Reviews for Of Guilt and Redemption
X5vale chapter 1 . 12/17/2006
Great fic, loved this AU to Asylum.
sairah chapter 2 . 12/17/2006
Lovely..just like all your work is.
1 chapter 1 . 12/17/2006
Oh, and Dean managed to fight off Ellicott just fine. So, I guess Sam really is a girl. Once again, your Dean is so OOC, and your Sam is so pathetic, I wonder how anyone thinks this could actually happen.
0 chapter 2 . 12/17/2006
Oh Faye, Hey. Once again, I'm completely and utterly amazed at your uncanny ability to take canon and distort it so completely to fit your own twisted angst whore delusions. Every time I read one of these stories, I have to ask myself if you've ever actually even met a real man, because if I was a man, and I met a woman who so effectually castrated perfectly good brothers for fun, I'd run screaming in the other direction.
Winter Stars chapter 2 . 12/17/2006
That was very beautiful, Faye, thank you very very much for writing it. I love your insight on the brothers, and how you voice Sam's and Dean's heart and soul. It's so sad to see Dean so at lost when Sam was hurt. To see Sam so still and not moving, there's something so eerie about it. But I like the finish, when Sam was all worry and scare and apologising to Dean, and Dean softly and gently told Sam that he has nothing to apologise for, and that they're both at faults. I love the boys, and I love how you capture them. Spot on. Always. Thank you for writing. You really made my day. Cheers!
Rachelly chapter 2 . 12/17/2006
Great second chapter! I was going to select my favorite parts but realized I'd be duplicating almost your entire chapter! I guess my favorite part was when Dean was reasoning out what had happened...and concluded that he had manipulated his brother...told him to pull the trigger and that his anger towards his brother really wasn't fair...his mind had been messed with...pure emotion without reason! Love the explanation and so wished the tv show had dealt with the fall out of what had happened. Thanks for finishing it for us!

As always, great job. I look forward to your next one!
Annonie chapter 2 . 12/16/2006
Um...I read this instead of writing...I'm sorry...The temptation of another Faye fic was just too great! It's not me to blame it's you and your damnly phenominal writing! It's addicting, I can't help it. And how dare you tempt me on a night I'm supposed to be writing...that's just not fair!

Okay, anyway...

Having Ellicot be the source of his brain damage was such a twist! Not only that but to have Dean gradually get angrier throughout the first chapter while Sam was getting sicker and sicker without Dean noticing, it was just so cruelly ironic and brilliant!

My only...complaint (for lack of a better term) is that it took me a while to realize that this took place directly after scarecrow instead of asylum...I kept rereading the first part thinking about asylum and wondering 'when did Sam save Dean?' and stuff like that and then finally it clicked with an 'Oh.' But that was probably more my stupidity than anything else.

Other than that, I loved it (as always). Part of me just hopes my Secret Santa present can be this good. I especially loved the last part:

Sam only wanted to define himself, but seemed to follow orders when it counted.

Dean was afraid of being alone, yet always seemed to be pushing people away.

That was so insightful it just wowed me!

Great job! And shame on you for distracting me! But what a great distraction!
KatieLB chapter 2 . 12/16/2006
oh i really wish sammy was awake for that apology...good job...very nice christmas gift!
Starliteyes17 chapter 2 . 12/16/2006
Oh, Faye! This was so beautiful.

I've read hundreds of hospital chapters, and I never tire of them! This one was a great one. You covered all the bases - the helpful doctors, the sympathetic nurses, learning about the machinery, etc. Basically, you set up the scene very concretely, considering most of the chapter focused on Dean's internal thoughts about past and not present events.

Oh man, so much character development here. Dean evolved so much - his anger going to worry going to outright pain and regret. I love how you explained that BOTH boys were responsible for what happened at the Asylum, and not just Sammy or just Dean. Not only that, but responsible for the state of their relationship afterwards.

