Reviews for Long Road Home
Olaf74 chapter 7 . 5/6/2010
*removes his Jaw from the floor*

BLOODY HELL!

You are full of surprises! In the positive turn i mean.

Please continue the story very very soon.
kelwin chapter 7 . 4/3/2010
Hi good fic i like it a lot. it is nice to see a fic where harry has skill and is working to learn beond the normal school books. also i like the petrail of everyone against harry and the growing friendship with him and dumbledore. can't wait for the rest!
sbmcneil chapter 7 . 11/25/2009
Awesome story! I hope you plan to continue it.
Sciber Dude chapter 7 . 11/8/2009
Amazing! I love this story. Are you going to update?

:) SD
bananacupcakes chapter 7 . 10/11/2009
Please continue :)
Jitz14 chapter 7 . 6/30/2009
great story! do update! Looking forward to your next chapter!
Tmctflyboy chapter 7 . 5/13/2009
seemed like an interesting story but looks like it will be a harry/ginny and i just cant stand them together, sorry.
Evilgoddss chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
This story is brilliant! I'm very much enjoying it, and look so eagerly for further chapters! Wonderful job showing the dysfunction, and I like how you separated the Trio in their summer. Keeping Ginny / Ron / Hermione unaware of what's happened to Harry allows for a chasm between them that will require growth for heal from.
Gimlirocks chapter 7 . 5/7/2009
overall a well written piece however the not quite believable harry/ginny romance that is foreshadowed greatly detracts from the overall plot
MorgannaLeFae chapter 7 . 5/4/2009
I adore your story. I like how Harry is independent and yet still reliant on others. Ron and Hermione's behavior is understandable, but that doesn't mean that I like it :). I love the way that you write all the characters with depth. They all have confused feelings, and none of them are perfect. I love where the story is going so far. Please keep writing!
hpfan35 chapter 7 . 5/4/2009
Just caught up on your story. Wonderful. Looking forward to Harry and Ginny meeting on the train. I truly hope that the others regret their treatment of Harry.

After Harry's kidnapping, how can Ron and Hermione look at themselves in the mirror? Personally I would think that they have burned the bridge between them and Harry. True friends don't treat each other that way. I hope Harry is not quick to forgive as he has in the past. Their attitudes have gone too far this time it would seem. I mean would they forgive Harry if he treated them the same after being kidnapped, tortured and abandoned?

Looking forward to Hogwatz and many more chapters.
ArgentRoseSableWolf chapter 7 . 5/3/2009
I read this story all the way through to the end of the current chapter, despite some of my misgivings in the second chapter. I find in the end I have very mixed feelings about the story as a whole.

On the positive side, you are an excellent writer, both technically and creatively. I found your descriptive prose very compelling, your dialogue well-written, and your plot points largely well thought-out and realized. In particular, I believe your execution of Harry's increased power was much more credible than the usual Super!Harry story.

On the relationship side, though, I felt the story started to fall apart. The Ron-Hermione dynamic read like two completely original characters with the same names. Hermione's statement that Ron "was always there for her when it was important" was completely unbelievable, given that in the five books to date as of your story, he's only "been there" when dragged by Harry, and systematically denigrated or ignored her regularly. The idea that she has been pining for him just doesn't work.

Likewise, Harry's sudden interest in Ginny seems as out-of-place as it did in Half-Baked-Plot. Since he has rarely spoken to her, or even noticed her as anything other than Ron's (occasionally peculiar) little sister, the way she is suddenly in his mind so often seems very forced. As of the end of book 5, Ginny is VERY far down the list of credible love-interests, in my view. Also, Hermione's reaction to the Harry-Snape incident feels very much like the same type of cop-out Rowling used in HBP, 'push Hermione away from Harry to make way for Ginny'.

The apologetic letters to Snape and Dumbledore also seemed hard to credit. Snape has been mind-raping him for the better part of a year, and Dumbledore's actions and inactions directly led to the death of Harry's godfather, and HE'S going to apologize to THEM? Does not compute. It could be argued that Harry has been conditioned to accept blame for everything, but I felt that the view you gave us of his thought processes was too reasoned-out for that to be the cause.

On the other hand, I thought your characterization of Molly was extremely well-done. Too often she is shown in fanfiction as either a shrewish harridan, or desperate to have Harry together with Ginny. I found your portrayal of her ambivalence both to Harry and the idea of a relationship between the two of them to be both well-reasoned and well-executed.

On balance, I found your writing and story ideas compelling, but the characters were largely erratic enough to put me off the story. This was not helped by my general distaste for canon-compliant relationships, which it seems this fic is going to mirror. After the debacle of the last two books, it will be a while before I can read a Harry/Ginny romance, and I will never find Ron/Hermione anything other than ludicrous.

Good luck with your work,

Wolf
Senyor Fier Mensheir chapter 6 . 4/23/2009
The whole end of the chapter was priceless! I was lol-lmfao-etc. Write more! Please! You made my evening grand!
gaul1 chapter 6 . 4/19/2008
good chapter, enjoyed it, keep up the good work, byes
JameseMalfoy chapter 6 . 3/17/2008
Hilarious scene right there at the end. :o) I hope you update soon.