Reviews for Monster Slayer
ElevethaHoure chapter 1 . 2/12/2020
I really liked seeing the various thoughts and reactions as John gathers the candles :)

I always enjoy seeing little holes or missing moments from episodes that expand the scene or help explain what happened!
general zargon chapter 1 . 6/9/2018
Lovely. :) This is a beautiful story, and I loved the way you wrote the view-points of all the people Sheppard asked for candles. This was really nice to read, and I wish you the best of luck on your writing!
Vadercat chapter 1 . 3/2/2017
bummer no reaction from Rodney? Liked the premise of the story.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/16/2015
I read this before. I read it now. My perspective has changed. Now I like it better.

Pro-Friendship
Berkana aka Thorunn chapter 1 . 11/4/2014
Oh, it's a good story. Sometimes funny, sometimes sad. But most of all I liked how Sheppard cares about Rodney
Elaine chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
I've always liked this one; the imagery is wonderful.
dragoness simplicity chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
Beautifully written. It really gives the 'Tao of Rodney' scene the sense of deep family values.
Also, now we know where all Atlantis' candles are if we ever need one to light the way in darkness. XD
Elaine chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
So very John, and yet not what many would expect - well done.
Formosa Non Katalaveno chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
AWWW! that was so sweet. I could picture the whole thing in my head. It just made me all smiley and stuff.

How much you wanna bet that by the next day everyone in Atlantis will know what John did? Trust me, it will get out somehow.

I really liked it. Great job!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
That is so sweet! I love it! Brilliant again! I really can see John doing that. It is such an orginal story...I love it!
Azamiko chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
*smile*
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
I love that John throws himself into the task of collecting candles so thoroughly that his quarters are probably a serious fire hazard by the time he is finished!

A brilliant touch is the different reactions of those he collects candles from. Katie enjoys the view and is amused. Dr Simpson dismisses him as a "macho flyboy" trying to impress a girl. Corporal Beaudreax is completely intimidated by her commanding officer and tries to figure out what regulation she is breaking! Kate tries to analyse his behaviour and find a disorder in it.

It is Teyla's reaction though that is beautiful. She sacrifices her candles that would normally be vital to her, some which can't be replaced, and she doesn't let him know what she is doing. She knows that he plans to use them to help Rodney and so is giving the best help she can.

It's the fact that John approaches helping Rodney mediate to Ascension the same way he would a mission to a dangerous planet that is both funny and touching, showing the depth of their friendship and how he falls back on what he knows.
Zirra Nova chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
This is a touching story, without being sad. The different point of views were excellent, and the people chosen for them was clever. My favorite would have to be Teyla's, simply because that's very much something she'd do in my opinion.
Sachita chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Loved this story. Great, wonderful, as always. I don't expect any less from you! I especially liked Corporal Beaudreax's response. You made my day just that little bit better. Thank you.
midnight glade chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
Aw, this was really sweet. I did wonder why John was collecting all of those candles but by the end I understood...I think. I thought it was really nice how Teyla gave him all her special candles and acted like they weren't important.

The people he asked for candles must be really confused about about why he wants them...I know that if I were in their position and hadn't read the end then I would be too.

My favourite part was when LaDonna Beaudreax thought that John would be able to save the city with a bag of candles; it really made me laugh...because he would find a way if he had to lol.

This was really well writtern, well done.