Reviews for Memories of a Distant Love
Guest chapter 14 . 1/26/2017
Really OUAT reference right in the midle of the story...niiiiiiiccccccceeeee.
Jacaraw97 chapter 17 . 5/28/2016
I hope Savannah shows up at Aladdin's wedding
Guest chapter 17 . 5/28/2016
My guess is that Savannah would join the forty thieves and during Aladdin's wedding, she will show up
Guest chapter 11 . 5/25/2016
Aladdin was dead wrong for putting Savannah on the friend zone XD
Jacaraw97 chapter 10 . 5/24/2016
The joke is on Jafar
Jacaraw97 chapter 6 . 5/24/2016
*Shaking my head at Aladdin* He kissed Savannah but yet he's taking about the future with a princess, who isn't Savannah /: WTF
Jacaraw97 chapter 5 . 5/24/2016
*happily dancing* They kissed
Jacaraw97 chapter 4 . 5/24/2016
Aladdin should see the "reality" on things. But hey, this is a Disney movie -
Jacaraw97 chapter 1 . 5/24/2016
I bet she ran into Aladdin. Good intro. I love the movie Aladdin and to me, Jasmine do look like a snobby, spoil, brat
rodwyn chapter 16 . 2/28/2016
I must say this was a fantastic read! One of the things I loved the most was the fact that you really had the lingo down for that area and time period. It sounded very believable and flowed without effort. It's always bothered me when stories are supposed to take place in the past and the characters sound as though they're from the present who were simply thrust into a time machine. The dialogue had personality and it wasn't hard to distinguish who was speaking. Nicely done!

I also really enjoyed your attention to detail. Some authors have the tendency to get too detail-happy and write paragraph after paragraph describing a scene which can be so overbearing and unappealing. You didn't need to use a lot of words to paint a picture in my head and not many authors are able to achieve that. The length of the chapters could be disconcerting to some but like I said, the word count didn't seem to matter in this instance because it was so well-written.

The dynamic between Aladdin and Savannah was great and the fact that their opinions differed when it came to the Palace. Both of their viewpoints had good reasoning behind them and I was able to see the Palace and the idea of royalty through both of their eyes - Savannah's anger at their negligence towards their people but also Aladdin's hope that maybe one day all of it would change. It's so easy to lose faith in a higher power but to some people that faith is all they have. You portrayed that well in this story.

The way Aladdin treated Savannah did bother me through most of the story, as I'm sure it did most people. At first I thought it seemed very out of character for him to dismiss her so easily once he met Jasmine. And the fact that he pretended the kiss never happened afterward was really frustrating. But once I finished the story and let it simmer, I realized those things made the story even more realistic. He's a boy and it's not so unbelievable that he'd toy with Savannah's emotions, even if he did it without meaning to.

Even though a part of me desperately wishes Aladdin had chosen Savannah instead of Jasmine, I actually really like the fact that he didn't because so many girls face the dilemma of unrequited love. I think it deserves more exposure in fiction today rather than the girl always getting the guy of her dreams. The fact of the matter is not everyone gets their happy ending and when they do, it isn't always in the way they expected.

I see that this has a sequel so I will definitely be reading that soon! I can't wait to see more of Savannah and how she copes with this new life. I hope it will bring some well-deserved closure between her and Aladdin. Well done! And I apologize for writing a novel haha. I tend to ramble when reviewing stories. It's a habit I'll probably never break.
shattered-glass-slipper1 chapter 16 . 7/19/2015
LOVE IT!
Sequel please! D
Luiz4200 chapter 16 . 7/18/2015
Oh, I so wonder how Cassim will react if she ever speaks of Aladdin.
Luiz4200 chapter 14 . 6/15/2015
Will he tell Jasmine about the lamp?
shattered-glass-slipper1 chapter 13 . 6/14/2015
This is awesome! I'm really getting into this!
I can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter!
Luiz4200 chapter 13 . 6/13/2015
I hope Savannah can convince Aladdin to tell Jasmine the truth. It'd be a nice twist.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »