Reviews for Strained Harmony
god of all chapter 3 . 6/14/2013
Great chapter and story so far please continue this story soon
SirKaid chapter 3 . 6/14/2013
Fantastic to see this coming back. It's amusing to see that the extravagant food scenes are continuing to be a thing. I hope Ranma meets Makoto soon - two foodies bonding over culinary exploits would be fantastic.

Hestia, eh? Goddess of the hearth; good choice for Sailor Nanny.

I wonder how much Ranma gets paid? I'm sure that Setsuna can afford whatever arbitrary sum, since she almost certainly uses her powers to play the stock market enough to maintain her lifestyle.

Thanks for the chapter!
Guardoflight chapter 3 . 6/13/2013
Truthfully I wasn't expecting this to be updated but I'm glad you have proven me wrong .

This was an enjoyable chapter and I wonder if anyone from Nerima will discover Ranma secret and if Nodoka's message passing will draw any suspicions. I hope you continue on with this and I look forward to part 2 and the party.
Adyen chapter 3 . 6/12/2013
I actually forgot about this and re-read the previous two chapters to get my bearings back on this.

It reminded me of the age of fanfics that I've forgotten. Thanks for that.
LycanRed chapter 3 . 6/12/2013
I almost didn't believe it when I saw this sitting in my inbox. Has it really been five years? Oh well, I'm glad to see it's not actually dead. I'm supremely curious to see where you're taking Ranma at this point, as things have shifted away from my original prediction by a rather large margin. I suppose I'll just have to wait and find out. Either way, great update, and I can't wait for more.

PeaceOut
LycanRed
Oddball1971 chapter 3 . 6/11/2013
I'm just glad to see you're writing again.
Welcome back.
Rune Tobor chapter 3 . 6/11/2013
So very very good, worth the wait.
But please try not to take as long for the next one.

Thanks.
TharzZzDunN chapter 3 . 6/11/2013
I actually had to read the whole thing again to fix it in my mind, I really liked it even more with the update.

Cheers!
anon chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
So that was what I was waiting for five years?

I can live with that.

Now to search for redheaded baker's daughter pictures...
James Axelrad chapter 3 . 6/10/2013
great chapter. had a lot of fun rereading the whole fic so that i could properly enjoy this new chapter.

i wonder if the cops had a bug in the house...that bit at the end would go a long way towards making their case for them.

thank you the last couple of days i spent enjoying this in my spare time.
tw2000 chapter 3 . 6/10/2013
After re-reading... I had to comment again.
Ranma weight gain (haha at chapter's title) did surprise me. It's an interesting plot-point.

Some short criticism? Some dialog sections suck. Mostly when Ranma interacts with the inner senshi.
Also, Ranma's manners/dialog confused me most of the time. Way too bipolar and jarring.

Other than that... Thank you for the update.
Magnavar chapter 3 . 6/10/2013
Even if it wasn't co-written with Trimatter, I still feel like it captured the same spirit and writing style as before. A great read, and one you don't see very often. Please, keep up the great work, and I am very glad to see this story isn't dead.
Ashen Author chapter 3 . 6/10/2013
It wasn't a letdown. I sincerely hope that I don't have to wait so long again for the next chapter, but I like this story. A lot. The characterization is slow, natural, and very creative. I especially like how Akane and Ranma have changed. They've really grown as people, and I rather hope that Ranma doesn't go back when everything settles down. I like how the strain of juggling everything is taking its toll, but he/she still keeps growing. I really hope to see Nabiki's comeuppance.
The situation you stuck everyone in is perfectly rational and at the same time incredibly interesting. I still can't tell if you're shipping Ranma/Sets or not, which is how it would be in real life too. I also think that the little bit you did with Ami was amazing. OOC while still completely believable, since there's real life OOCness too. I also love how you're fleshing out Kimiko and Nami.
What you said about Ranma's body changes was very interesting. Looking back, I can believe it, but I never thought about it until you mentioned it in the story. Same with her social evolution. S/he's almost unrecognizable as the Ranma we know, but the path s/he took to get there makes complete sense. I also like how Nabiki is faking herself out about 'Usagi'. I do something similar in my story, only its the Dark kingdom convincing themselves that Sailor Senshi are much more dangerous than is true.
Just one more note...You've shown us Akane, a little of Nodoka, and the Tendo household. Can you possibly give us a few scenes where you show how other people are reacting? You said Ukyo's dating again, so how is she handling everything? Has Kuno started up his attacks again? What happened to the Amazons? Inquiring minds are desperate to know.
Pryde Kitty chapter 3 . 6/10/2013
LOVE LOVE LOVE this story! I ended up having to reread it, because I managed to forget enough to understand this 3rd chapter without it. Still it's definitely heating up in some interesting ways, though I do hope by next chapter that Setsuna make a real move on Ranma! Keep up the awesome work as per usual _
ryuma chapter 3 . 6/9/2013