Reviews for He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
hitchcock-starlet chapter 4 . 12/5/2008
*shudder* I've had to witness appendicitis before, it's a scary thing! I definitely didn't see it coming though. Damn Dean and his heroics! I really loved the following lines:

“I’m fine.” It was so easy to lie to Sam.

“You look like hell.” And so easy for Sam to see right through it.

Perfect. :)
hitchcock-starlet chapter 3 . 12/5/2008
I wish Dean would hurry up and take care of himself already. He's going to end up hurting himself even more. I like Ellen in this story. Concerned but still completely in control. Nice.
hitchcock-starlet chapter 2 . 12/5/2008
Oh I was waiting for Dean to fall off the roof the whole time... stupid guy, needs to not push himself so hard! I loved the argument that they had in this chapter. It was so raw, so real. I definitely could picture something like this happening after John's death.
hitchcock-starlet chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Aww poor Dean, all getting ill and stuff... You've set a really awesome atmosphere for your tale so far. I like the relationship between all the characters you've discussed and look forward to reading more!
Leighta Greenleaf chapter 11 . 11/3/2008
Aww... Poor Dean. Poor Sam.

Great story.
Midnight Tennyo chapter 11 . 9/11/2008
Okay, that was intense. Maybe it's because it's 4:30 in the morning or maybe it's because I'm feverish and sick with the stomach flu (right, read a fanfic about puking and guts and blood when you're sick. Hey, maybe it adds to the experience, you know, sympathizing a little with the characters?), but this really drew me in in a way few things have. A big part of it was how real it seemed, like when you described Sam's experience when he had to do the surgery, how he kind of floated in and out in a dazed "omg, please don't let this be happening." Anyone can write that, but you did a pretty good job of showing it (show, don't tell, etc). I liked the part when you were saying how he wanted to be anywhere but there (running into traffic was the only example I can remember)-that's totally how it feels. I was really impressed with the incredible detail that went into the description of the surgery! Holy crap! How the heck did you learn all this stuff? (Please, tell me because I need the reference for my own writing!) Things that shatter the illusion and can ruin a story for me are when people make glaring medical errors that are easy to spot if you've taken a first aid 101 course, and you had me convinced. I also liked that Dean wasn't suddenly better, that it actually took him a little while to recover, which is another peeve of mine. You have no idea how happy that makes me, especially since you said something like hurting is nowhere near as fun as the cure (sorry, my brain is fried). Aside from very personal, rather... awkward situations for Dean, this was really fun to read. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to lie down and look at the ceiling.
Midnight Tennyo chapter 8 . 9/11/2008
OMG! The suspense is driving me crazy! But in such a good way too! And the surgery is so convincing too! Much kudos to you.
TuckerCat chapter 10 . 8/18/2008
I really enjoyed the story. I like the strength of the relationship that you convey. The bond is what does it for me. Always wanted that for myself.
V.R. Jennings chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
Very good and very well written. Love hurt Dean. Keep up the good work!
Stargate Groupie chapter 11 . 7/15/2008
This story was amazing! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, what an exciting read! You are very talented!
Sharon chapter 11 . 7/11/2008
Yep - great story. I really enjoyed it.

There were 2 things though that annoyed me. 1) You used the line 'Let them put you out of your misery' a couple of times & when I read this it just sounds so wrong. I would put an animal out of its misery if they were sick or dying. That phrase would never be said in such a way in reality. 2) Sam's shock horror of the suggestion to use marijuana. He wouldn't be so against it. He would be more questioning, wanting to find out how it could help.

Great story though, read in 1 sitting. Will now check out your other work.
piquitv chapter 11 . 3/26/2008
wow, this is a masterpiece, it's perfect, i love hurt dean and... well, sometimes you were really mean with him, he he, but everything was perfect. thanks so much for the story, really, it's one of the best i've ever read. :)
lucym chapter 11 . 3/19/2008
Fantastic!

What a thrill-ride! I loved this story so much... I'm actually tired after reading it. You took so much out of me, LOL! That's a great thing though, awesome work! :)
Stoneage Woman chapter 11 . 2/14/2008
Again, wow. One of the best stories I've read in a good long while. Are you planning to right anymore, soon?
TeacherTam chapter 11 . 2/8/2008
Hey, I know this sounds like a lame excuse, but I honestly don't have time to comment on every chapter, or even to leave a good comment on this beautiful ending to a wonderful story.

I absolutely have to get to bed, right now, and-as it is-I had to skim sections of the story (which ticks me off, 'cause it's so good, so I'm definitely going to come back and re-read, later, to get it all), so I can't really leave the kind of comment that I like to.

So I'll just have to say this:

Oh.

My.

Goodness.

Talk about intense!

From the very beginning, you had me sucked in, just along for the ride. I couldn't look away.

It was amazing.

And, as the daughter of an RN, very well done, medically speaking. :)

I don't know how I missed this, before now, nor can I say with any degree of certainty how I stumbled across it, now. But I'm surely glad that I did.

The bond between the brothers, the way they each struggled to help the other, the way Dean was tortured when he woke up during the surgery (holy CRAP!)...

It was all amazing.

Thank you.

This is going on my "favorite stories" list. And I'm definitely going to have to check out the other stories that you've written.

Because you?

Are really good at this.

And I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us. For me. :)

Thank you.