Reviews for PATO
Kerowyn6 chapter 6 . 11/11/2013
That was a great story!
Kerowyn6 chapter 3 . 11/11/2013
Which "GO" button? :P
This is great! I wish it was still going!
Kerowyn6 chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
Great! Can't wait to read more!
CarrieVS chapter 6 . 5/16/2010
Not half bad, all things considered.

Extra points for finishing, a rare achievement.

It seems i was completely wrong about the title; I get the impression you deliberately wrote it in capitals to make people think it was an acronym.

Carrot and Angua are a bit out of character, but they're not flat, which is more important. Vimes is good and Vetinari better than most writers can manage. He's very difficult to do.

Plot was very good for a short story.

Pretty well written, except the point I made in my last review. I would like to add that I didn't mean I think you're stupid, in fact the quality of your writing suggests the contrary. But also to add that using interesting sounding words isn't always a good thing even if you do know what they mean: fine in narrative, but in speech, consider if the character would say that. Both of these are very common and unfortunate temptations which all too many writers fall prey to. Although anyone writing in a second language is completely forgiven.
CarrieVS chapter 2 . 5/16/2010
Not bad so far, except for one thing:

Write out one hundred times: 'Words under the same heading in a thesaurus are not nessessarily interchangeable and I should not use them if I don't know what they mean because it makes me look stupid.'

There is no excuse. Unless you are writing in a second language.

As for the title, all I can think of is some reference to NATO, although I don't know what on Disc PA would stand for.
Heptagon chapter 2 . 4/20/2007
Heh, Carrot was fun with his 'It is an unusually big exhibition, sir!' And Vimes' desk.. I'd say it's probably messier than mine, but then again, I do have a mouse on it, too. Well, at least I know it's there. ;)
Heptagon chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
Aww, poor Vimes. Although, Vetinari playing with him actually is fun. :D Poor Drumknott then. Of course, he does get to see Vimes' face at everything he tells him, but I have a feeling he won't consider it a privilege. :P Nice beginning.
ihadanepiphany chapter 6 . 3/14/2007
That was nicely wrapped up, both the story and the unusual name for it. Well done. Not the stabbing yourself and breaking own thumb parts (how did you manage that one?)well done on the story. Yeah thats what i meant. Id like to see more from you but not if its at the cost of your limbs, so please be careful in future and hopefully youll be able to write a fic entitled "tíolacadh ghrásta Dé" which is "gift of grace" in Irish ;-.
cutie-akane chapter 6 . 2/18/2007
thnx a lot for the perfect chappie. I'll wait to see your next story...

and u wonder where i got the idea to call u clumsy?, plz spare me!

i think everyone that might know u knows this for a fact...lol

but we still love u a lot.

muaks
Big Cat chapter 6 . 2/17/2007
BTK, BTK...

That was something really good. I couldn't describe what I feel right now, because I am... little disapointed, (but it's all my fault, I expect too much from people), but what you wrote was really... how was the word... ah, yes - Perfect. I know what you might say now - flattering, no meaning... You would be wrong.

Having great expectations puts you in a position been quite surprised, when the actions you have expected are different that your expectations. But sometimes (like this moment) they are better than you have thought they would be.

Meanwile, I am really sorry for your injures, it is awful, I know what you have experienced. Once on the stage one of my actors had the same problem. Gladly, the public thought it was a part of the play. I hope the film was great (not hoping, I know it was, no doubts in you).

Great story. Great end. Proud with you.
MJ MOD chapter 5 . 2/17/2007
I'm sure Vetinari knew about the plot. That man is much too bright. Altough he needs to be for governing Ankh Morpork!
MJ MOD chapter 6 . 2/17/2007
Ah! No one can is better than Vetinari at plotting! He's even doing plots inside plots! Did he suggest in some way to the Ambassador that the torture would be done to him? One thing sure, Vetinari has done something to Lord Outrepasse.

Stop shooting films or you'll end up shooting yourself. Hugs to you and Sanny!
cutie-akane chapter 5 . 2/1/2007
..I'm posting the review now, pretending to be surprise at the results,so HA. lol. sorry *just a bit hyper*...

why wud that be?

chocolate

lol..thats the only thing left for you to make this story more "thrillin"...chocolate

hihihi

gee, u dont think so?

too bad for you

hahaha...it funny to quote u, actually

lmao with the story..as always!

'till later
Big Cat chapter 5 . 2/1/2007
I like it! Very clever and politically enriched chapter. I like that even more!

Especially the 'anger management classes at the Dwarf Bread Museum' part. Vimes there? (evel laughter)

And Nobby with the soap lesson... Great! I just want to see what will happen to Nobby, I mean will he EVER use it?

And about the ambassador... Well, it's well known fact that the best governmental people are sent to the worst and hardest positions. And in the DW there is no worst political position than Ankh-Morpork. Of course the ambassador is a threat to the king. He want ro get rid of him (perhaps) by the best way of all the ways (remember 'Jingo' and the clatchian ptince).

Am I right?
ihadanepiphany chapter 4 . 1/22/2007
Wot? Youre leaving it hanging like that? This is very good, want more soon! Gotta run