Reviews for The Dance Macabre
Elizabeth chapter 1 . 8/13
Love it! Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique is one of my favourites, and this story fits it perfectly.
Have you heard Danse Macabre by Saint-Saens? Another brilliant piece in a similar vein. He also uses the theme for the Fossils in Carnival of the Animals, which I have as my ringtone.
A VIOLINIST chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Daybreaker chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
This is really good! I'm surprised Pratchett didn't ever think of this. Your little 'blurb' is spot on. The 'white horse hair bow' was a nice detail, I really love that horse. I wish there were more stories about Binky. One thing, though, Binky is male, not female. Don't let the girly name fool you.
GrayRobes chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
I love this so much! I can see why Death might not want to play. Also, in the book Soul Music, Death can't play anything except one particular I guess him and music don't mix anyway. I guess the Uberwald peeople haven't caught on. :)

But bluegrass? Death? Dear sweet lord, that would be someting to see. I can imagine it now-no I can't. My brain shuts down. Thanks for a great story to read!
James Brice chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
A most excellent piece of work.
Tindomiel chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
One spelling note: 'reined' instead of 'reigned'.

Aside from that, marvellous work! I absolutely adored the bit at the blacksmiths - you've captured Death's personality (if i can be called that) perfectly, and all in all, what a brilliant idea! I love that piece of music, and being a (not-very-good) violin player myself, can perfectly empathise with any reluctance to pick up the damned instrument.

Humour was excellently done. Pratchett could pick up a few tips.
MJ MOD chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
It's a funny story. Very in character with Pratchett's. Thanks.
Crazy Authoresses CAT and AMS chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
Fabulously written, and evocative but amusing. Love it! Especially Jason and his struggle with the almanac... XD And the talking bat... And pretty much the whole thing.

One minor thing: it should be 'danse macabre', probably. 'Dans macabre' would mean 'in the macabre', instead of 'the macabre dance'. But that's just a minor, unimportant thing from a foreign language lover.

Overall, brilliant job!
BTK chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
That was beautifully written! Death's attitude was captured perfectly-I wish you would write some more about Death in another story-well done!
panfriedcatfish chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
I really enjoyed that. I think you got the vampires' attitudes just right and Albert is really well done too. And I loved Death and his "oh no do I really have to?" attitude! Congrats on a great fic. :)
Big Cat chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
I almost heard Death music. You made me feel I want to learn playing violin too.

Congratulations, your story grabbed my attention from the beginning, unfortunately it was too short.

Anyway, thanks for the enjoyment.
P'tfami chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
I think the last time Death was at a dance was in "Reaper Man" -I could definitely envision him going 'Hwun-Two-Hwun-Two-Three Go"

Anyway,that was a lovely oneshot. Well done.
Mad Possum chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Are you sure you’re not actually PTerry himself? Writing style worthy of the master… and a real world idea twisted perfectly for Discworld, and wonderfully eloquent.

Btw, anonymous reviews are disabled, so no one without an account can review… not sure if you want to change it or not.

Please, write more of this quality kind of stuff!