Reviews for Still Waters Run Deep
Ali chapter 21 . 11/12/2010
Am still reading, and hoping for an update! Very deep story, with awesome characterization and an intruiging plot. Please, don't abandon this fic, it is way to good to not have a conclusion!
crookshies chapter 9 . 3/30/2010
Still water runs deep indeed

awesome story
crookshies chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
i liked it...
Primal Red chapter 21 . 2/9/2010
Heya! It's Teruame! :D And I'm here to review the new chapter. X3

This is just so brilliante! *_* I can now see why I felt so horrible when Kishimoto destroyed Sasuke's characterization and when Hinata was so butchered like hell in such ways...you have truly kept and preserved their personalities! -squeals-

And the references to their streaming thoughts are just genius and beautiful and everything awesome! :D I can't stop gushing over the description! I admit, I may have been reading too much badfic lately, but this fanfic really stands out in the good way and makes me wish for the old days when there were goodfic like this...AW...

*HUGS YA TENDERLY*
chocolatte-delight chapter 21 . 2/8/2010
I kind of skipped to the end, not because I was unsatisfied, but because I'm not in a SasuHina-y mood right now, but as I was assessing if I'd enjoy this or not, I couldn't help but become enamored with your writing style and portrayals of the characters.

First off, your writing style is wonderful. The shortness and brevity of your sentences gives a strong impact, even though it seems choppy sometimes and makes the long string of thoughts come together so well. Your metaphors and comparisons are out of this world with their originality and ability to make things become easier grasped. In particular, I loved the line: "You couldn’t love anything when all you had was a clenched fist in your chest." You captured Sasuke through and through with this line; I was utterly in awe.

The depiction of characters from what I saw is splendid. What's happening between the Hyuuga clan and the Hyuuga sibs cousin is very interesting. What appealed to me, I suppose, is how you incorporated the Japanese custom of not wanting things to be sullied by dirty things like death. The Hyuuga tradition, then, fits right along with that; I admire the way you weaved that into your fic :) What's happening between Sasuke and Kakashi is also interesting, especially with how Sasuke is regarding Kakashi. There's something low-key and regretful about Kakashi that is just so Kakashi that I can't help but love you for it.

This is a lovely story that's filled with interesting images and wonderful prose; I adore the small bits that I've read so far :)
Amrun chapter 21 . 2/5/2010
I am glad you're at least considering continuing this story. It's one of my favorites. I reread it, so I'll tell you my overall impression the second time around:

-I love the style of language. It flows like stream of consciousness almost and it's a unique narrative style I enjoy.

-I like how simple and not-overdone the romance is. It takes the maudlin bite out of otherwise angsty situations/characters. The romance unfolds in a way that makes them feel like the teenagers they are, even as they deal with adult situations, which is refreshing.

-Your Hyuuga clan politics are well thought out and original, though perhaps the council is a bit too villified. I especially like how you wove ninja nobility in with "real world" nobility and contrasted it so starkly. I've never seen that done before.

-Your grammar could use work, though the errors don't usually impede comprehension so it's not a huge deal as such. The main error I see repeated are comma splices. Just thought I'd mention it.

-Thanks for not glossing over the characters' weaknesses and shortcomings, especially Sasuke's. Hinata's still a mouse and Sasuke is still a jerk and I appreciate that. Their personalities complement each other so well that I wish they'd end up together in canon - and I think your story is the main reason I feel that way. The effort you put into developing each character's individual psyche shows and it makes this story interesting.

Now, onto this canon business... I see no need for you to work the newest canon into this story. I appreciate what you have done so far, but the insertion of canon does occasionally feel a little bit forced and unplanned. It's nothing a revision wouldn't fix. Your "what if" scenario is powerful enough on its own that you don't need to worry about the ins and outs of new canon. I enjoyed the direction of this story long before canon came along and refuted it, and my enjoyment isnt diminished by that. That being said, if you do end up making it canon-compliant I will be duly impressed.

All in all, this is one of my favorite stories, so thanks for sharing it. I hope to see more of it eventually.
asga chapter 21 . 2/5/2010
Hope to see the update xD
Dezaria chapter 21 . 2/4/2010
It's times like this where I'm glad I began writing fanfiction myself. I can truly appreciate what you mean about manga authors going crazy with plot and/or lack of.

I think you've got it down though. Definitely focus more on the characters and less on what was 'supposed' to happen. I mean, it's great for fics to not be crack, but if they all synced up perfectly, that'd take away from the beauty that is fanfiction.

Either way, I'm just glad you're back. :)

I love the way you portray Sasuke. He has real issues and you allow him to just - be. I've seriously missed your voice on the Hyuga and Uchiha clans. I look forward to any new installment of SWRD.
salote chapter 21 . 2/4/2010
It was such a pleasure to see that you had updated! Your story is so complex and riveting. I hope that you continue whether you choose to follow canon, or do your "what if" scenario. It's wonderful to read. :D (And, I can't wait to read the next interaction between Neji and Hinata. I love how you are developing their relationship.)
KagomeMarie chapter 21 . 2/3/2010
Very good I really got into your story kinda upset it just ended there T_T
Jigokudayu chapter 21 . 2/1/2010
Awesome, another chapter! Definitely understand the block since Kishi dropped everyone for Sasuke and only puts Hinata in as a sacrifice for kyuubi :(

Would love to see the progression of their relationship in your story so I really hope you continue it!
IVIaedhros chapter 21 . 2/1/2010
Well, it has been awhile, but the update is certainly appreciated. I look forward to seeing how you untangle their various complexes, though I'm thinking there's no way they could do this without significant outside help.
nemulos chapter 21 . 2/1/2010
thank you for the update.

I like the Kakasasu interactions. However I can't say I'm thrilled to see hinata becoming clan leader. I have always found the charge to be quite boring.
Zwei Shonagon chapter 20 . 7/30/2009
You haven't updated in a while, but I just wanted to let you know I find this story very fascinating!

The character development is indeed a bit slow for my taste, but it's still wonderfully dense. I loved how you incorporated the recent canon into the story, despite the fact you started writing this before the whole arc about Itachi and Madara was revealed.

Lots of luck,

aixyutin
shadow heart chapter 6 . 5/30/2009
sweet! i love it!so far so good! i guess ill finish reading this fic today!
233 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »