Reviews for Still Waters Run Deep
Gummybears chapter 3 . 3/12/2011
I was unsure about reading this, since hinata and sasuke as the two main stories didn't seem interesting to me. But your other stories on team 7 were very well written and showed how they might react after chasing for so long that it was worth a shot. So far I really like how you characterised Hinata who of course would have a diffuculty picking what was right and wrong to do esp. for missing nin. I like how you ended this chapter pointing out that there may be something about sasuke, that at least one other person went as far as he could to safe him. Good job and I'll continue reading this
hitsuzen-hime chapter 21 . 2/20/2011
Wow, well I found your story today and read up to the most recent chapter. I'm glad I missed your year long hiatus and hope you pick this project back up on a more regular schedule. It's really something special and I for one like how you've woven the weirdness of developing cannon into the fact that these kids were all messed in the head and not remembering (blocking out) huge swaths of their most recent pasts.

I really like how you've handled the political Hyuuga showdowns. The cursed seal on the Great Aunt was very impressive. I also really look forward to how you handle the rest of this conversation between Kakashi and Sasuke. I for one, have always believed that Kakashi was negligent in dealing with Sasuke's obvious mental issues prior to the whole Snake Sannin arc, it's hard not to notice that the kid is completely fucked in the head and Kakashi knows what fucked in the head looks like (pot/kettle) so having him Man up now as a Sensei is very refreshing.

I enjoy this story throughly, particularly your Sasuke who has some great internal dialogue and humor to his sarcasm and angst, and look forward to the next chapter. Please update soon!
Beloved Daughter chapter 21 . 12/17/2010
Interesting story. I really hope you plan to update it soon because I'm really confused about what happened in the Hyuuga council room. Did Hinata kill the old woman who told her to brand her sister?
Ali chapter 21 . 11/12/2010
Am still reading, and hoping for an update! Very deep story, with awesome characterization and an intruiging plot. Please, don't abandon this fic, it is way to good to not have a conclusion!
crookshies chapter 9 . 3/30/2010
Still water runs deep indeed

awesome story
crookshies chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
i liked it...
Primal Red chapter 21 . 2/9/2010
Heya! It's Teruame! :D And I'm here to review the new chapter. X3

This is just so brilliante! *_* I can now see why I felt so horrible when Kishimoto destroyed Sasuke's characterization and when Hinata was so butchered like hell in such ways...you have truly kept and preserved their personalities! -squeals-

And the references to their streaming thoughts are just genius and beautiful and everything awesome! :D I can't stop gushing over the description! I admit, I may have been reading too much badfic lately, but this fanfic really stands out in the good way and makes me wish for the old days when there were goodfic like this...AW...

*HUGS YA TENDERLY*
chocolatte-delight chapter 21 . 2/8/2010
I kind of skipped to the end, not because I was unsatisfied, but because I'm not in a SasuHina-y mood right now, but as I was assessing if I'd enjoy this or not, I couldn't help but become enamored with your writing style and portrayals of the characters.

First off, your writing style is wonderful. The shortness and brevity of your sentences gives a strong impact, even though it seems choppy sometimes and makes the long string of thoughts come together so well. Your metaphors and comparisons are out of this world with their originality and ability to make things become easier grasped. In particular, I loved the line: "You couldn’t love anything when all you had was a clenched fist in your chest." You captured Sasuke through and through with this line; I was utterly in awe.

The depiction of characters from what I saw is splendid. What's happening between the Hyuuga clan and the Hyuuga sibs cousin is very interesting. What appealed to me, I suppose, is how you incorporated the Japanese custom of not wanting things to be sullied by dirty things like death. The Hyuuga tradition, then, fits right along with that; I admire the way you weaved that into your fic :) What's happening between Sasuke and Kakashi is also interesting, especially with how Sasuke is regarding Kakashi. There's something low-key and regretful about Kakashi that is just so Kakashi that I can't help but love you for it.

This is a lovely story that's filled with interesting images and wonderful prose; I adore the small bits that I've read so far :)
Amrun chapter 21 . 2/5/2010
I am glad you're at least considering continuing this story. It's one of my favorites. I reread it, so I'll tell you my overall impression the second time around:

-I love the style of language. It flows like stream of consciousness almost and it's a unique narrative style I enjoy.

-I like how simple and not-overdone the romance is. It takes the maudlin bite out of otherwise angsty situations/characters. The romance unfolds in a way that makes them feel like the teenagers they are, even as they deal with adult situations, which is refreshing.

-Your Hyuuga clan politics are well thought out and original, though perhaps the council is a bit too villified. I especially like how you wove ninja nobility in with "real world" nobility and contrasted it so starkly. I've never seen that done before.

-Your grammar could use work, though the errors don't usually impede comprehension so it's not a huge deal as such. The main error I see repeated are comma splices. Just thought I'd mention it.

-Thanks for not glossing over the characters' weaknesses and shortcomings, especially Sasuke's. Hinata's still a mouse and Sasuke is still a jerk and I appreciate that. Their personalities complement each other so well that I wish they'd end up together in canon - and I think your story is the main reason I feel that way. The effort you put into developing each character's individual psyche shows and it makes this story interesting.

Now, onto this canon business... I see no need for you to work the newest canon into this story. I appreciate what you have done so far, but the insertion of canon does occasionally feel a little bit forced and unplanned. It's nothing a revision wouldn't fix. Your "what if" scenario is powerful enough on its own that you don't need to worry about the ins and outs of new canon. I enjoyed the direction of this story long before canon came along and refuted it, and my enjoyment isnt diminished by that. That being said, if you do end up making it canon-compliant I will be duly impressed.

All in all, this is one of my favorite stories, so thanks for sharing it. I hope to see more of it eventually.
asga chapter 21 . 2/5/2010
Hope to see the update xD
Dezaria chapter 21 . 2/4/2010
It's times like this where I'm glad I began writing fanfiction myself. I can truly appreciate what you mean about manga authors going crazy with plot and/or lack of.

I think you've got it down though. Definitely focus more on the characters and less on what was 'supposed' to happen. I mean, it's great for fics to not be crack, but if they all synced up perfectly, that'd take away from the beauty that is fanfiction.

Either way, I'm just glad you're back. :)

I love the way you portray Sasuke. He has real issues and you allow him to just - be. I've seriously missed your voice on the Hyuga and Uchiha clans. I look forward to any new installment of SWRD.
salote chapter 21 . 2/4/2010
It was such a pleasure to see that you had updated! Your story is so complex and riveting. I hope that you continue whether you choose to follow canon, or do your "what if" scenario. It's wonderful to read. :D (And, I can't wait to read the next interaction between Neji and Hinata. I love how you are developing their relationship.)
KagomeMarie chapter 21 . 2/3/2010
Very good I really got into your story kinda upset it just ended there T_T
Jigokudayu chapter 21 . 2/1/2010
Awesome, another chapter! Definitely understand the block since Kishi dropped everyone for Sasuke and only puts Hinata in as a sacrifice for kyuubi :(

Would love to see the progression of their relationship in your story so I really hope you continue it!
IVIaedhros chapter 21 . 2/1/2010
Well, it has been awhile, but the update is certainly appreciated. I look forward to seeing how you untangle their various complexes, though I'm thinking there's no way they could do this without significant outside help.
236 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »