Reviews for The Minstrel to the War Is Gone
dgraymanfan 200 chapter 3 . 4/28/2014
Your story was/is wonderful!

I've been looking for stories centered around Lidir and I must say this is the best one I have read!
Desertfyre chapter 3 . 9/21/2012
Beautiful story! Loved that it was centered on Lindir. He rarely gets a chance to shine. Lovely read!
gginsc chapter 3 . 8/8/2011
lOVELY! Great job.
Fiorenza chapter 3 . 7/20/2011
Some of your point-of-view shifts in this story are a little confusing, but the story is excellent. Thanks for sharing it.
Louiseoblique chapter 3 . 5/15/2011
An excellent story, very unique. I really enjoyed it, thank you.

Best wishes,

Louise
Thirteen Songbirds chapter 3 . 3/14/2010
I love that poem! This is undoubtedly one of your best. I love the way you write Glorfindel; keep up the good work!

Bardess
Emily chapter 3 . 1/31/2010
Oh. Oh. By all that's pure in the world, what a fantastic story! I have been shaking since halfway through the first chapter! I am still shaking!

And at "I will die before I stop! As I rode out one May morning-"

I think my heart broke.

I feel like cursing, but I don't dare.
guest chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Just read this, it is soo well done! I love how you made a hero who wasn't a warrior!
Agape chapter 3 . 12/1/2008
Wow! This was excellent - especially the Author's notes. I'd not heard that sone before - and I loved WHY you actually wrote the story.

Lindir and Legolas' suffering after the fact was sadly precious. How right it seemed that Lindir's wounds were harder to heal than Legolas'.

Excellent tale. Thanks for sharing it.
Agape chapter 2 . 12/1/2008
I really do hope that Legolas will someday realize the sacrifice that Lindir is paying. I have played my guitar, one time, in the freezing cold of a mountain pass in what was once Yugoslavia. The strings were frozen and my fingers ached - one of the worse pains I've ever felt (but it was for a good cause). I thoroughly emphathize with Lindir. I hope that he will be able to play again - one day!
Agape chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Excellent beginning. It hurt to see the treatment of the lute - I play guitar and always oil it and love it... must have been incredibly difficult for Lindir to do this... but necessity...
the great THEM chapter 3 . 7/1/2008
I chose this story because of the title (I've always loved that song!) and I'm so glad I did. I love to see stories that use lesser-known characters, and since most of the elves are warriors, it's a nice change to read one about a minstrel who is very much -not- a warrior!

Keep it up.

~Butterfly Lion
Indigo Fireflight chapter 3 . 4/2/2007
That was awesome! I love the idea of a minstrel "going to war with his voice", as you explained it. It is interesting to see Lindir in this light. It was well written. Very intense. I look forward to reading more of your stories!

-Merry
Alma's Muse chapter 3 . 3/17/2007
This was another great story. Amazing. I think I've found another 'favorite author' :)

Alma's Muse
ziggy chapter 3 . 1/16/2007
I feel a bit guilty because I should have reviewed this when I first read it- but I have come back to it because it is an interesting and oh so different tale. It's good to see Lindir in this heroic situation. You don't use cliches either so I enjoy the writing. 'The door slammed open, hit the wall, and twisted oof its hinges to lie on the floor as a god cut off the afternoon sunlight' Beautiful, power, stillness - deadly stillness though. Fabulous.