Reviews for The Look in His Eyes
Sassy-Chan chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
Wow. This was so depressingly beautiful! I haven't seen the movie yet-when are you going to let me borrow it, anyway?-but I'm familiar with the story, and I loved your insights into Ed's reasons for staying in our world. I loved those little flashback conversations, too. It let us see another perspective on Roy without breaking his first person POV. You were able to provide variety without breaking the continuity of the story. This was amazing, and everything I've come to expect from you.

You know, it's funny. Having met you and knowing that you're one of those people who are cheerful ALL THE FREAKING TIME, it's amusing that you have such a knack for writing angst. If I didn't actually know you, I'd have guessed you were one of those dark-loving, depressed people. How can you get inside depressed people's heads when you're never depressed? You're funny.

Nicely done. I loved the word play and the way you kept going back to previous comments or thoughts and twisting them around until they mean something completely different. You really are fantastic.

So...when are you going to lend me the movie? I'll just keep nagging until you do. Might as well give in!
Luna-Lunak chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
It's so depressing... I love this story, it's really deep and i just can't help but to feel pity for alter Roy because of his sacrifaces, for Ed because of his guilt and sins, and for Roy because of his denial, lack of time and loss.
Starpolish chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
Heartwrenchingly beautiful. I've often wondered about how Ed would react to meeting Alter!Roy and if he could convince himself to be happy. I loved hearing the story from Roy's p.o.v. It made it all the more painful to know how much he loves Ed. Great job.
Danielle Anderson chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
That was so sad - incredibly heartbreaking. A wonderful, moving insight into alter!Roy's head and his POV of Ed's soul-destroying guilt. Usually I ship Roy/Ed because in my mind, alter!Roy is a different person but reading this fic made me want Ed and alter!Roy to be happy together. I've had such a plot bunny for a while, maybe I should put it into writing ;).

Anyway, wonderful job. You've touched me with sorrow and angst in this fic, making me feel their pain. Thank you.
19 | « Prev Page 1 2