Reviews for Bank Job
EagleJarl chapter 4 . 4/16
River dreaming sexytime dreams about Jayne and sharing them with him...oh yeah, this is gonna go great.

Glad to see the HOBs are dead, and even better that River did one of them herself. Every death is a loss for humanity, but those two weren't a real big loss. Kinda unnoticeably small, actually. I'm sure there are other HOBs though, so they aren't out of the woods yet.
EagleJarl chapter 2 . 4/16
Yay! River, we badass mode ON!

That was very cool, and I grinned when they got the mail job from the people they had just finished ripping off. Fanty and Mingo did them a real favor by sending that other team along.

Also, Zoe: Jayne is NOT a bad influence in River! He was the one that took her shooting and insisted on her being armed on the job. If it were t for her you would not be standing there, alive, unhurt, and loaded down with cash. You would instead be, at the very least, broke and quite possibly shot. So let it go. Yeesh.
EagleJarl chapter 1 . 4/16
Yep, here we go. Jayne and River, sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes nookie, then comes Mal and Simon going berserk and pushing him out the airlock.

Hm, maybe not such a good idea, actually.
TheCauldron chapter 4 . 3/18
I love how you explore rivers character. :)
Spirix chapter 4 . 3/17
I like how Jayne handles things. It makes perfect sense if you give it a moment.

Rix
Jaycie Victory chapter 4 . 7/14/2013
Love how easily the horrifyingly scary Hands of Blue are reduced to mere men, and then easily disposed of. Linear Jayne to the rescue! Great stuff.
Shanyetta chapter 4 . 5/1/2013
Beautiful. Love it. You write them all so well.
Ceslas chapter 4 . 3/4/2013
I love your voices. Especially Wash! He makes me smile each time he appears- well done. However, I want more of this tale please. As a Jayne/River writer I really enjoy this perspective on their growing relationship and I hope you have the rest of the story available to share. Again, nice work, a story that held my attention until I got to here- well after 1:00AM. Ahem. ;)
MaddAlice chapter 4 . 1/29/2013
Loved this one as well :)
ForEver-A-DayDreamer chapter 4 . 1/25/2013
Hate you for not continuing ;(
ahbuggrit chapter 4 . 10/15/2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this as well! I love how the relationship between Mal and Inara is the same as ever, but just a teensy bit different due to her decisioin to return (and the change in professions helps, when it comes to Mal). And I think Simon and Kaylee's is really cute.
I like how Zoe is being observant and wary of Jayne (I can't really blame her). Wash is simply hilarious in this series :)
River killing the blue hands... simply awesome! I'm glad someone pushed her for it.
butchinthestreets chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
I never realized until now that I actually don't know how Mandarin plurals work.
librarywitch chapter 4 . 5/10/2012
Awesome tale! Once again I love how you wove cannon into your world. You have done such justice to the 'Verse! Thanks for sharing.
Ellie DC chapter 4 . 9/9/2011
"Simon would have tried to convince her to come down anyway. The captain would have ordered her to come down. Jayne went over and turned off the lights. "There. Lights all gone.""

Oh man, I feel like this could have been cannon in the show. It just sums up these characters' personalities and their prefered courses of action perfectly, and I love that you were able to express it so succinctly.

I also liked Mal's righteous fury over what Early said to Kaylee. He has the best sweet spot for her.

I wish the conflict with the Blue Hands was a little bit more in depth. It just seemed so simple, and even though it wasn't one of Mal's plans, it went too smoothly. And I'm glad Book is like the voice of reason here, because no one wants River to turn into a mini-Jayne. She needs to be her own person, so I'm glad for the girl's day earlier in the story.
Ellie DC chapter 3 . 9/9/2011
"Jayne had a vocabulary of grunts that Mal was sure would put the average pig to shame."

I love this. Adam Baldwin does bring a lot of grunting to his characters, doesn't he? The exchange between him and Book in this chapter was awesome, and I like the bit where Jayne picks up Book's subtle hints, but pretends not to notice. He can be smart when he wants to be, as long as reading isn't involved!

Loving this series of stories, I wish there were more