Reviews for He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
amyblair chapter 11 . 4/1/2009
This is really a great story. I'm a nurse and I dig all the 'field medicine' you stab at in this. The enema? Oh, my favorite part. Hee.

I loved the incoherent Dean in this. The in and out of "is Dad okay?" and Sam just saying "yes" at certain points because what else could he do?

I thought Ash having the pot was hilarious and fitting and I adored Dr. Bates reaction to it and how a 95 year old guy had to talk Sam into being okay with it.

Fun and gross and entertaining! Thanks for sharing!
clk chapter 11 . 3/15/2009
This story was hard to read, and is good evidence that there ought to be a warning for "character pain", or something to that effect. Of course, this is also a reflection of how well and vividly written it is. Similarly, my frustration showed me just how in-character everyone was. I don't think I'll be rereading this anytime soon, but it's a powerful piece of fiction. Kudos.
shesamonster chapter 11 . 2/16/2009
Holy crap! This was amazing. Just...amazing. I can't think of any words that could really encompass how well written & just plain awesome this fic was, from the very beginning to the very end. Every detail was so carefully thought out; the effort in this fic is remarkable.

Again, amazing job, & thanks for writing this! :)
TheKritty chapter 11 . 2/15/2009
Aw, wow, I love thiy story, I so freakin' love it! Just the thought of Sam doing a surgery on Dean...I really love the idea and somewhere I've written (just a few minutes ago for your other story.) that I really like your style of writing, to show Dean's and also Sammy's feelings, thoughts and...yeah, you know what I mean.

Go on writing these stories, they're awesome!

Kritty *wave*
hitchcock-starlet chapter 6 . 12/8/2008
Brutal... Sam has to take out Dean's appendix? That's so wrong! I really like the doctor you've created. He's a fun character.
Bloody-Katie chapter 11 . 12/5/2008
I shouldn't have found this story, it consumed several hours of my homework and college time! It was brilliant and pushed my love of hurt/comfort to its limits.

Could have done without the enema, I appreciated every other painful detail, but I'm kinda traumatized about that part of the chapter. I just really don't like that stuff and now when I remember the story I can't seem to forget about it.

Your medical knowledge was fantastic, I assume you had help or know this stuff? If you didn't, I totally bought whatever you said!

Sam was done wonderfully and I liked the wrap up of him feeling proud of everything in the end. I even found myself caring about the OC characters, not an easy feat! Good job!

I can't believe after all that, Dean couldn't stay in the hospital! ARgh poor Dean! Thank you for not crashing the helicopter, my laptop would have gone flying across the room in frustration. I was already freaking out when he woke up on the table. I really liked the line about Dean being afraid to fly even after he survived surgery in a kitchen. I also liked the wording of Dean's pov when he was nearly gone, I haven't quite seen it done like that. I laughed at the doctor looking dumbfounded at Ash's offer of marijuana. "You wear your gut on your sleeve" is a fantastic line.

Your attention to certain details make me a little uneasy compared to other authors, but your storytelling is great. I look forward to more of your stories!
hitchcock-starlet chapter 5 . 12/5/2008
Aw the scene where Dean was talking to his father... so sad. I was getting so mad at Sam, tricking him like that! I guess it wasn't really his fault though, but still...
hitchcock-starlet chapter 4 . 12/5/2008
*shudder* I've had to witness appendicitis before, it's a scary thing! I definitely didn't see it coming though. Damn Dean and his heroics! I really loved the following lines:

“I’m fine.” It was so easy to lie to Sam.

“You look like hell.” And so easy for Sam to see right through it.

Perfect. :)
hitchcock-starlet chapter 3 . 12/5/2008
I wish Dean would hurry up and take care of himself already. He's going to end up hurting himself even more. I like Ellen in this story. Concerned but still completely in control. Nice.
hitchcock-starlet chapter 2 . 12/5/2008
Oh I was waiting for Dean to fall off the roof the whole time... stupid guy, needs to not push himself so hard! I loved the argument that they had in this chapter. It was so raw, so real. I definitely could picture something like this happening after John's death.
hitchcock-starlet chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Aww poor Dean, all getting ill and stuff... You've set a really awesome atmosphere for your tale so far. I like the relationship between all the characters you've discussed and look forward to reading more!
Leighta Greenleaf chapter 11 . 11/3/2008
Aww... Poor Dean. Poor Sam.

Great story.
Midnight Tennyo chapter 11 . 9/11/2008
Okay, that was intense. Maybe it's because it's 4:30 in the morning or maybe it's because I'm feverish and sick with the stomach flu (right, read a fanfic about puking and guts and blood when you're sick. Hey, maybe it adds to the experience, you know, sympathizing a little with the characters?), but this really drew me in in a way few things have. A big part of it was how real it seemed, like when you described Sam's experience when he had to do the surgery, how he kind of floated in and out in a dazed "omg, please don't let this be happening." Anyone can write that, but you did a pretty good job of showing it (show, don't tell, etc). I liked the part when you were saying how he wanted to be anywhere but there (running into traffic was the only example I can remember)-that's totally how it feels. I was really impressed with the incredible detail that went into the description of the surgery! Holy crap! How the heck did you learn all this stuff? (Please, tell me because I need the reference for my own writing!) Things that shatter the illusion and can ruin a story for me are when people make glaring medical errors that are easy to spot if you've taken a first aid 101 course, and you had me convinced. I also liked that Dean wasn't suddenly better, that it actually took him a little while to recover, which is another peeve of mine. You have no idea how happy that makes me, especially since you said something like hurting is nowhere near as fun as the cure (sorry, my brain is fried). Aside from very personal, rather... awkward situations for Dean, this was really fun to read. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to lie down and look at the ceiling.
Midnight Tennyo chapter 8 . 9/11/2008
OMG! The suspense is driving me crazy! But in such a good way too! And the surgery is so convincing too! Much kudos to you.
TuckerCat chapter 10 . 8/18/2008
I really enjoyed the story. I like the strength of the relationship that you convey. The bond is what does it for me. Always wanted that for myself.
1,057 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »