Reviews for Of Guilt and Redemption
Jaye Black chapter 2 . 8/4/2008
Gah, this was so great. Very intense. *nods*

Awesome job. :)
Jaye Black chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
Ack! So good! The ending was shocking, and I need to go read more now, kk?

*runs off*
Stoneage Woman chapter 2 . 5/21/2008
Wow. This was a brilliantly written, moving, and insightful peice. I really enjoyed it. This particular sentence rang so true: "They were both selfish. They both wanted their own thing, their own way, and were narrow-minded in their pursuit of it. "

Sam is often characterized as a whiner, and as really selfish to not want a life of hunting. I think it's good that you reminded us that Dean is just as selfish in his own way. Well done.
billysgirl5 chapter 2 . 3/31/2008
Wow! Amazing story! Wonderfully written, too!
TraSan chapter 2 . 10/6/2007
I know this is an older story, but I followed a link, which led to a link, which led to this story. :D

I'm glad I followed them because this story was just wonderful.

I always felt bad for both boys at the Asylum because Sam really was given a supernatural whammy by Ellicott (obviously attacked long enough to alter his mental state. And Ellicott had the time...) and Dean for Sam's words.

But they were minor annoyances, passing thought augmented by Ellicott's brand of therapy.

The same way that the shapeshifter in Skin was able to access Dean's feelings and twist their shape to hurt Sam.

Excellent story.
amitai chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
This story is brilliant! Just the sort of angst I was looking for after watching Asylum... thank you!

-ami xx
girlfan1979 chapter 2 . 7/21/2007
Very nicely characterised, for both of them.

On a personal level, I'd like to add that Sam and I have much more in common as interests - and Dean and I have much more in common in pure back-brain instinct response.

It's a nice conflict to have, and part of what holds my interest in the show, I have no doubt. This is one of the few fics I've seen that competely captures their utter human faults and fragility - how they can both by almost, so close to right and yet, holding out of that, f*ck it up so completely.

I'm sorry that I'm not more articulate. I'm finishing my MA thesis, can barely type with my right hand as a result (but look what Im using it for!)

The strenghts and faults, human failings and sympatico genuinely comes through this piece. Well done, indeed.
charming2drew chapter 2 . 6/13/2007
Oh My.

This was great.

I absolutely loved it.

All the angst and drama.

Definitely a FAV!

anonymouos chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
I usually like your fics but this one was so wrong on so many levels. Dean would never be the careless, cold-hearted selfish man you made him out to be so that Sam could become the good martyr. Both characters are really OOC. You make Sam, wimpy, poor victimized by his older brother Sam who takes Dean's insults, keeps them all in and suffers silently till it's too much and Dean realizes how horrible he's been and how, (isn't it always the case),it's all his fault for being so cold and careless with Sam. And we all know Dean is not like that, nor is Sam such a wimpy loser.

I din't put my name cause I usually like your work, but your Sam bias is blaring in the one.
Nicola Silvera chapter 2 . 3/8/2007
oh...wonderfull. Asylum is an awaesome episode to play with because there was a huge breaking point for the guys. And yeh, I updated my story so check it out if u have a chance
Poaetpainter chapter 2 . 3/1/2007
amazing story, I really liked it
IIOL chapter 2 . 2/15/2007
wow, never thought someone would find a way to make it all Dean's fault. messed up. glad they reconciled atleast.
Eve-Tuscany chapter 2 . 1/19/2007
this is such a sad fic... It's great! Keep up the good work.

p.s. Love your other fics too _
PointOfView chapter 2 . 12/28/2006
Oh wow! Chapter two was even better than the beginning! I'm so glad you had to write this fic!

I LOVE IT! It is by far your best post-Asylum thoughts ever! (HUGS)

Great job with the medical jargon too by the way. ;-)

Of course some particular passages have to be noted: :-)

Aw... I just love the way it comes back to following orders!

Oh hon'... I've been the one holding the paper out to have signed and I just have to say you've captured the feeling of signing that paper beautifully!

BRAVA! It had to be said! It had to be! (HUGS)

The defining moment! LOVE it! PERFECTION!

The way you write and the ideas you express put me in such awe! Beautifully written... positively brilliant passage!

I really, truly loved this fic! And I hate myself for having taken so long to read it... but it was worth the wait none the less!

Always and forever, your biggest fan!

111 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »