Reviews for Kinship
EagleJarl chapter 5 . 4/16
Awwww, end of the line. :( It doesn't say complete, but I suppose this is a reasonable place to end. I'll go see if there's more among your other stuff.

Having Inara come back as a non-Companion feels like a copout but, yeah. Probably the only way it could work. I've really enjoyed the views we've had inside Jayne and River's heads - Jayne with his "girl film are worse than mildew for getting inside things" and River with her "stone man" and colors and textures. Both very engaging, both very true to canon.

I hope you have more.
EagleJarl chapter 3 . 4/16
Yep, I too want to be there when Jayne falls in love. And if it ends up that he falls for River in a few years...that would be hysterical, and sweet, and oddly plausible.

It's nice to see Jayne being portrayed as something other than a comic relief that shoots things. You've done a good job humanizing him; thanks for writing this.
EagleJarl chapter 1 . 4/16
Yay for more Jayne-being-sweet and NotCrazyRiver!

Simon's non-reaction to Inara, and her appreciation of it, was a nice touch. I imagine that's exactly how she would feel - like it was tremendously relaxing. Pity they didn't connect more earlier; it would have been good for her and she might have helped him smooth his manners and ask Kaylee out.

Bratty River is cute, and I'm really glad I'm not the one who has to deal with her. Jayne is also surprisingly smart - "why force her out of the hold? She's safe, she'll come out on her own". Indeed. Are you paying attention, Simon? There's a lot of lessons you could learn here.

I'm looking forward to more of this.
Mendip123 chapter 1 . 4/1
I am enjoying your writing soooo much! Really well characterised and great use of language, funny (I've been laughing out loud) - I feel like I'm watching an episode. It's also such a relief to just be able to read and enjoy with no spellings/typos or crazy punctuation distracting me from the story. Can't wait to keep reading.
TheCauldron chapter 5 . 3/18
This story made me melt. :) and you have a real gift with words. I love the way you string them together in these innocuous little sentences that make you blink, pause, then cackle madly. :)
Spirix chapter 5 . 3/17
Beautiful continuation.

Rix
TC chapter 5 . 11/21/2013
Very good series so far but this insistence of referring to River as a child is infuriating. She's 17 not 7, if the next part is supposed to involve a romantic sub-plot, having one of the key characters treated like a child is not a good pre-amble to it. It's just creepy.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/26/2013
I don't know if you're still writing Firefly fanfic, but I just wanted to say that I loved reading this! It really held true to the characters. I'll have to check out your other stories.
Jaycie Victory chapter 5 . 7/14/2013
Love how well you speak in all the crew's voices. But my favourite is how you treat River and Jayne. So much fun to see how their relationship develops. So much fun to see the strings being tied and becoming steel cords ;-)
Vanna chapter 5 . 6/14/2013
Thank you so much for writing this EXCELLENT story! I am enjoying the series so much! I wouldn't have imagined that Jayne and River could get along so well but you made the story and dialogue so believable and in-character! This and "Two Gorram Days" are some of the most endearing stories I've read!
MaddAlice chapter 5 . 1/29/2013
Loved this one as well, they're so well done :)
Aurilia chapter 2 . 1/11/2013
'The Captain Has His Head Up His Pigu' - I'm tempted to write it, if you haven't already.
ahbuggrit chapter 5 . 10/15/2012
Love the crew interactions in this chapter as well :) It's very well-written and you portray the characters rather faithfully :)
I do enjoy reading Jayne and River's relationship as it progresses and grows
kurtainkid chapter 3 . 8/24/2012
So I always feel dumb reviewing something posted so long ago, and maybe its the alcohol I was drinking but I laughed for like 5 minutes over your "Mal's killed people and knows how. You've never committed suicide and would probably bungle it." Love it. Good work on the story.
butchinthestreets chapter 5 . 8/11/2012
I like the colors you've had River perceive.