical issues; Cain’s willingness to abandon at least hundreds to die simply because they’d ‘distract’ her demonstrates a more direct example of the same callousness he’s accused his father and Roslin of feeling, and hence should have provoked him to reject her almost automatically.

I can just about see Roslin dealing with the issue by demoting Cain and promoting Adama in order to appease those who know about that particular mess, but that doesn’t stop me from feeling that Lee should have had more issues with what she’d done...

Ah well; Baltar died before he could REALLY screw things up, so there’s always that.

In the end, I suppose Lee’s resolve to go back to Caprica when he has ‘evidence’ that there’s people there to save makes a certain sense- as Laura Roslin pointed out after the Mutiny, he can sometimes forget to consider the smart thing when he’s focused on doing the ‘right’ thing-, but I still can’t quite see him as being stubborn enough to hold on to that idea after practically everyone he’s voiced that opinion to has pointed out how impractical it is; Lee’s always struck me as more of a ‘do-er’ when it comes to this kind of thing than he is a long-term planner.

Still, the conclusion’s not too bad; I just have to wonder what would happen if the other members of the Five are revealed to the Fleet...
anamarya chapter 39 . 6/3/2010
well, this story was a ride... i liked how you put Lee on Caprica and his friendship with not only Karl and Sharon but also Sam, the strange turn of events that made Helena Cain president, the rescue mission and the fact that they saved the professor from War College (ok, i have to admit i really liked this from purely selfish reason, me being a "prof" myself :P ), and i really liked the hand-fasting.

anyway, thanks
Jade Dagger chapter 39 . 5/29/2010
Wow. This thing was fricking amazing. As were your other works, but this is one of the best things Ive ever read. GREAT job!
Serenechemnerd chapter 39 . 8/6/2009
Well thought out twists and turns in the story! Really enjoyable to read. Thank-you for this story!
Alec McDowell chapter 39 . 8/4/2009
Very interesting story. I was drawn in by the Helo-Apollo friendship, those two do not interact enough! I enjoyed the twists and your redemption of Cain, I loved her character on the show and saw her as entirely grey instead of bad. The ending was smushy but worked very nice, I thought- I'd call it a "if everything went RIGHT" kind of end haha. Also I was pleased that the writing quality improved steadily as the story went on (I felt there were too many commas in the first part of the story) I enjoyed this a lot and will definitely be taking a look to see what else you have written
larssdf1 chapter 39 . 12/29/2008
I really loved it.
Kayla chapter 39 . 12/26/2008
Aw, such a good ending! I like the way you explored a different concept for BSG but kept alot of the canon. Really intersting and well written. But Lee/Cain! Gah:) You write Lee/Kara too well... Well done and thanks for sharing...
Kayla chapter 23 . 12/26/2008
I almost wet my pants laughing at Kara's dialogue in this chapter, too funny.