Reviews for You go Girl!
AmericanGecko chapter 2 . 6/15/2010
Why do I get the feeling shopping and...ahem, "clothing" tips aren't the only things Anne has passed on to her daughter? XD
LTAOZFAN chapter 2 . 11/11/2008
Here you give us a good comparison look at how James regards the Kim & Ron situation at college. He trusts both of them, but checks on things, just to be sure nothing he disapproves of is taking place. But Ron and Kim understand how James will act, they are prepared for his investigations, and even Rufus is able to help with the camouflage.

We get some proof that, just as Anne knew in Chapter One, Kim does "drag Ron into" Cassandra's Confessions from time to time, and she gets things there on her own as well. The two scenes of Ron & Kim, then James & Anne, with each lady in the daring - risque - sexy - whatever - outfit they bought is nicely done. You left the appearance of the garments to our imagination, as it should be. Let each reader dream up the sort of outfit they think Kim and Anne would wear, to attract and please the man in their life.

Finally, I got a kick out of the way Ron views Kim and James views Anne, each with their own mental patterns. Ron's culinary mindset is cute; she has some prime ribs? Lovely! There was a movie made back in the 1940s with Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn as the stars, and at one point in it Tracy, admiring Hepburn's figure, remarks to a friend, "There ain't much meat on 'er, but what there is, is choice!" Ron's thoughts reminded me of that old film.

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

"Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson
LTAOZFAN chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
I neglected to review this the first time I read it, so here is a "chronologically challenged" comment or two.

First, I like the way you write Kim's mother. In this tale she sounds just like the person we see in "Mothers' Day," "Downhill," "October 31st" and other TV episodes with her in them. Anne understands how Kim and Ron feel for each other, and she doesn't object to what may be happening. At the same time, the way Anne lets that self-inflated college kid talk himself into embarassment is just plain wonderful! (He deserved it, too!)

The scene in Cassandra's Confessions is just right. Anne knows that Kim comes in there and gets sexy stuff to wear for Ron, and she knows that letting Kim know that she gets such stuff for James' benefit is a bit unnerving to Kim. But she goes ahead with it as a reminder to Kim (and herself) that being in your forties does not mean that romance and sex have to be things of the past.

And the word picture of how Kim & Ron fit their missions into their college life is nicely done. I wonder if they ever have to help other students with a minor crisis or two? Not all missions need to be save the world class, do they? Well, on to chapter two!

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

"Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson
charizardag chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
This was awesome. You know, I would LOVE to see a fic involving "Nurse Kim" LOL that'd be awesome
kp83 chapter 2 . 2/18/2008
Another great story! Thanks!
Boris Yeltsin chapter 2 . 12/7/2007
Boy, this one was silly. I remember Mother's Day. Why the heck did Drakken think Kim's mom was her sister?

You're really one of the best KP writers around, next to Mrdrp in my book, with Classic Cowboy coming at 3.
TimeCougar chapter 1 . 4/24/2007
Danny-171984 chapter 2 . 3/14/2007
hahaha! That would be something I would say. lol. Nice. I like it how you talk about them, not just KP, but Mrs. Possible too. YOU SEE WHAT YOU DO TO PEOPLE. You suck them in, and when we realize what time it is, its already to late. Nice! Keep on writing.

Danny
Danny-171984 chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
LMAO! ANNE AS KIM'S MOM? That was so cool! I bet those guys almost wet themselves when they find out the truth. hahahhahahah! Nice. Keep on writing.

Danny
Brian chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
Flippin sweet Capt.

The coffie bit was really funny.

My story idea is an AU, set during the Brezhnev era of the USSR. Kim's father is a high ranking KGB officer, and Ron's family is the "working class".

If your interested, give me your email address, and we can expand on the idea.

When I join this site, you can call me Senor Cardgage.
Jezrianna2.0 chapter 2 . 2/20/2007
This is, without a doubt, the best story you've written yet (that I've read, anyway). Sweet, sexy, and romantic, with none (or least not much, and only in chapter one) of the excessive drama I'm remember from earlier stories. Definitely going on the faves list.

Jez
Almaseti chapter 2 . 2/15/2007
Mkay, chapter 2. Ron and Kim are trying to hide the fact that they're sleeping together? I suppose if you take the 'black hole' thing seriously it would make sense, and it is the kind of thing real, not-perfect not-Disney teenagers would do, so good for you.

Anne is quite... agressive, isn't she? You went over how she seemed like a younger woman in the first chapter (I dunno if Dr. D's thinking they were sisters is that huge a deal; this is DRAKKEN we're talking about here. He's a bit of a dummy sometimes.)

Not so sure I like some of the descriptions in this chapter, particularly Ron's of Kim, but that's just personal taste. All in all, pretty okay, if rather short. Is this over, or are you building towards something?
Almaseti chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Hmm, not a BAD first chapter, but the intro could be better. Generally, describing everything a character is wearing at thier first appearance gets old quickly. The phrase 'completed the outfit' is an overused one, and I try not to use much description of clothing unless there is a reason to bring attention to what someone is wearing. Like, say, Kim had walked right past Shego because she hadn't been expecting to see her in something other than the green and black suit, or Monique was wearing clothes she'd designed herself and Kim was complementing her (descriptions after the reason we're supposed to care what they're wearing is better, in my opinion) on them, or Team Possible was forced to show up to a mission in something that defintely wasn't mission type clothes. It's a minor thing, but a pet peeve of a lot of people. Also, PT Cruiser? For some reason I found the mention of a specific brand of car kind of jarring. The KPverse is not our own.

There's also a LOT of exposition. While a little summary 'this this and that had happened' is nice if you want to skip ahead in time a bit, you can reveal things piece by piece instead of one big lump. Like, just say Kim and Ron were going to GCU, the bit about he culinary program, and that they still did the world saving and that things had been 'interesting' on campus at the start. Instead of saying that they'd been tabloid fodder, show it by Kim having to ditch some nosy reporters before meeting up with her mom. It's more interesting that way. Maybe have Mrs. Dr. P overhear someone talking about the football player fight. You could even describe Mrs. Dr. P. but not name her until after she heard the gossips, for a different way of presenting it. It's up to you, of course.

While the cold story is cute, you don't actually get a cold from being cold or wet. You might feel like you have one until you warm up, but it doesn't make you sick or actually weaken your immune system. (I know, it's just fiction, but the closer to reality the better for the readers)

As a personal thing, I feel like you're sort of overplaying this whole 'ZOMG Kim and her mom are so hot every guy stares at them even in front of their girlfriends' thing. It's a bit of a cliche. Actually, the self-absorbed jock making a pass at Kim is a bit of a cliche too. You used it well by incorporating Mrs. Dr. P in there, though, so I won't count it against you.
Anime Chick009 chapter 2 . 2/11/2007
I like the differences between how each guy describes their girl, but it means the same thing. _ Very cute!
Akinyi chapter 2 . 2/4/2007
Great continuation of the first chapter! Of course I might not eat rump roast or prime ribs for a while, but it was still a great read anyway! _
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »