Reviews for Image Of You
bilbobarneybobs chapter 17 . 8/7
Wow!
It's 10 years since you wrote this, so I doubt you'll see this, but just wanted to tell you how much I loved this story. It's the second time I've read it, with a fair few years apart but I have loved this reading even more than the first. Such powerful writing, such emotion. I am completely and utterly in love with Ginny and I have devoured every sentence and paragraph eagerly, to race towards the blissfully romantic conclusion. Thank you.
You’re an awesome writer. I think this was one of the best angst I’ve read so far. That said, I really didn’t enjoy the “happy” ending. Even knowing this is a HGHW fic, the way you wrote it, I felt, reads better as a tragedy, with maybe a bit of silver linings. Not every story has to have a happy ending and this one felt forced. Great story though.
kimjongjae chapter 17 . 4/30
hello! l'm Korean I plan to translate your novel from 9 and post it in internet cafe.
Would you give me permission? Is Flight 17 the last one?
Spotless.Minds chapter 17 . 4/24
Loved it
darkthinks chapter 17 . 6/29/2017
This was amazing. Beautiful, heartwarming, well-written, and horribly believable, this story really is one of the best I've read. Thank you so much for putting the time and effort into writing this and developing these characters.
darkthinks chapter 9 . 6/29/2017
I'm screaming! I expected this, but still, poor, poor Harry. Poor, poor Ginny. This story gives me anxiety but in the best way possible. The HP fandom really needs more femmeslash, huh?
darkthinks chapter 4 . 6/28/2017
GOD i love this already i have no words its so good and gay! bless this and you, cant wait to read the rest of it
thescolar chapter 17 . 5/27/2017
love this story
7jerky chapter 16 . 3/24/2017
This is the most beautiful angst I have ever read in any fandom. And I wanted to tell you that now. Before I saw how you ended this. Because honestly if I didn't love the absolutely beautiful pain that you have given me over 16 chapters... I would've stopped a while back...
But this was incredible.
chrisdenvl chapter 17 . 9/20/2016
I have to say this is probably the best story I've ever read out here. It's raw, extremely painful and yet - sometimes - sweet and hilarious. Thank you. I loved every single sentence.
What I have to say, though, is: I hated the second part of the last chapter.
Why?
While I can - in a way - relate to and understand Ginny, I do think Hermione is quite a horrible person. She's obsessed with social norms yet highly egoistical and sometimes downright cruel. Whatever "game" she was playing with Ginny, was extremely wrong.
Poor Harry. Poor Ron. These are good men. And while Ginny's "madness" over Hermione can be a factor to understanding (and forgiving) her horrible actions, there's nothing to excuse Hermione. She actually seems like some almost psychopathic, so cold and manipulative most times.
Anyway, the point is, both Hermione and Ginny are not really good people. In pain or not, Ginny never takes responsibilities for her actions - until she's caught red-handed, that is. And that's no good.
As someone has already said: I think it would've been better if Ginny left and Ron found out what transpired and left Hermione. That way Hermione would get her chance at redemption. Or at least a punishment.
I don't think that this unhealthy obsession they have with one another is love, true love, but something very egoistical and destructive. I don't think either of them deserves a happy ending. What Ginny needs is a therapy. What Hermione needs is a kick in the arse.
Anyway, that aside - thank you. It gave me them feels.
Psych0Geek chapter 17 . 9/3/2016
I thought this was an absolutely amazing fic... right up to the last part of the last chapter, and now I'm sorely disappointed, and I hate that I let myself get so invested.

Bar a brief few hours before the wedding night, never once in this fic did Hermione and Ginny approach anything remotely resembling a healthy relationship. It made both them and the people around them miserable. And that is fine; all the secrets, all the lies, all the alcohol and all the infidelity are perfectly fine in a story, as long they are appropriately dealt with in the story, the characters suffer the consequences for their actions and the relationship is acknowledged in the story to be unhealthy.

I think my main problem with the story is this: Ginny and Hermione are not good people. They screwed over the lives of people who did nothing to deserve it; Ron and Harry certainly did not deserve what Ginny and Hermione did to them. And yet the story ends with both of them miserable, while Ginny and Hermione find their true love and are off frolicking somewhere in Europe. I do not understand how that last scene fits into the story at all: Hermione leaving poor Ron at the altar and jumping into the arms of her true love outside reads like the cheesiest scene of a bad rom-com flick.

Hermione and Ginny did not deserve to get a happy ending. Ron and Harry did not deserve everything bad that happened to them. I hesitate to call whatever Hermione and Ginny have as "love", as it seemed to me little more than a selfish obsession that was destroying their lives; take that part out and there is nothing to their relationship at all. Hermione was actually the worse of the two: she threw Ginny to the wolves right after Harry caught them together. How am I supposed to believe Hermione actually truly loved Ginny after that? The story should have ended with Ginny leaving, unhappy but resolved to lead her life the best she can; and Ron realising what happened and leaving Hermione at the altar, so that Hermione is left with neither her passion for Ginny or her "safety" - whatever that means - with Ron. May be Ron meets Harry in the final scene and they resolve to put their pasts behind them. It would have been a great story: if you want to have both "passion" and "safety", if you try to have your cake and eat it too, if you ruin everyone's lives trying to have both, then you'll get neither. A happy ending with Hermione and Ginny together just does not fit into the context of the story at all.

Gah. I'm rambling all over the place. I'm sorry; I had to get it all out of my system. It was an amazing 7 and a half chapters, and I genuinely thank for it. I'm just going to pretend that Ginny just left for Europe and Hermione missed her, or something like that. Ignoring that ending, it was a really good story of how selfish lust - the kind that hurts people around you - hurts you as well and makes you miserable, and nothing good can come out of it.
KiwiPlanet chapter 17 . 7/2/2016
This was amazing. I read the whole thing in one breath. I loved Ginny's character.
I went through all sorts of feelings while reading it.
Simply amazing, well done.
MilandaAnza chapter 17 . 3/22/2016
this was really sad to read but i am glad they figured it out in the end. That said I do not envy just about anyone in this story eesh.
Mariana chapter 1 . 3/18/2016
This is by far, and alongside Influence (a Brittana fic), the best fics I've ever read. I mean, it is really difficult to find really good stories out there, but these two are just amazing and soooo well written.

All I can say is thank you over and over again.
Grand Witch Alliance chapter 17 . 3/14/2016
I loved how this story reminded me of one of my favorite movies ever: Imagine Me & You. The last chapter especially seemed a replica almost of the last 15 minutes of that movie.
Plot: 10/10
Romance: not so much out of 10.

I had no problem with Mione and Ginny's relationship since there circumstances give some leeway in terms of developing their relationship. However, I find Ron and Hermione and Ginny and Harry's relationships both terrible and at some points unconvincing. Ron and Hermione seem to argue constantly. Plus they're both quick prone to anger towards each other. To the point of seeming to almost want to breakup. I can't seem to picture them getting engaged anytime quickly. Ginny and Harry's the completely opposite story. They have little to no interaction. I don't think Harry's dumb enough to actually think "We should get married too!" is the solution.

This is my first Ginny First-Person POV story. I think you portrayed her character quite well given what we know about her from the books/movies and the additional things she did that were mentioned in your story. I do like the tidbits written in third-person point-of-view though. Since you only wrote in Ginny's POV or third-person, I think the clarity was superb. Those third-person POV tidbits were also not redundant and actually shed light into some information crucial to the plot of the story.

Overall, this was a great read. Thanks!