Reviews for Hermione's Plan
Samwise95 chapter 32 . 6/18
It's been a few weeks since I finished reading this story, but I felt I needed to post something about it since I have created a Fanfic account yesterday.

Let me just start off by saying this story was amazing. It was silly at some points (come on now, Hermione actually liking to be nude alongside strangers?), but even those parts felt good to me, and that's what defines this as a really good story in my opinion. The first eight or nine chapters were so amazing that it really gripped me into reading until the end, and it didn't disappoint one bit!

I also like how Ron and Ginny are integrated into the story and how you have incorporated all these little things like the more powerful Patronus Charms, it really adds to the quality of the fic if you ask me. I really don't have any negatives. Very well written.

I'd like to thank you for writing and sharing this. My social life changed quite drastically about seven weeks ago (that happens when you're a teenager), and reading has helped me get through some of the moments where I was generally sad and unhappy. Thanks to this story (it was the first one I read here), I had something to look forward to when I returned home everyday, and I feel a lot better now than I did when I started reading this a couple of weeks ago. Thanks! )
Simianpower chapter 28 . 6/2
Wow. I hate to say it, but I've totally lost interest in this story. The first half was slow, but at least seemed to be moving. This second act is not only preachy (especially the sexual politics), but also just flat boring! I guess that's what I get for reading a Romance/Drama instead of an Action/Fantasy. I actually don't care what happens next. Sorry, I'm out.
Simianpower chapter 21 . 6/2
I thought the restriction on Veritaserum was that it had to be approved for use by the Wizengamot or taken willingly, and a significant portion of the Wizengamot were the very ones who were protecting the Death Eaters the first time around. I'm pretty sure that was canon, but I can't quote where it's from. With Fudge AND Dumbledore against punishing anyone for doing anything wrong, they could make sure enough bad guys were at any meeting to head off a successful vote to authorize use, but with a competent minister and Chief Warlock it could go the other way. Games like rescheduling at the last minute and so on could be used for the light side just as well as the dark.

In a more realistic world than JKR wrote, any law enforcement WOULD routinely dose suspects with Veritaserum because you couldn't lie to protect yourself OR to implicate someone else. We have protections against self-incrimination now because anyone and everyone can lie and any deposition could go badly wrong, but with Veritaserum that fear goes away and the protection probably wouldn't apply. Especially since the wizarding world is so backward, and legal systems of the 1700s didn't even have such protections in the first place. She wrote a very self-contradictory world.
Simianpower chapter 17 . 6/1
To be fair, Hogwarts is probably the LEAST safe place in the country, so that argument falls pretty flat. Voldemort, basilisk, dementors, dragons/etc, death eaters, more death eaters, at what point does the "it's the safest place around" start to lose credibility with these gullible wizards? You can say something until you're blue in the face, but if piles of public evidence contradict what you say it SHOULD be tough to get people to believe it.
Simianpower chapter 16 . 6/1
I agree with other reviewers who say that the Kreacher-mort was overly powerful. Without a wand, holding off four above-average wizards at once? Really? Harry would have been dead in the graveyard in that case, deus ex machina or no.

Also, did you negate the scar horcrux just to avoid angst, or because you hadn't read that book yet, or for some other reason? It's one of the only things that explains some of Dumbledore's actions, so not having that in place changes a lot of other things that haven't been addressed.

And as a final note, more aimed at JKR than you: it's totally LAME to have a Fideliused secret passed along via a note except in extreme circumstances such as when the secret-keeper isn't available to simply TELL the people involved and thus has to have it done by proxy. It's totally not secure, and gains nothing over the much simpler verbal method.
Simianpower chapter 15 . 6/1
Wait, wait, WAIT! Four or five witches suddenly lusting after Ron "I'm a slob and a prat" Weasley? Really? He's the laziest student of his year. He constitutionally cannot eat with his mouth closed. He's a fair-weather friend. He never once thinks before he speaks, and thus insults everyone as easily as he breathes. The only thing I can see that might attract anyone is that he's tall. And yet suddenly he has a fan club? What were you THINKING?
brightflare chapter 32 . 5/3
Excellent story!
A Prank worthy of the Marauders and the Twins sir keep up the great story's
InwoodHp chapter 32 . 4/11
Loved the premise and story.
I really like how you keep Ron in the story and don't make him out as the bad guy, and he supports Hermione when pursuing a relationship with Harry. It made me giddy when Ron got protective of Harry when he was making sure Hermione wouldn't take advantage of him in his mental state. Love it. (;
theboona chapter 32 . 3/24
I'm very clearly late getting into this whole fanfiction lark, but bravo sir! Extremely well written, one of the best I've read.
Sammyboy94 chapter 5 . 3/24
I saw it coming but only because i have read it before.
Really really enjoyed your story. Thanks for sharing it. All the twists and turns made it quite an enjoyable journey.
My-name-is-a-drug-legit chapter 10 . 3/7
While I loved Harry's proposal a few chapters ago, I am getting rather sick of Mary Sue/Hermione and Gary Stu/Harry. Sadly, a year of training does not compare to years of war hardened training that most Order members have. I understand that Snape was caught off guard and that this was a matter of underestimation, but I'm afraid I'm going to be unable to finish this story unless I want to through up from the amount of untouchable rainbow glows coming off of those two.
old guy chapter 32 . 1/19