Reviews for Destiny
RamaFan chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Very nice. Short, sweet, but very rich.
Piezo chapter 1 . 12/12/2006

Sorry about the pirate impression, but once again... excellent job...

I guess you've caught the Tokka bug, huh? Well, usually the major issues people have with this pairing is age difference and the (Ahem...) interruptions of other characters. Personally, I started a future-fic to address these issues.

Awesomely, you've nevertheless went straight to the core principles.

1. The nuances and compatibility of their personalities.

2. The (almost) undeniable substance and realism that their relationship (in my opinion...) has over other pairings. (I'll even put it up to Katara/Aang... maybe...)

Sorry for giving you another list, but I'll stop the second you stop writing stories that I need to add to my favorites!
Artemis Rae chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
This was truly wonderful! A lovely look at the way Toph might see Aang and Katara, and the way she sees Sokka. I particularly loved the line about Toph being made of rock and Sokka being made of steel - my favorite part of the Tokka ship is the potential for some spectacular bickering. I also think it was a wonderfully realistic look on how Toph and Sokka might actually evolve into a relationship.

A great piece - I hope you continue to write for these ships, considering how well you grasp the characters.
Blufle chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
I think I just died and went to heaven. This fic was too amazing for words (and yet I'll try to put it into words for the sake of a review).

Not only did you include two pairs that I completely and utterly love, but you did it in such a wonderful way! There are so many things in this fic that made me want to say, "Yes! Exactly!" Because I really have agreed with it all along, I just never really put it into words. You did that for me XD

"...Aang and Katara were running hand-in-hand into some Stronghold of Doom, and Toph was holding back the milling soldiers and Sokka was guarding the door." This pretty much sums up the feeling I got from this fic: that Katara and Aang, while it is true that they are the ones everybody talks about and raises up onto a pedestal of fame, it's Sokka and Toph who are the ones that are constantly watching the others' backs. It's like they all contribute, but only Aang and Katara get recognized.

I especially liked the line where you said Toph didn't glow, and neither did Sokka. I can definitely see that about Sokka. He's just an ordinary guy stuck in a not-so-ordinary situation.

Well, I would say more, but this review has already won an award for being the longest review I've ever written. Good job, though; you've earned it!
AssaultSloth chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Not bad, not bad. You have a way with words. However, this is way too fluffy happy good time fun for me. It's good writing, certainly, but I believe it's too concise to tell a really fulfilling story. It's kindof like you stretched the 'and they live happily ever after' to fill several pages, instead of a real epilogue or sequel.

However, you use great language and it really moves in a coherent fashion. It stands alone and wraps itself up nicely, which is a skill very few writers have. Good job.

rgbvf chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Wow... that was amazing. Truly brilliant. I'm speechless.
51 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4