Sammy and Dean were just so broken in this two-shot. Both for completely different reasons on the surface, but underneath it was the same reason: each one didn't feel worthy of being loved by the other. Your storytelling abilities are a good match for conveying that, and you did it so well here that I was crying at the end. I was so glad that Dean apologized, though Sammy didn't hear it - it makes sense, considering how hard it is for Dean to verbalize how he feels, especially when he's sad (if he's angry or annoyed, it's usually not too hard for him, heh). And Sam's exlamation of "I'm still sorry," melted me. *wipes eyes*

Faye, this was fantastic. It's like you've been planning this for an entire year since the episode aired, there's so much you've managed to create beneath the surface of it. The feelings in this piece aren't just anger, pain, regret - they go further then that. Each emotion has it's own individual explanation, and there is more below even those realizations. You've dug so far beneath this, that now each time I rewatch "Asylum" I'll see Dean or Sam make a split-second face and think to myself, "okay, so this is exactly what he thought at that moment, and this is why, and this is how his brother felt about it when he saw it, and this is how he reacted to it later..." And by the time I finish just thinking about that one face, I'll have to rewind five minutes so I can catch the next expression and words out of our beautiful boy's mouths. Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, it did when I thought about it in my head :D

Excellent, excellent work. Summary: I LOVE. That is all. ;D
KatieLB chapter 1 . 12/16/2006
oh my goodness! really good little missing scene and Im so happy to see its length...great job
Ibelieveinsam chapter 2 . 12/16/2006
Faye, this was beautiful. It’s good to see the hurt feelings as a result of what happened in the asylum and when Sam and Dean were separated being addressed. There had to repercussions and it’s a shame the show often brushes things aside instead of delving deeper into the issues that these situations bring to the surface. It's so great that we have fanfic writers like you to show us what happened if the show won't. You wrote Sam’s physical injury due to Ellicot’s tampering with his brain very realistically. And you gave Sam seizures too! I have a thing for seizing Sammy so that made me really happy lol.

I adored Dean’s introspection at a comatose Sam’s side. This was wonderful: "It's a two-way street." Why can’t some of these Sammy hating people see it this way? Neither brother is perfect. This was my favorite line: “There’s enough blame to share, little brother. There’s enough." Truer words have never been spoken. Thank-you for an awesome read :)
JJ Phoenix chapter 2 . 12/16/2006
Spending time in Dean's head is just gut wrenching, man. If I weren't such an angst whore, it might upset me. ;) I think you nailed all the emotions...the guilt, the sadness, the frustration, the guilt, the need to make things better...and the guilt. :)

Sam was intubated!

"He had even memorized the way Sam’s hair curled, even dirty, the way the strands fell haphazardly over his head."

Umm, okay, the image of Dean sitting there just STARING at Sam makes me squeeful.

The fics that end sort of open-ended are my favorites. The ones that don't wrap everything in a neat little bow but don't leave you in need of a sequel, either. And this ending was perfect for this story!

- me
citiesofsouls chapter 2 . 12/16/2006
Great finish!

*claps* lol
mcatB chapter 2 . 12/16/2006
Great story - why does guilt just work so well with these two? Glad they could tamp it down enough to apologize and work on getting back together again. Thanks!
angel679 chapter 2 . 12/16/2006
Sorry I reviewed as angels838 last time I have two Ids but I try to review under the same name for each author. Okay okay you made me see Sammys point of view in this chapter and yea it would suck to always feel like your never good enough so he should recognize the same feelings in his brother and the emotional damage that has been done to him by being left quite literaly by everyone. Sam just honestly has a stronger personality which allowed him to leave which probably came in part by Dean always being there for him no matter what something Dean didnt have as far as support system is concerned. Yes your right Sam did go with him reluctantly but he did go. Is Dean going to try to get him to go back to normal and is that going to make Sam think that Dean doesnt want him around anymore. This was a great chapter I hope you add more.
111 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »