Reviews for The End
Lovely, thank you.
The Hare and the Otter chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
Aww! :)
Rachelle Lo chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
I have imagined that reunion so many times! Nice intro.
BBooDoc chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Well done!
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
I loved this! Ah, more on this subject! Life after the End? What's it like? MORE! *Madly feeding your muse protien shakes and steroids...* ;)
Ocean's Nocturne of the COCA chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
I just want to thank you for writing this. I've been trying for a while to write something similar - with Elrond - but had no idea where to start. I even re-read Chronicles of Narnia for ideas, just because I knew that Lewis and Tolkien where friends and, essentially, betas for each other! I know it sounds sappy, but this fic really means a lot to me. I hated the end of Return of the King, because the parting seemed so...eternal. Thank you for reuniting these friends for us!

Keep writing!

~emyx/Miluiel
sazza-da-vampire chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
oh, that's beautiful
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Reading this just rememberd me, that maybe there IS some kind of reunion. When the world ends, who knowes what will happen?

When the elves are free of the bonds to arda as well...

Noone will ever know, but if it will be like this, then there won't be much sadnes, I guess.
Firefly-Maj chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Thank you! Youre right, but tissues still came in handy! Its very good to imagine that the friends meet again in the end, very satisfying story! )
Canon Cannons chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Aw I love this story, I have always wondered about what happened to the elves after the ending of Ama and wish that Tolkien had been more specific about it all.

I think the elves had it hardest out of all Erus creations, having to watch everything change constantly and losing all your mortal friends to death when you can't follow. I'm glad I'm mortal.

You should write the sequel the this one, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli interacting with all their friends from the war of the rings, Eowyn, Faramir, Boromir, Frodo... Although I apprieciate this would be very hard to write, the ideas are too big and wonderful to condense into words.

All in all one of my very favourite stories, short, sweet and heart rending. *shy smile*
cairistiona7 chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
NiRi, this was beautiful . . . it's one of the rare fics that I had to stop reading and take deep breaths and swipe my eyes and gather myself back together before I could continue. Thank goodness you threw in that "miraculously clean" line or I would still be sobbing in a corner somewhere, I'm sure.

In addition to the heart-wrenching and heartwarming reunions, I really liked this line:

"The place they had called home was no more, but it did not matter, for before them lay their true home."

Aside from it resonating with my own beliefs about heaven, so often when you read anything about the ultimate fate of all the Tolkien characters, it's with sadness as one departs and the rest are left behind to mourn. I found this so uplifting, since you took it to the "other side" and focused on the joy of reunion and life continuing together after the seeming "end".

Lovely! *sniff*

cairistiona
Kay chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
Oh, NiRi, Nina will so LOVE this, and I know she's gonna cry. (Umh, there is one tear, or two in my eyes). This is absolutely excellent, you should have done it with OCs and it would have worked out, too - just because of the fact that your writing is simply beautiful. I especially love "miraculously clean" Estel. Thanks, mellon, for some very special minutes after a hard day's work and sorrow.

Kay *hugs*
nebraskafan chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
Great story! I loved reading it, it even made me cry a little. *sniff* Aw, it was just so sweet! *hugs Legolas, Aragorn, and gimili* keep writing more stories! :)
lotrelves chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
Oh, that was beautiful. *cry* So beautiful...
SoConfusified chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Aww. I love it! :) I haven't seen many fics deal with this subject before. Wonderfully written!