Reviews for The Scent of Winter
thegreatangsthat chapter 1 . 4/19
What a beautiful writing style. And the romance was tender and subtle. Just the perfect one shot.
TheGreatANGSTHATER chapter 1 . 4/19
Oh, sure, it is," Kagome waved his comment aside. "My feet are sore," she noted, watching Miroku begin to build a fire.

"From all the walking you didn't do?" Miroku asked, looking away from the kindling he was laying down with practiced ease.

Kagome frowned. "I walked."

Miroku appeared unconvinced.

"A little," she added. The monk chuckled and looked away. "I did walk, Miroku!" If there was one sliver buried under her skin that no tweezers could pull and no immunity overhaul could purge, it was the fear that she did not pull her own weight. In truth, Kagome knew she did not. But she thought that perhaps if she insisted with enough frequency, it might, by some twist in the cosmos, come true.

Totally out of character and untrue. In the manga Kagome cycles more often than being carried and pulls her weight so uncomplainingly that Miroku has to ask Inuyasha to stop so that she can rest because Kagome never said a word about being tired to anybody.
miss greenpeace chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Marvelous. I love it. Your way with words...and the way you picture Inuyasha's illness is very vivid and real-like. One of the quality romance on Inuyasha's fandom: elegant and very in tune with the character. This kind of story do not come often. I applaud you for the wonderful effort. Am putting it into my faves and looking forward for the next one. Great job.
Althea M chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
I enjoyed this story very much the first time I read it, long before I had the nerve to comment.

Today, as I lay about, dealing with a sinus-turned-lung congestion, this story came back to my mind. Maybe I was wishing someone could just lay hands upon me and clear this up.

This story was very warm and moving. I've always been left with the question: Does Inuyasha grow back into his former self? Or, must he learn to adapt in Kagome's time. Just a funny little question.

I truly enjoyed the story.

Thank you.

AM
a-big-apple chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
So lovely, you took a commonly mangled trope and made it a really gentle and subtle relationship piece, I love it.
elf mermaid chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
This. Is. Totally. Awesome! :D And, you're wrong. Thank YOU for posting this story. :)
One More Thing chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
LOVED IT! So sweet and realistic with the perfect amount of sweetness and sadness!
Japanese Dreamer chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Awesome one shot!
kitty4 chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
This is an incredible piece of work - very well written and most of all one of the best character studies I have read since, well years. With much detailyou reflect the persons' thoughts and actions. The cut-out scenes are well placed. Your descriptions never get OOC, neither do you use clich├ęs (like eg. her sitting him all the time or him always only answering "keh"). Most fascinating: you wrote a heart-warming story about the relationship of Kagome and Inuyasha that manages to develop a romance without using the (sometimes so over-used) I-love-you confession scene. All in all this was a pleasure to read, you are talented to observe characters and develop them - it would be nice to read more of your works here.
ten.thousand.spoons chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
This was very well done. I love how you used something terrible and utterly human, this illness, to create something that would bring them together. (Ironic though, ne?) And I loved how you kept them both in character the entire time. The description was also a treat- an excellent balance, not too skimpy and not too overdone.

Great work.
manga chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
That was a sweet story. I enjoyed it, thank you. :)
licia chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
beautiful.

really,really beautiful.
shackleton chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
hella good. i already told you but with a different name. i just wanted to get this on my faves list since i made a profile.
hA-UkA chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
I love this story you really use detail, that fact puts your story above many others I've read
Piett600 chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
This is a touching, enjoyable and engaging piece of work. It's romantic without being too sappy. Nicely done!