Reviews for Still Waters Run Deep
nemulos chapter 21 . 2/1/2010
thank you for the update.

I like the Kakasasu interactions. However I can't say I'm thrilled to see hinata becoming clan leader. I have always found the charge to be quite boring.
Zwei Shonagon chapter 20 . 7/30/2009
You haven't updated in a while, but I just wanted to let you know I find this story very fascinating!

The character development is indeed a bit slow for my taste, but it's still wonderfully dense. I loved how you incorporated the recent canon into the story, despite the fact you started writing this before the whole arc about Itachi and Madara was revealed.

Lots of luck,

aixyutin
shadow heart chapter 6 . 5/30/2009
sweet! i love it!so far so good! i guess ill finish reading this fic today!
IVIaedhros chapter 20 . 4/30/2009
Needless amounts of smut aside, this was quite an entertaining thriller. Excellent job showing all of these screwed up mind-states and weaving it into cannon. I'm particularly impressed with Orochimaru and Sasuke as both characters tend to attract bad fic's like flies.
Amrun chapter 20 . 3/29/2009
I have greatly enjoyed this story up to this point, despite its grievous grammatical errors. I love that everything is not easy, and the realistic complication of the relationships.

Some things, however, do miss the mark; for example, I feel that Sasuke and Hinata's relationship progresses too quickly. That's simply a matter of opinion, though. You seem to realize that it is quite fast, but openly acknowledging a weakness doesn't make it any less weak.

You have a really unique view of the characters, and I have loved exploring them with you. I hope for an update soon.
ww chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
I'm amazed at how much you put in this chapter. The flashes of Sasuke's experiences in Sound were very chilling and they're giving a good look into his head. I am curious what happened, and I like how you're letting us discover it bit by bit along with him.

The parts looking at the Hyuga family dynamics are also very interesting. I like how you've captured it in an intermediate state, in the process of changing. Hinata seeing her sister and cousin as once "lost in their own lonely orbits" (beautiful phrase, by the way), and now slowly coming closer, though not quite there yet. That yes, the family has problems, but at the same time, there's something worth saving in the family (that their retainers are so loyal says something, and that Hiashi is bit by bit changing).
ww chapter 7 . 3/22/2009
Yet another very good chapter. Here, we have some explanation of Sasuke (he's compartmentalized himself and is somewhat emotionally damaged, so he probably doesn't understand what he's doing himself), and he gets to try to figure out the consequences of his decision.

I also liked the bit of backstory on Hinata and Sasuke's families, and then the parallel at the end with the darkened house. You keep on tying the two families together in interesting ways.
ww chapter 6 . 3/22/2009
I like your use of point of view in this passage. By putting this key moment in Hinata's perspective, it leaves open what drove Sasuke to this decision for future chapters. I do wonder what did cause him to decide this, since for Hinata (and thus the reader), it does seem a bit out of the blue.

I do like the ending bit, though. A little bit of humor (I'm not trying to kill out) and some hope (If you want to, then I'm willing).
ww chapter 5 . 3/22/2009
I did like this chapter a lot. I liked how Sasuke was finding traces of his family in the Hyuga. It explains partly why perhaps the Hyuga are interested in helping him out, and why he's finding himself interested in staying.

And the word play with be aware/beware at the end was quite clever.
ww chapter 3 . 3/19/2009
I like Miya a lot. She's very no-nonsense, but does it while not losing track of the intangibles like emotion.

You've also written some nice character interactions as well in this chapter. The scene with Shikamaru was funny, as was everything with Hanabi.
ww chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
I like how this story is starting. Hinata being a mother-like figure to Hanabi was cute, and it was nice to see a better relationship with her father, as well. (It shows that the Hyuga are changing, even if slowly).

And I like the bit contrasting her and Lee's teaching styles. Very cute.
chibismiles5266 chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Ooh, that was so nice. Ive been searching for a sasu/hina fic. Finally, Ive found something good. :)
missciel chapter 20 . 1/25/2009
I'm in love with this story! It's beautiful, believable, and intriguing. I've never been interested in Sasuhina but your story is realistic and I can imagine it. I think your fic is the best Naruto fic I've read, and I'm so glad its for one of the less popular pairings. Everything is so rich and detailed and the characters are so believable.. thanks for writing this! :) Can't wait to see what happens next!
LucyAdair chapter 20 . 12/30/2008
Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy this fic. I've come back to it multiple times, and I think it's one of the best I've ever read. You have a deep understanding of the characters and what motivates them, and I like how you darkened Sasuke's past further with all that went on between him and Orochimaru. It does seem to be a bit of a subtext in the manga. Your take on Hinata and her family is good too. People so often write her as the essence of goodness, all sweetness and light or as suddenly becoming self assured and confident in the blink of an eye. I won't even go into the stutter. She isn't extreme at all, and I think you've written her wonderfully. The only criticism (it's probably not even worth mentioning, but I don't just want to give a review that sounds like some sort of worship) is that I saw Hinata's father dying a mile off.

But definitely one of the best fnafictions I have ever read, and the best SasuHina.

You wouldn't have any SasuHina recommendations would you? They are my current obsessions.
ms. cornerMan chapter 20 . 12/15/2008
wow! that's all I can say. it's a fantastic no, it's a great story. I haven't read anything this good for quite sometime now. dealing with emotions, matured characters and a whole different kind of plot I say!

I hope you still keep on updating this fic! if I can manage to make a story, I'll be willing to share or even give it to you!

I'll make this one of my favorites!
236 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »