Reviews for Fractured
Rapscallion7780 chapter 1 . 7/11
ShaneFan, Great combination of both the film and movie versions of Misery. I don't believe many people have read the book, so including highlights such as Annie's "laughing place" and her livestock starving to death while she torments Paul Sheldon into writing were tragic touches of realism.

Great job describing Annie coughing up burnt pieces of the Misery manuscript Paul shoved down her throat, and Annie's final moments before she succumbed to her fatal injuries.

I liked that you included that Annie's final resting place is far away from the other tombstones in the cemetery (Who wants their loved ones buried near a serial killer?) and that while the corner reported that Annie died of a linear skull fracture, you mentioned that her brain was fractured long ago.
ChocolateChipCookie29 chapter 1 . 10/11/2016
I've read this one before, and sorry I didn't review it. It's even better the second time. I have your other one, Misery Loves Company in my favorites list, and am going to add this one! :) Very good and very haunting!
Verisimilitude1218 chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
This was genius. I loved it. You captured Annie's essence very well and I certainly regret reading this before I went to sleep.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
what does linear mean?
KuriSari chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
Wow very good! Her perspective of that spectacle.
xelectrogirlx chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Wow. You're a very talented writer. This fic was really, astoundingly good. The way you mimic the way Stephen King writes was very impressive. I especially liked all the parts in italics - I think you captured Annie Wilkes' character perfectly (quite a hard thing to do, I imagine!) Misery is one of my favourite King novels and I loved this fic... it was very interesting to read what could well have been going through her mind before she died. Well done!
Counter Spark chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Siiigh. I love good fanfiction. This is great. You really get in the head of Annie, which is a scary place. Good job!

Also *cough* SELF PROMOTION *cough* I just wrote a quick one shot for Misery, too. I only mention it because I don't think many people search Misery fanfic, and I want someone to know it exists. Lolz.

But anyway, this is absolutely great, and you write a skill level not seen enough on this site. Er- not to knock the site. Er. But yeah. Great job!
Something Witty Goes Here chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Love it! Misery is my 2nd favorite Stephen King book, and I think you did a brilliant job with it!
Sofei chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
i loved misery (book and movie) and i thought it was fascinating that you chose to write from her perspective...got inside her head during that time when all knew about was paul. really good job :) loved the inserts with the quotes. it really helped to keep her character
And I'm None the Wiser chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
that was very good.

Misery was a chilling book, and you wrote Annie's inner thoughts perfectly.

That should have been in the book itself.
Hel-Lokisdotter chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Wow. I really like this - you've got Annie's thought processes just how I imagined them, and your style reads a lot like King's - bloody brilliant. -
Completely Bunned chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
Man...man that was brilliant. I LOVE Annie Wilkes, and I'm HER number one fan XD That was brilliantly written, I loved it, and I totally plunged into it. It's kinda sad that Annie's love is surrounded by so much insanity. Thank you ! I only saw the movie and haven't been able to read the book yet ! THANKS !
ghosts and the fauna chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
This story is incredible.

No, it's divine

God it's like you are right inside of Annie's head, it's like you become her for awhile.

I am so blown away, this story is so powerful & terrifying.

I'm so glad I found it! I'm putting it on my favourites.

You are very talented xx
lady-bluebeard chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
Quite well-done and impressive.

I see what you mean about the lovely little hints about the book. My favorite being "Now my tale is told." I always loved that line. It sounds silly, but one of my favorite parts is that quotes being unpuntuized.. It just gives it that perfect every touch.

To quote Annie Wilkes, I can say that this is "Perfect, a perfect, perfect thing."

-CultureVulture.
The Vendetta chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
*Cheers* I've been looking for a Misery story in the Stephen King section and I'm so glad I found yours. Great job; I love hearing about Annie Wilkes!