Reviews for The Lesson
Zanza Flux chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
This was pretty good. I could see him loosing his temper with her one day and doing this. Although, I think she mellowed out after the De-Stablizer episode...mainly because she set her sights on Vlad.

It would be nice to see a sequel to find out if his lesson worked. I could see Valerie still hunting ghosts behind her father's back, but every time she sees Phantom, she has nothing to say to him. She probably takes off, leaving him alone just like he wanted. Whether he'll like that outcome or not would be up to you. I like to think that in the beginning, he'll like the fact that she's not attacking him anymore...but after awhile, she completely stops speaking to him and doesn't want to be in the same air space as him...might irk him just a little bit.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Not a bad little fic, although Valerie seemed to be a little more willing to listen in the third season (especially after D-stabilized). However, I have to say I rather enjoyed this. I think it would have had a stronger ending if you would have put something in from Valerie. Either a short sentence or two about her calling Vlad to get a new suit (although I got the impression that the suit was more or less a part of her now), or her sitting on her bed in the dark looking at the pictures of phantom on the wall. I mean, let us know if it did get through or not and I think it would be much stronger as an ending.
LoneMoon chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
This is really good... I'd be interested in seeing a sequel someday, about Valerie's reaction... even if only a small one. There aren't enough fics like this... Valerie's obsessiveness and narrow-mindedness has always annoyed me, and I think it's about time Danny got round to showing her how helpless she really is against him... if he ever wanted to hurt her that is.
Wintermoth chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
It could've been more, yes, but considering I'm stuck alone on Christmas Eve and I'm bored as hell...this was very time consuming and amusing Yay!
BlackRoseFire chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Interesting one-shot. I liked how Danny handled Valerie.
Miriam1 chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Wow. This is a very nice portrayal. I can see Danny getting frustrated and actually teaching Valerie the lesson.

I AM glad that you remembered, as Danny said that he would not be holding back, to amend that statement, as Danny is right: as time goes on, he HAS gotten a lot stronger.

It was kind and very much like Danny to not only tell Damien about Valerie, but to actually free Valerie himself.

I hope Valerie learned her lesson.

This was very well done. Thank you for that.

Sincerely,

Miriam
Chrizzie1 chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
I must say I rather enjoyed reading this
DreamaDove93 chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
that was aactually a really good fic and i can actually see that happening, i'm adding this to my faves
Zarz chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
This story is really good - Valerie definitely needs a lesson. You're right the ending is a bit weak; perhaps you could add an epilogue about Valerie and Phantom meeting a few days later and Valerie's reaction. Currently, the story just hangs there, and we have no idea how she's going to react. Besides that, though, I love the story! Great work, and I hope you continue writing fanfiction for a long time!
magpie8spook chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
I didn't review this story? Wow. I love this. It's great, you're great, the world of Fanfiction loves you. And no, the ending isn't really weak. I don't think Danny should have talked to Valerie after that, but the rest is brillant. I thought I favourited this long ago; better do that now. Seriously, you're great at this. Writing is definitely one of your things. Don't even give me a "But really I suck". I don't want to hear it. You're awesome; remember it.
ghostanimal chapter 1 . 12/15/2006
Pretty good!
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
Good job here! Nice speech from Danny to Valerie.

Keep the good writing.
Chaos Dragon chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
for a first foray, it's not bad at all. hope you make more forays, you're on my alerts list. :D

~cd
Epona Harper chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
Dude! I've been inspiration!

Well, I do like to moonlight as an Evil Muse (TM). I'll have to add you to my client list.

Adding my praise to what's come before. Great capturing of character voices. And it's nice to show Danny maturing a little as well as finally reaching the end of his rope as far as Val is concerned.

I'm not sure if you can really call that ending "weak", though. Yeah, it wasn't a resounding conclusion with trumpets playing in the background, but it is an accurate portrayal of how such incidents end with Danny-boy. (i.e. Him getting in trouble with adults who are clueless as to his real issues.)

Eagerly awaiting your next. :)
Invader Johnny chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
Well, they all seemed rather IC throught the story so I really don't see any kind of flaw in the writting.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.