Reviews for Kinship
Unidentified chapter 5 . 6/3
Hmm. I presume this is the eponymous 'nail'?
Unidentified chapter 3 . 6/2
Just realized I had yet to review. This series has been my first real experience with Firefly, and it has been very good so far.
frak-all chapter 5 . 5/17
inara and family and stars in my eyes

frak-all chapter 4 . 5/17
character development that just makes me smile and smile and smile
frak-all chapter 3 . 5/17
everyone is so in-character it literally hurts. like, the yearning kind of hurt. what i would have given for this all to be filmed.
frak-all chapter 2 . 5/17
bless this story
Astronomy Knut chapter 1 . 4/22
just like another episode! very enjoyable
Kindle-the-Stars chapter 5 . 11/12/2015
Dawwww, so cute :)
Again, really well written - I'm loving where you're going with this and your links to the canon!
chuffed4angst chapter 5 . 10/14/2015
I love what you've done for Jayne and River here. Jayne's simplicity and practicality help River find a little order. And nurturing a new little sister gives Jayne a little taste of the home where he was more than a murderous bully. Win-win. And a lovely read. Thanks!
amr56 chapter 5 . 5/31/2015
This was well-written and a pleasure to read. I really like how you write the characters, and the relationships you describe are very interesting. I always wondered why Inara and Simon didn't talk more, since they have some things in common, and I like how you are developing that relationship. Thanks for sharing.
Separate Entity chapter 1 . 4/14/2015
This is great! I love the Simon/River dynamic. And, of course, Mal's reactions are funny.
Honorthecreed chapter 5 . 5/4/2014
I must say, I've written a few stories myself, but this one intrigues me more than any other that I've read. I've been going for a few hours now, and I love this story, it's better than most books. You are a fantastic author and I hope you keep up the good work. You portray all of the characters extremely accurately, especially River. I don't think I could write anything near as good as this. I'll now commence reading Part III.
EagleJarl chapter 5 . 4/16/2014
Awwww, end of the line. :( It doesn't say complete, but I suppose this is a reasonable place to end. I'll go see if there's more among your other stuff.

Having Inara come back as a non-Companion feels like a copout but, yeah. Probably the only way it could work. I've really enjoyed the views we've had inside Jayne and River's heads - Jayne with his "girl film are worse than mildew for getting inside things" and River with her "stone man" and colors and textures. Both very engaging, both very true to canon.

I hope you have more.
EagleJarl chapter 3 . 4/16/2014
Yep, I too want to be there when Jayne falls in love. And if it ends up that he falls for River in a few years...that would be hysterical, and sweet, and oddly plausible.

It's nice to see Jayne being portrayed as something other than a comic relief that shoots things. You've done a good job humanizing him; thanks for writing this.
EagleJarl chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
Yay for more Jayne-being-sweet and NotCrazyRiver!

Simon's non-reaction to Inara, and her appreciation of it, was a nice touch. I imagine that's exactly how she would feel - like it was tremendously relaxing. Pity they didn't connect more earlier; it would have been good for her and she might have helped him smooth his manners and ask Kaylee out.

Bratty River is cute, and I'm really glad I'm not the one who has to deal with her. Jayne is also surprisingly smart - "why force her out of the hold? She's safe, she'll come out on her own". Indeed. Are you paying attention, Simon? There's a lot of lessons you could learn here.

I'm looking forward to more of this.