Reviews for Destiny
JustAnotherAuthorDurping chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
This is a very lovely story. I have to say, the Kataang parts really made me smile (I'm not really with/against Kataang, just disinterested) and like the couple. And the Tokka-esque parts were great as well. I love how this was in character even without dialogue.

Well done!

Chris chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Very nice. Well written, in character, and thoroughly enjoyable. Thank you!
Miyiku chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Really, you made me cry with this fic. Beautiful!
heyhey chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
hey, your story was the best type of tokka you could imagine. i could actually see that happening. keep up the great stories!
Avaleia chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
Oh wow...

That's just beautiful. Your writing style is gorgeous, and your use of metaphors are great. I wish I could write with such depth and clarity ;)
Zergplex chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
Bravo, bravo. Very few authors have caught Toph and Sokka the way you have. Though I disagree that Destiny doesn't have something special planned for them as well I can understand the feeling that Aang and Katara are differant. I just prefer to think Toph might be a bit blind to her and Sokka's destiny, maybe purposefully. After all Toph would hate to even imagine predestination, what with her independent streak.

Off the subject of destiny I love the portrayals of the characters. The juxtaposition of Katara and Aang's relationship compared to Toph and Sokka's. One is light and airy, full of expressive love, optimism, and hope for the future. The other grounded and realistic, filled not with open love but with deep seated devotion, camaraderie, and the unspoken bond of trust. Toph and Sokka are lovers, but not in the sense of most romance movies. They remind me more of a long married couple, comfortable without the loud outspoken expressions of love common in most early relationships. They have a different relationship, more subtle but no less strong for it. Katara and Aang are destined to be together, Sokka and Toph chose to be together. I think making the choice yourself and slugging through the good times and bad beats destiny any day of the week. That just me though. You did well with both relationships, I can't wait to read more of your work.
earthenfist chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
Very nice. All of your stuff is marvelously done. I like how your style is very poetic without being too fancy. Almost like Toph herself;) good job
kettlebetterjim chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
Wow, so sweet! The pairing just makes me smile a little bit more now. :)
anon chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
That was beautiful. Absolutely lovely. I think that you really captured Toph's voice and how she sees the world. I really enjoyed reading this, it was simply amazing.

You showed the parts that each play in the saving of the world, and what each character wants from life.

When I read stories like this, they remind me that my little stories' butts have been thoroughly kicked.
Hidden Fairy chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
i understand where u come from when u say that you really really like this story! ME TOO!

I love it, raelly great word work and all that.

its in my favs!

Hidden Fairy
Itineris chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
A most wonderful tale. Enjoyed the Tokka. Very well written.
MormonMaiden chapter 1 . 4/30/2007 Beautiful.

Your style is so simple and elegant...and just so true. I absolutely adore it. It's absolutely love.
The Clang chapter 1 . 3/24/2007
i read that story you linked on your profile and i agree wholeheartedly

what flavor of explosive were you thinking cause i know a guy

oh, and the story was really good too ;)

Invaderk chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
Sigh. Sometimes you like a good angst. Sometimes you like a good fluff. And sometimes you like this. This is one of those unforgetables that just make you keep smiling and sighing because it's just so right.

This story was beautifully written and deeply moving. I loved it!

Fantastic work!
crailis chapter 1 . 1/16/2007
Halfway through this, I was absolutely breathless. I adore the way you describe the way Toph sees what goes on between Aang and Katara. It is absolutely stunning in so many ways, and definently beautiful.

The way you put Tophs progressing feelings between her and Sokka was beautifully done as well.

Wonderful. Just simply wonderful.
51 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »