Reviews for K2 Keitaro Urashima: The Crimson Daylights
HarimaHige chapter 13 . 1/2/2011
I read this story the whole day. Just great. Im looking forward to read A View of a Truth.
ace8488 chapter 13 . 2/1/2007
Holy cow! You just keep cranking out the good stuff! A View of a Truth looks like it is going to be amazing.

Good Luck _
pcy-623 chapter 13 . 1/31/2007
o, mysterious

please keep writing

everyhing you've wrote so far has been amazing
Vilkath chapter 13 . 1/30/2007
Preview of the next story looks interesting, informative and a little confusing. Look forward to seeing how you tie all those alternate dimension type things together. Especially look forward to the angry goddess about the dead angel. Going back to established plot from the first story is nice. Crimson daylights was great.. but it sort of ignored the past K2 stories events for the most part.
Tiger Tank chapter 12 . 1/28/2007
Hm...

I've been reading these K2 fics. Very, very interesting. It's very cloak-and-dagger - I find such stories quite intriguing, mainly because I can't come up with such story-lines and plots to save my life. For some odd reason, I feel like this is a mix of Yu Yu Hakushou and some of the better James Bond movies. I haven't seen Casino Royale, though. XP

I feel I must point out a couple of...flaws...I've noticed to be rather consistent in all of your fics (all the way from the beginning of the K2 series). And I'm not talking about the typos, the spelling errors, nor the grammatical errors - those are all relatively minor.

I must say I'm surprised to find such errors when your vocabulary range is quite impressive.

Anyway, the major (in my humble opinion) things are:

1) Characters keep saying "mines" when they mean "mine". "Mines" the plural form of an explosive device that often detonates upon contact (examples: water mines, land mines,...). Or it could be the plural form of a series of tunnels in which metals and minerals are extracted from beneath the Earth's surface (example: diamond mines, coal mines,...).

2) Tenses constantly keep changing between past and present. Please stick to one tense. If you're unsure of the present-tense form or past-tense form of a word, I highly suggest you look it up in a dictionary.

Some things I wanted to inquire about. You don't have to respond, as it's partially just me venting a bit.

First: Why are they all toting guns? Actually: _how_ can they be toting firearms? Japan currently has a gun ban in place. I don't think they'd be able to own such things - not unless they were government agents. And even if they did have 'em (firearms, I mean), the shooting would definitely attract a lot of attention - something I don't imagine a covert operative would want.

Second: why is Keitaro toting a Heckler und Koch USP tactical? If I'm not mistaken, the threaded barrel for the suppressor is illegal even in the United States (it's illegal for a non-sworn citizen, anyway). Furthermore, what is it chambered in? I would imagine that the .40 S&W and the .45 ACP rounds would be out of the question - only Americans tend to use such cartridges. Europeans (and probably the rest of the world) seem to think that the nine-millimeter and even the shoddy .380 ACP are suitable for stopping a human being. My point? Ammunition would probably be hard to come by. Then again, the ammunition isn't conventional and they seem to have a steady supply, anyway. So I guess I could understand his owning a weapon chambered in .45 ACP or .40 S&W.

Third: Why a USP? I would think that such agents (especially in Japan) would use handguns like the Sig P226, the P239, the P228, et cetera. SIGs are very nice pistols, from what little I know. Plus, the Japanese Ground Self Defense Forces issue the P226, if I'm not mistaken. It's usually cheaper to issue the same weapons and the same ammo and such - instead of a hodgepodge assortment of weapons and ammo. That's usually the way the government works (the American government does, at least). And, again, I seriously wonder whether or not Keitaro would have been able to buy his own service weapon - particularly a USP.

I'm actually a little surprised (ironically, I'm a little impressed, too) that you didn't have Keitaro roll with a Glock. They're reliable enough, allegedly affordable (compared to other automatic handguns), and I hear they've got acceptable accuracy. Glocks are more rugged than a USP, for sure.

From what I hear, though, Heckler und Koch guns tend to be a little overrated. Sure, they're pretty good-quality guns. But I wonder if people are exaggerating, a bit.

Admittedly, I've seen a clip on the history channel of an XM8 (which is based on the Heckler und Koch G36) being fired immediately after being pulled out of a hole in the ground - buried under dirt and leaves and stuff. That's reliability! XD Too bad the project was canceled...

Okay. I think that's enough of my rambling.

Tiger Tank
Major Mike Powell III chapter 12 . 1/28/2007
(Whistles) Helluva showdown, son.

Nice work. That's all I can say.

I SPECIALLY liked the ending. XD Nice lime scene...and also, very disturbing finale.

So, Shinata'll be back, huh? Interesting.

Good work, soldier.

Vilkath chapter 12 . 1/28/2007
Glad to see another case solved, even if it left more questions open then answers. I can't wait until the next K2 story. Hopefuly it will answer some questions about Keitaro that you brought up in this one. About his strong spirtual powers.. his destiny and what not. All in all I think this was Keitaro's easiest chapter. He didn't even get shot in the leg or anything hehe.
Vilkath chapter 10 . 1/17/2007
Just call Keitaro Macgyver, he gets captured enoughp Poor guy losing to bunch humans after with vampires and sucbus. Of course those weights never helped matters.

As always look forward to the next chapter. I kind hope to see an end to this some time. I think the K2 stories were a little better before Laryl became such a dominte figure.
Ausare chapter 1 . 1/17/2007
You piss me off for reasons I can't be bothered to list.

I think I'll go self-immolate now to purge myself of the evil presence of this self-insert.
J. Carax chapter 10 . 1/17/2007
NO! LAHARL'S TOO BADASS TO BE CAPTURED!

Awesome story though, Lovin it. D
pcy-623 chapter 9 . 1/10/2007
please keep writing!

know that there are people out there who love your story
Major Mike Powell III chapter 9 . 1/7/2007
Ryoko? What IS she doin' here? XD

Geez, soldier. This is getting crazier by the second.

Well, dunno what to say now, except for good work.

Let's see what'cha got under that sleeve of yours.

pcy-623 chapter 8 . 1/3/2007
Great fic

thx for writing good fighting scenes and steamy scenes, lol

please keep writing
Major Mike Powell III chapter 8 . 1/1/2007
Well, well, soldier...

Nice work.

Cool fightin' scene. Yeah, real cool. But dude...just how the FUCK did Laharl learn the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu? XD

Man, Laharl and his daughter get REAL along, huh? And Laharl has a "wife"! Interesting.

And what a nice kinda rumors K2 has around'im, huh?

Let's see what's up now.

IWhoWouldLoveHerForever chapter 8 . 12/30/2006
A Pirates moment?

Score!

The fic's good, I hope it keeps going strong!